Chem I & Chem II in the same semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to take Chem I and Chem II in the same semester? Or do you need to know all of Chem I material before Chem II?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to take Chem I and Chem II in the same semester? Or do you need to know all of Chem I material before Chem II?

You NEED chem 1 before taking chem 2

Members don't see this ad :)

The possibility depends on your school, on whether Chem I is a prerequisite for Chem II. In all probability, what has been stated in posts above will be the case, that Chem I must be taken before Chem II. Check with your school, but I think you are going to be best served by taking them sequentially, as they were intended.

Yes, I assume you're going to UNT, and Chem I is a pre requisite to chem II. Alot of what you learn in chem II will build off of what you learned in chem I.

Unless your school does shortened terms (1/2 a semester is a crunched Chem I, second half is chem II) then you'll have to take it over two terms.

my community college has chem I from june 11th to july 14th then chem II from july 16th to august 14th. So yes its possible.

I'm not aware of any school in the Dallas/Denton area that doesn't have Chem I as a prereq for II. I think UNT and CCCC both offer them over the summer in the shortened summer sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.