Ok Time To Post Up Where You Got In And With What Scores!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rusky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tell us where you got in and what DAT and GPA did you have. Give some of us hope for next cycle.

Edit: I know there are threads already about people who got in but I hope to make this a universal one with people stats if they don't mind.

Members don't see this ad.

Tell us where you got in and what DAT and GPA did you have. Give some of us hope for next cycle.

Edit: I know there are threads already about people who got in but I hope to make this a universal one with people stats if they don't mind.

http://www.predents.com

About as universal and comprehensive as it gets.

Members don't see this ad :)
people from on here are there too, chief

people from on here are there too, chief

an SDNer founded predents.com. if you look you will see that many ppl use their SDN name on predents.

Here are my stats!

accepted to:
harvard
UCLA
UCSF
MBY

attending:
MBY school of dentistry

gpa: 2.27
Science gpa: 2.21
DAT 16
PAT 15
Total Sciences 17

ADSAS e-submit July 10th
TMDSAS e-submit July 10th

Accepted December 1st:
UTHSCSA
Baylor College of Dentistry
UTHSC - Houston Dental Branch
Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine

Declined interview to West Virginia (post-acceptance)

Stats:
18AA/18TS/15PAT
17 -- BIO
19 -- GC
19 -- OC
20 -- RC
14 -- QR

3.82 cumulative/3.91 science
(GPA was slightly lower when I e-submitted)

Come on guys, it won't hurt...predents is good I know, but you do have to search per school, and click on each person and so on...if you can, just post, it is easier to read...i personally like predents as well cause I search by the schools I want to apply to, but it is easier here...thank you!

Attending Pittsburgh

DAT 21/19/20

3.58 sci
3.74 overall

Members don't see this ad :)
dat 22
gpa: 3.77

UCLA

gpa 3.8
sgpa 3.7

DAT 25/26/20

UNC

Seriously, more like want to lend me your brain...can I ask how you prepared for the DAT, i know it's off topic...but scores like that cannot go unnoticed

I took the Kaplan course, and then crammed for the science part for about a week. I know the course is pretty expensive but if you are will to study the info they give you you'll do fine on the DAT. Just watch out for those angle rankings...

Nice scores. Will you be my study partner? :)

So ocean blue,
Are you as excited as I am to start in the fall? I can't wait to move back to NC. Did you go to school there?

gpa: 3.6
sgpa: 3.65

accepted:
Harvard
Columbia
UConn
Tufts
Temple
NYU

withdrew before interview: UPenn, U of Pitt, New jersey, BU, Maryland

Attending: see avator

Sorry guys, I posted my stats as DMBAND by accident (thats my girlfriend and I'm using her computer, and i didn't know she was already logged in....yikes!)

Why does everyone on here have to be sarcastic jerk? (doubt anyone typing on this thread acutally got into harvard...) sorry but 3.6 or 2.9 isn't going to get you into anything much less harvard...

Here are my stats!

accepted to:
harvard
UCLA
UCSF
MBY

attending:
MBY school of dentistry

gpa: 2.27
Science gpa: 2.21
DAT 16
PAT 15
Total Sciences 17

I am sorry, but I am just really annoyed by all the sarcastic remarks on SDN. There are people on here asking very serious questions and if you don't want to answer thats fine, but posting something like 2.9 and got into Harvard or other sarcastic comments isn't really nice either...

That's not very nice...

But there are people in this thread that were accepted into harvard...and if I were that person I would be insulted, so you might want to be careful in how you say something, just a thought

sorry KINGCHRIS, but I wasn't refering to him...

Yea i actually did get into Harvard

Sounds like somebody's sarcasm detector fell off the wrong side of the bed this morning. I love the 3.13 GPA and 17 DAT clubbers that get into Harvard. What would this predental world be like without them?

Anybody that can't take that joke needs a diaper change.

DAT: AA 25, TS 26, PAT 22

Deposited @ Case, but waiting on NYU.

sleeping my ass off until august.

Why does everyone on here have to be sarcastic jerk? (doubt anyone typing on this thread acutally got into harvard...) sorry but 3.6 or 2.9 isn't going to get you into anything much less harvard...

Sorry I wasn't trying to be a sarcastic jerk..I was just joking around!!! and MBY stands for my back yard!! have a little sense of humour!!!! I know its a stressful time but, a little joke and relaxation will def help!!

good luck guys!!

