This guy's verbal score is a fluke?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoLAClippers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This person had a 6 on verbal for the August test. This January test, he doubled his original score and made a 12. He said that he knew about the error-passage before hand, which made him skip that passage immediately and gave him more time to do the other passages. He said that probably helped his score go up 3 to 4 points from his practice test. What would med school admissions people think?

Members don't see this ad.

not this again

Members don't see this ad :)
What?

How did you know before hand.

They will think "wow this guy really improved alot! He must have had a very bad first test, or worked hard to get his score up"

Congradulations

There is a slew of threads about the error passage. The AAMC did all they could to rectify the situation. One "guy" who knew about it before the test doesn't matter to anyone, sure as hell not adcomms. Good for him.

The first practice test I ever took was a 7 the second one was a 6. Within the space of 2 months I improved my score to a 12 on the actual test. I am not surprised.

The first practice test I ever took was a 7 the second one was a 6. Within the space of 2 months I improved my score to a 12 on the actual test. I am not surprised.

ditto