what pharm flash cards are people using?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghandoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i hope i'm not bringing up a topic that has already been beaten to death...
but what are people using to study pharm?

i have 3 weeks more and i'm about to begin pharm. pharm was not taught really well at my school and i suck at memorizing, so i'd preferably like flash cards that i could use to complement first aid.

someone gave me 'pharmcards for medical students' for free but i must say i'm overwhelmed looking at the info on the cards.

are there any other cards people have found to the point(just important info) and links well to the drugs in first aid?

any suggestions will be much appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

I used and liked the Lange Pharmcards. They are pretty thorough and to the point hitting most of the high yield stuff.

I bought Pharmcards, Lange, and BRS. I didn't like Pharmcards because it was too much info. Lange had a clinical scenario for each drug and the cards weren't as intimidating. BRS had high yield facts.

I used BRS pharm flash cards to complement FA, and that was MORE than adequate. To be honest Pharm was the easiest part of the test, so learn it but don't spend too great a time working out all the details. I spent a lot of time with the cardio drugs to get asked 0 questions about it. And like you, I was really weak in pharm before the test, but I think I missed only one pharm question on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just made flashcards out of the information in First Aid and it was plenty! I have the Lange flashcards but didn't end up using them ... they were too much. To echo what MikeyK said, the pharm was NOT bad --- and pharm was a weak point in my school's curriculum.

I also made the cards based off first aid, as I always seem to retain info better from cards I've made myself and everyting I've read on these forums seems to say that first aid is more then enough info for pharm drugs (maybe do a little extra kinetics/pharmacodynamic theory somewhere else). With that being said it took me 1-1.5 days just to make the cards and I don't take the test till July 23rd, so it'll probably depend on how much time you can spare.

I had some pharm on my test that I was only able to answer because I used the those wordy lippincott's cards. However, the questions were answerable by FA because you should have known that the other 4 options were definitely wrong. Whatever you do, don't use those dumb cards with the vignettes. They Don't have enough information on them. I would suggest using the lippincotts cards and just hightlight whats in FA and read that. That's what I did (ignore all the other stuff on the card or read them if you want a more indepth understanding - a lot of times I was able to understand and remember the drugs better once I had more information on them rather than a bullet point from FA).