Applying to DO schools this summer, my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dr.Inviz...I have a new found respect for you.

I still dont "like" you, but you definately get a thumbs up for that one!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Someone had to correct the blind lad.

big_e.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow i cant find a more childish group than you bunch of losers. do you know how hard i'm trying not to laugh at you delusional individuals ,who are such zealous osteopathic fans that intentionally ignore the dire facts about the pitiful aspect of DO medicine.
i see how you pathetic nutjobs are being hurt because the the painful truth is being told and all you can do is try hard to digress the topic to poke fun at something else in order to cover up your insecurities. better luck at the mcat next time!

wow i cant find a more childish group than you bunch of losers. do you know how hard i'm not trying not to laugh at you delusional individuals who are zealous osteopathic fans who intentionally ignore the dire facts about the pitiful aspect of DO medicine.
i see how you pathetic nutjobs are being hurt because the the painful truth is being told and all you can do is try hard to digress the topic to poke fun at something else in order to cover up your insecurities. better luck at the mcat next time!

More than 60% of all DOs go into Allopathic residencies. This is because they take the USMLE (the Allo boards, just in case you didn't know) and kick butt, scoring higher than the average MD scores. They also take the comlex that a MD couldn't pass if they wanted to.
Yes, DO schools may take lower stats than many MD schools, but that is because they are more open to non-trads who are working and raising families and going to school. Besides, there are Allopathic schools with the same stats...look at McHarry and Moorehouse.

wow i cant find a more childish group than you bunch of losers. do you know how hard i'm trying not to laugh at you delusional individuals ,who are such zealous osteopathic fans that intentionally ignore the dire facts about the pitiful aspect of DO medicine.

Atleast a DO or an MD won't have to worry about being confused with a pathology report of a person who died from an OD ...

better luck at the mcat next time!

I took it 6 years ago. Never taking it again.

Next thing are my medical boards. You know...the test DOCTORS take.

:laugh:

Atleast a DO or an MD won't have to worry about being confused with a pathology report of a person who died from an OD ...

this just continues to show your fellow DO cronies what an ignorant fool you are to still poke fun at others without acknowledging your own inadequacies. if you are going to make fun of ODs why not post those funny pictures at the OD forum too? it's funny that we also laugh at those drawings and we are not ashame of it.

like i said, you cant find a group of wannabe-MDs who feel more insecure and vulnerable than those who posted here today.

this just continues to show your fellow DO cronies what an ignorant fool you are to still poke fun at others without acknowledging your own inadequacies. if you are going to make fun of ODs why not post those funny pictures at the OD forum too? it's funny that we also laugh at those drawings and we are not ashame of it.

like i said, you cant find a group of wannabe-MDs who feel more insecure and vulnerable than those who posted here today.

You forgot where you strayed to, we are wannabe-DOs.

sadly, imy colleague who is a MD ophthalmologist who tells me that he gets endless number of patients who come in for fix-ups because patients' DO PCP screws up all the time. I think you guys should be more concerned about malpractice lawsuits rather than pathology reports.

...and since when can testing patients' vision can cause their death? ohh you give ODs too much credit. i expect nothing less from you DOs.

Why do you need to come here and criticize people? I bet you're a very hard working, intelligent individual who is making yourself look foolish by intentionally trying to get underneath people's skin. DO medical students have worked extremely hard to get to where they are, and if you think less of them, then why not just keep it to yourself. I hope you do well in your future endeavors and can learn not to judge people by your preconceived labels.

...and since when can testing patients' vision can cause their death?

When its you running the controls.

"Better one, better two...better one, better two..."

"AAHHHH!!! MY EYE!!!"

When its you running the controls.

"Better one, better two...better one, better two..."

"AAHHHH!!! MY EYE!!!"

Buckeye, i understand your concern but it's people like mr. JPHazelton here who is apparently not working very hard at what he does. I fear for the patients, honestly.

"okay you got back problems? let's crack open your skull and find that bad nerve! I know it's there! After all this is osteopathic medicine! Holistic, ready or not here i come."

Buckeye, i understand your concern but it's people like mr. JPHazelton here who is apparently not working very hard at what he does. I fear for the patients, honestly.

"okay you got back problems? let's crack open your skull and find that bad nerve! I know it's there! After all this is osteopathic medicine! Holistic, ready or not here i come."

you are so stupid it's amazing.

you are so stupid it's amazing.

wow i made fun of JPHazelton and it's a crime, but he made fun of the entire optometric profession and it's all fine and dandy? :rolleyes:

Do you even know who Jp is in real life that you can make that assumption about how he treats his patients? And why do you feel it necessary to come on a forum that you have on interest in just to have a penis measuring competition? Man, you are pathetic.

So I am currently a senior about to graduate with a 23 MCAT and around a 3.6 gpa in biochemistry. I have a good set of ECs and most of my letters are finished. I plan to apply as early as possible to schools like LECOM, Pikesville, Lincoln, Edward, and Philladelphia. My first picks would be Pikesville and LECOM. Am I competitive for these schools?

Thanks.

I hate these threads but reading what Ipwannabe wrote got me to read the rest. Don't take what I write here as proof that anything can happen but I got a 22 on my MCAT and ended up with six interviews offered, five attended and four acceptances. I didn't have a legacy (I am the only person in my family to even go to college, the rest live pay check to pay check) but I did have a very high GPA and many ECs that helped me. I will also say this, my MCAT came up at EVERY interview I had. Do I think you will be fine with the scores you have? I don't know, every situation is different. The choice is yours to make. If you don't want to take the MCAT again, then don't. If you think you have to, then do it. Don't take what you read on SDN as the end all be all. And don't take what you read by people like Ip seriously either. The pre-med. attitude over MD vs DO is just about as pathetic as he/she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.