Physics Berkely

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olygt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished the the first physics book from berkeley review and got 8's on all the sections tests. I think I read on another post that they are actually harder than the aamc tests. I am very happy with my results so far considering I was getting 4-5's on examkracker tests. Since I can't find that post can anybody tell me their experiences with the br and the actual aamc physics portion.

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished the the first physics book from berkeley review and got 8's on all the sections tests. I think I read on another post that they are actually harder than the aamc tests. I am very happy with my results so far considering I was getting 4-5's on examkracker tests. Since I can't find that post can anybody tell me their experiences with the br and the actual aamc physics portion.

I have not gotten to BR physics yet, but I think you can say that a 8 on BR is like a 9-10 on AAMC.

I think there is a 1-2 point bump up. :D

I have not gotten to BR physics yet, but I think you can say that a 8 on BR is like a 9-10 on AAMC.

I think there is a 1-2 point bump up. :D

how is BR going for you, J DUB? I know you just got it recently, but are you just using it for the passages, or are you using any of the reviews? Also, when's your exam?

how is BR going for you, J DUB? I know you just got it recently, but are you just using it for the passages, or are you using any of the reviews? Also, when's your exam?

I am using BR for everything I can. I read the chapter and then do the passages (or at least as many as I can). Sometimes I will just go over the answers to get through them all with the passages. Do about 70 out of 100 questions.

I am taking it in August so I am not going to hit the PS until June. I am a second year pharm student and I have a rotation to do as well in May so I have to wait until June to hit it hardcore. I plan on getting the BS (ha, ha) out of the way first. I am doing Ochem now.

I think BR is great if you have a good knowledge base and really want to tie it together. I know if I did not have a good understanding of things I would be lost at some points. It is the hardest and most detailed review I have seen.

So far, I have been at 80% or so for the Org. I like the books...:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I am using BR for everything I can. I read the chapter and then do the passages (or at least as many as I can). Sometimes I will just go over the answers to get through them all with the passages. Do about 70 out of 100 questions.

I am taking it in August so I am not going to hit the PS until June. I am a second year pharm student and I have a rotation to do as well in May so I have to wait until June to hit it hardcore. I plan on getting the BS (ha, ha) out of the way first. I am doing Ochem now.

I think BR is great if you have a good knowledge base and really want to tie it together. I know if I did not have a good understanding of things I would be lost at some points. It is the hardest and most detailed review I have seen.

So far, I have been at 80% or so for the Org. I like the books...:D

wow that's an interesting story... I guess you're planning a career change? Are you going to finish your pharm degree and then apply to med school?

I am planning on using BR too actually. Although I have a horrible foundation in physics, so I'll probably start with NOVA and then later move on to BR.

wow that's an interesting story... I guess you're planning a career change? Are you going to finish your pharm degree and then apply to med school?

I am planning on using BR too actually. Although I have a horrible foundation in physics, so I'll probably start with NOVA and then later move on to BR.

I actually got a MBA first, worked some and always regretted not going into healthcare as I originally wanted to. I was just too young and dumb and wanted to have fun. Plus, I was a late bloomer!!

Had a hard time deciding between med, pharm and dent? Chose dent but could not pass the PAT part. Glad I did not because I would have been miserable. I picked it because it is sort of between the two.

I got accepted to pharm school first and figured I would just do both. I always wanted two doctorates and I like the diagnosis with the MD and be the drug expert with the PharmD. I know from working at the hospital how that extra knowledge can be helpful. After a couple of years working at the hospital, I am certain about being a MD now and will do whatever it takes unless it is so financially absurd I can not afford the risk. After all, I am a businessman too. And yes, I know the business side of my decision of student loans, loss income, etc. I have that accessed and calculated for my risk versus reward determination.

Maybe one day I will be the CEO of a hospital, lol!!

BTW, Physics is my worst too!! I thought NOVA was okay. I actually liked Princeton review better. Just find what works for you and use it!

With that kind of background J DUB, you will have no problems attaining your goal.
GL