any caucasian pre-meds out there???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeNamath4Eva

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
LOL. I had to do this b/c after looking through previous posts, every ethnicity was represented except caucasians. (errr... maybe i just missed it) my personal fav was "any cyborg pre-meds outthere?" hahaha.

honestly, why is everybody on all of SDN so concerned w/ race? When I go to see a doc, I could care less if they are from China or Mars as long as they know their stuff and are not full of themself. is this what URM status in the application process does to people? Kind of crazy if you ask me

Members don't see this ad.

LOL. I had to do this b/c after looking through previous posts, every ethnicity was represented except caucasians. (errr... maybe i just missed it) my personal fav was "any cyborg pre-meds outthere?" hahaha.

honestly, why is everybody on all of SDN so concerned w/ race? When I go to see a doc, I could care less if they are from China or Mars as long as they know their stuff and are not full of themself. is this what URM status in the application process does to people? Kind of crazy if you ask me

O dear, you should have saved yourself the trouble, there are ~5 caucasian threads over in the 2nd or 3rd pages...they get created every couple of days by someone and then just die very soon.

No. There are none.

Members don't see this ad :)
O dear, you should have saved yourself the trouble, there are ~5 caucasian threads over in the 2nd or 3rd pages...they get created every couple of days by someone and then just die very soon.

Beat me to the punch!

Actually they did have this thread before. It was actually any white pre-med males I don't know if that'll satisfy you. Everyone seemed to agree the reason that many ppl don't see these boards is that not many ppl post in them and so they die off. If you use the search feature you could probably find it. Although sometimes the search feature doesn't work. You could still look for it though.

LOL. yea, that's funny that there are probably a lot more caucasians on SDN but the minority threads last 100x longer. and baylormed... that thread was pretty funny.. thx for the link. well i guess this thread is doomed.

oh, yea. did that guy really get banned? in a lot of the URM threads, there is always someone complaining about it who gets banned. LOL

nevermind... i guess i would just prefer that God made us all the same so ppl wouldn't get so bent out of shape... URM and arguments. But then I guess a uniform race of people would still find something to start arguments and make into an issue that shouldn't exst in the first place.

hey, does anybody know of some good "intelligent design vs. naturalism" threads or maybe "francis collins vs. richard dawkins" I'd be interested in reading those:thumbup:

Oops sorry double post

deja vu. still looking for the dawkins vs. collins thread if anyone knows

Yes, we need another one of these threads.

Seriously, if ANY of the caucasian threads actually contained anything OTHER than whining about the other threads, maybe would post in then huh.

Please title these threads correctly from now on as: "Caucasian person whining about other ethnicities having threads" because that's apparently what all these threads are actually about.

And come to think of it, just post in the existing one even in that case, the one about why there are so many race threads.

Someone PLEASE institute an automatic ban for anybody posting this thread again. Or I'll have to start posting threads about why the caucasians get 90 threads while minorities only seem to have 1 thread for their races.

wow dude. you completely missed the point. i started this to say that race seems to be a bigger deal than it should be. i NEVER complained about other races having threads... and it was sarcasm anyway. nothing on these threads bothers me other than people complaining (which is what you are doing, not me).... so chill out and enjoy life instead of looking for things to complain about and then hypocritically accusing others of complaining.

Picarddisgust.jpg

I don't think it's any different from the "any 29O premeds have acceptances" or "any OOS applying to UDMNJ" threads on here.

I visited one medical school( it shall remain nameless) but there were only 3 black men in the entire school. And during the interview tour, an Asian interviewee pointed out that we hadn't seen one Asian person.

It's encouraging when you're applying to medical school and you see other people with similar backgrounds who are applying as well. Plus when you go to medical school, it may feel isolating knowing that you are the only person of your background. I went to undergrad in New York, and I got excited just seeing people from Michigan.

I don't think race is something that should be ignored. Even as physicians, there are some ilnesses that affect some races more than others. Race is a minor difference among people, but it still shapes people's expereinces. Rather than wishing everyone was the same, I think you should look at and appreciate the different people around you. It just makes the world more fun.

Rather than wishing everyone was the same, I think you should look at and appreciate the different people around you. It just makes the world more fun.

thank you. i totally agree and wish everyone saw things like you do. it's just unfortunate that i don't know many like you. anyways, this is my last post in here b/c i never would have thought that someone could find anything offensive in my post... but some, i guess, just see what they want to see