pharm flash cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ally1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

what do you guys think is a good resource for pharm. I know FA has everything, but I am having trouble recalling info and making sense of side effects, etc.
I did kaplan pharm, and like that the teacher makes sense of all, but still having trouble with quick recall.

I kind of like the style of microcards, but am open to other suggestions. Do you know of any high yield flash cards available for pharm.

I saw the brs ones somewhere but are thsoe enough? they seem like they are missing alot of integration?

Members don't see this ad.

I like Lippincotts review of pharm...it has good figures which reinforce concepts. Id be careful with pharmcards only b/c ive heard that some tend to have too much information. goodluck

Hi,

what do you guys think is a good resource for pharm. I know FA has everything, but I am having trouble recalling info and making sense of side effects, etc.
I did kaplan pharm, and like that the teacher makes sense of all, but still having trouble with quick recall.

I kind of like the style of microcards, but am open to other suggestions. Do you know of any high yield flash cards available for pharm.

I saw the brs ones somewhere but are thsoe enough? they seem like they are missing alot of integration?

I use BRS for class but they're very short on information. If you can see a sample somewhere you will get an idea. I like them though and I also have their Path and Micro cards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharm Cards from the BRS series...simply worth their weight in gold and my friend that switched to them said his usmleworld and kaplan qbank pharm percentages jumped 20 points after going through them twice in 2 weeks.

Pharm Recall + an index card to cover one side of the page makes a pretty good set of flash cards, IMO.

My last test had a ton of Pharm questions that weren't in baby Katzung and I was able to nail them thanks to this book.

what do you mean you last test? what test?

I made my own flash cards with the info from First Aid and UW, which was enough for a high performance in Pharmacology.
(btw there were maybe 2 drugs on my exam that weren´t listed in FA)

I've had a lot of trouble remembering pharm, and panicked with Step coming up and found two resources that would have been great to have all year! I'm just glad I found them before STEP because I was going to be completely screwed otherwise!!! Between these two resources I'm actually liking studying pharm for once...

Pharm recall (mentioned above)

Pharm mneumonics flash cards (very interesting lay out, if you like micro made ridiculously easy, you'll like these! time intensive, but if that's the way you learn, I think it's worth it!)

Between these two resources I'm actually liking studying pharm for once...

Pharm recall (mentioned above)

Pharm mneumonics flash cards (very interesting lay out, if you like micro made ridiculously easy, you'll like these! time intensive, but if that's the way you learn, I think it's worth it!)

Pharm recall - Have not thought about using, but I might take a look into it.

Pharm mneumonics flash cards - I have these and found them to be like the MMRS book. Just some ridiculuos stuff used to try to remember facts. If ridiculuos pictures help you memorize drugs, then this might be for you. But I found it to be more confusing at times and too detailed for board study.