Sorry I wasn't trying to be a sarcastic jerk..I was just joking around!!! and MBY stands for my back yard!! have a little sense of humour!!!! I know its a stressful time but, a little joke and relaxation will def help!!

good luck guys!!
I thought it was funny even though I mistook MBY for the Maybe School of Dentistry, not My Back Yard. :D

So ocean blue,
Are you as excited as I am to start in the fall? I can't wait to move back to NC. Did you go to school there?

I'm excited! ready to study and doing things that actually matter. Yah, I go to school here; i'm a relaxed senior. Move back to NC? where are you at right now?
~oh yeah, when are you going to move in? Our orientation won't start until like mid august, right? I haven't recieved anything from unc since I made that deposit...they did update aadsas for the deposit. I'll start looking for a single apartment soon.

I'm excited! ready to study and doing things that actually matter. Yah, I go to school here; i'm a relaxed senior. Move back to NC? where are you at right now?
~oh yeah, when are you going to move in? Our orientation won't start until like mid august, right? I haven't recieved anything from unc since I made that deposit...they did update aadsas for the deposit. I'll start looking for a single apartment soon.

I go to school out in Utah, and graduate in april. I grew up in NC and can't wait to move back. will be traveling some this summer, stay with the folks for a while and then move to chapel hill in july or august.

I'm sorry you can't take a joke, if you look the post, you can see that I'm attending USC and this was obvioiusly a joke!!!!

GPA 3.1-3.2
DAT AA18

Interviewed: in alpha order
Arizona, Boston, Columbia, Michigan, Penn, Temple, Tufts, USC (I might be missing one)

Rejected:
UNLV, Maryland, Jersey, Nova, and can't remember where else, UOP, UCSF

Accepted:
All
Attending:
TBA
:p
My advice is be well-rounded in all areas!

3.0 overall 3.5 science 4.0 post-bac
24/24/22 (100th percentile bio)
Attending NYU

Advice though. Don't get caught up on stats. It helps very little. Feel free to PM me.

3.0 overall 3.5 science 4.0 post-bac
24/24/22 (100th percentile bio)
Attending NYU

Advice though. Don't get caught up on stats. It helps very little. Feel free to PM me.

this is from someone who got 24/24/22 on DAT. Your GPA is pretty good in science as well. I can safely say that your GPA/DAT will either help you or hurt you get in Dental School regardless how well rounded you are.

I thought it was funny even though I mistook MBY for the Maybe School of Dentistry, not My Back Yard. :D

heck i was like why is he going to MBY instead of harvard! lol

3.72 gpa
4.0 post bac
19/20/21 (99th percentile bio/pat)

accepted: IU, VCU

well, good luck. it was a tough decision.

Can everyone maybe post a bit about their dental experience and extra curriculars too? That's what im wondering about.

ADSAS e-submit July 10th
TMDSAS e-submit July 10th

Accepted December 1st:
UTHSCSA
Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine

Declined interview to West Virginia (post-acceptance)

Stats:
18AA/18TS/15PAT
17 -- BIO
19 -- GC
19 -- OC
20 -- RC
14 -- QR

3.82 cumulative/3.91 science
(GPA was slightly lower when I e-submitted)

:thumbup: nice stats... do you mind if I ask you some questions? :D are you a TX resident? which undergrad school did you go to? and... how much shadowing/extracurricular did you have?? :hardy: ...

TMDSAS e-submit September 6th

Applied:
UTHSCSA

Accepted December 1st:
UTHSCSA

Wait-listed (until May then dropped):

Attending:
UTHSCSA

I'm a Texas resident and did not apply out of state.

DAT Stats:
(because their are 2 different versions of the DAT each year, I put my percentile in parens)
19AA(82.3) / 21TS (94.9) / 20PAT (96.7)
19(82.4) -- BIO
23(95.9) -- GC
24(95.5) -- OC
17(30.9) -- RC
14(29.0) -- QR (It's been over 13 years since high school math - plus I left about 20 blank - it's still pretty embarrassing - oh well.)

I guess I can't read well and, apparently, I cannot do high school math, but I'm going to dental school :D

3.48 cumulative/3.85 science

I shadowed in a public clinic and a private practice.