How long does it take u to review a block of 50?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winsicle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
it seems to take me way to long ~3 hours... should I just breeze through the answers w/o taking the time to associate them with my review books?

Members don't see this ad.

In my controversial opinion it is more valuable to do more questions than to go over the answers to every one. I still advocate figuring out why you made the mistakes that you made.

I just did 26 questions on UW, on tutor mode and I spent 1:30 but guess what I have learn so much:D

it seems to take me way to long ~3 hours... should I just breeze through the answers w/o taking the time to associate them with my review books?
I thought I was alone. It took me 4 hours to go thru 50qns but then I looked up everything - all choices, similar possible questions, everything in FA/Gol/Kap. Eg If the qn on the lines of astrocyte - Blood brain barrier - tight junction, then I ended up reviewing all tight junctions - all barriers (blood testis, alveoar, placenta) etc. I hope this works out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your all not alone, that's how it goes. Especially if its unfamiliar material, your brain has to digest it. Plus, you may just forget it tomorrow, or if your like me you'll forget it 5 minutes after you read it!!

You don't want to make the same mistake twice... or 3 times.. or 4 times.. until on test day you get to that question and you made the same mistake!!! Then again on Step 2!!!! then again through step 3 review.. THEN AGAIN ON STEP 3!!!!! :mad:

I go through questions (and review them) fairly quickly- usually a block of 50 I'll do questions and explanations in about an hour. What I do is mark the questions as I do them- if I know the right answer without any doubt, I'll put a little check mark, if I think I know but I'm not sure it gets a ?, if I have some vague sense I heard it once but can't remember it gets "??", and things I've never heard of get a circle. Then when I'm reviewing, for the check marks, I just skim the explanation quickly to make sure I'm thinking along the right lines. The others I spend more time with- I read through the explanation for the "?"s, read and underline or write notes for the "??"s, and the same for the circles, as well as going back to re-read the question to make sure I get it. I also keep a pad of paper next to me while I'm reviewing where I write things down that I want to look up- anything from "what class of drug is cefepime?" to "glucose metabolism"- and wait until I'm completely done with reviewing that block before I go to other sources to look things up.

Disclaimer: This works great for paper-and-pencil questions, not sure how many ways there are to mark things in qbank, so when I start that I may modify.

That's how long it takes me I think, I do about 100 questions a day and then I read through stuff that I may have forgotten. If I get a question right but wasn't sure about the other answers I read up on them. If I get a question wrong I really read everything.

it takes me like an hour to go over ten questions sometimes even longer :( i think its because im early in my studying and dont remember ANYTHING im startin t stress that i wont finish :( but i fele like i learn so much from it (usmleworld)

any tips on going faster?