How do you study??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madeyedhl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi~

I don't know whether there were any forums about this matter.

I'm new to this place, and simply love it.

Just a short note, I am a Korean MSI,
on my second semester.

However, I didnt do really well on my first semester.

How do you guys study?

Do you use flash cards? mnemonics? just jott it down regularly?

I dont think i have a good studying method TT

tell me how you guys study for these grand amount of info

Members don't see this ad.

Hi~

tell me how you guys study for these grand amount of info

I've found no secret method that makes my life wonderful. Unfortunately, the best method I've found is simply...grand amount of info = grand amount of study.

I find that I read really quickly but retain information slowly. So, for me, it's best to (as painful as it is) just repeat things ad nausum. On the third or fourth go-over I see all the connections. Sometime after that it's burned into my brain.

This makes anatomy take waaaaay too long.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything I would normally highlight, I now turn into a question in iFlash. It helps you quiz yourself so that you can see whether you really remember what you just read. If you dont have a Mac, you can use CueCard . Other than that, I use BRS for their practice questions, and the UMIch site for anatomy.

Everything I would normally highlight, I now turn into a question in iFlash. It helps you quiz yourself so that you can see whether you really remember what you just read. If you dont have a Mac, you can use CueCard . Other than that, I use BRS for their practice questions, and the UMIch site for anatomy.

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink...please.

This is what I did during my first 2 years:

1-Read lecture notes
2-If I didn't understand any part, I read the corresponding textbook portion.
3-Added my own notes on the margin of lecture notes in small print
4-I made sure that I understood every concept before I moved on to the next
5-After going through the lecture notes once, I wrote on a blank piece of paper everything I had understood from that lecture (without looking at the notes)
6-Then, I went back and reviewed the key concepts one more time
7-Didn't bother to memorize anything until at least a week or so before exams

I did fine on all exams

I highlight everything in all sorts of pretty colors. I even have my own system, green is for definitions, blue is for important info, yellow is for some general stuff, and pink si for pathways and examples. It means my notes are all pretty much highlighted, but it looks pretty, and for some reason, I only read something if it's highlighted. And as I'm highlighting, I'm reading, so it works for me. It's also helpful if i need to go back and find say a definition, all I have to do is look for green.

Writing out my notes never worked for me. I would never be able to read my handwriting, so I'll stick with highlughting.

thanks for all the info. i knew that most of the ppl will say nothing will be satisfactory enuf for my studying method, that i need to find that will suffice for my own.

but... after reading through sdn network, i found that there were methods that none of the koreans would use.

for instance, we never use flash cards, -_-

all we do is like... read lecture, find out confusing things in the text, write out the lecture, rewrite the lecture till u memorize them all;;;;

and look at some figures and memorize them as well.

gosh i hate this system. we dont do lots of clinical stuff so it is quite impossible for me to take the step 1 before i graduate.

i need to know those harrison stuff and radioology stuff before i actually take the exam. stinks