[Sweet Sixteen] Most deserving student to be admitted... LADIES BRACKET

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With Quix's blessing, I am starting a Ladies Bracket for the Sweet 16...

original thread

So, as a break from the tedium of the application process, and in an effort to match the current fervor of college basketball, I thought it would be fun to have a quick tournament featuring prospective medical students, and who would be the most deserving of admission into medical school.

To that end, I will pick two candidates, square them off "Sweet Sixteen" style, and let you make their case for admission, listing strengths and weaknesses. Highest number of votes moves on to the next round. I'll give voting one day per match-up.

Eastern Bracket
First Match

sim_19.11.04_cast1.gif

MCAT 38 (12/13/13), QPA 3.8

versus

1105231940lotr47.jpg

MCAT 34 (12/11/11), QPA 3.6

Members don't see this ad.

haha, i vote for Lisa as well! She's smarter than everyone in her family combined :D

Members don't see this ad :)
The elf definitely wins! She's a very well-rounded applicant with life experiences to discuss.

Being smarter than the Simpson family combined still isn't saying a great deal...

LISA!!! Elves tend to flake out and might have a hard time bonding with human patients. Lisa has a strong work ethic, great ECs, and strong morals.

The elf because she is related to the frontman of aerosmith = huge donations for new medical buildings.

Actually we can put her on our unranked waitlist, that way there won't be any controversy why we picked her over Lisa...

just kidding

Now I'm going to have to listen to the LotR soundtracks...

/ :hijacked:

lisa only got a 38? i thought she would have at least gotten a 44... ;)

lisa!

Only fat nerds speak Sindarin.

So I'm going with Lisa.

the Elf chick...

because it's a well known fact that Lisa smells like gasoline and her teeth are yellow and green... and I wouldn't want my doctor to be like that.

Def. Liv the elf. With her dads connections, she is a shoe in at any ivy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow - what a great match-up Depakote. I would have thought that there could be no contest with Lisa Simpson, but she looks like a total gunner compared to Arwen.

Hmmmm, Arwen has more life-experience AND magical powers
Lisa has the brains and the dedication, and won't be distracted by a sexy unshaven ranger (Mmmmmmmm Aragorn.....)

So...hard...to...choose...

I'm going to go with Lisa because she applied as a disadvantaged applicant. Coming out on top after living with the rest of the Simpson family is nothing short of a miracle.

ha this is great :thumbup:

Lisa ftw

I'm going to go with Lisa because she applied as a disadvantaged applicant. Coming out on top after living with the rest of the Simpson family is nothing short of a miracle.

I'm voting for Lisa as well. However, she didn't need to apply disadvantaged. I mean a 38 MCAT and a 3.8? Yea, that speaks for itself, though I would agree that making it out of the Simpson family was quite a feat.

I see her going into emergency medicine. She'll probably be well equipped to deal with the weirdos that come into the ED.

Arwen, hands down. Lisa spends too much time with the geeky science types and is a bit of an introvert. Arwen, on the other hand, is rather well-liked all around.

Arwen. Elves are immortal, so thats a way better investment. Not to mention her healing powers come with that whole flooding/ talking water thing, which makes for one heck of a conversation piece in the lounge.

ARWEN!

she could give me a physical any time

lisa is more phd type. she isnt doctor material.

All admissions decision in this thread should be based on who you'd prefer to nail.

Just like in the real thing . . .
Brock.

The assistance with heavy lifting would be great in the OR.

Plus the bear looks like a crier. Nobody likes a crier.

That comment about the bear being a crier takes on an especially disturbing meaning.

All admissions decision in this thread should be based on who you'd prefer to nail.

Just like in the real thing . . .

Yeah, so if you vote for Lisa, you're a big creepy pedo. Remember that!

LISA!!

Arwen can live until she's like 1,000 years old. Taking a year or two off to strengthen her app is like the blink of an eye for her! She can try again next cycle. :rolleyes:

as a prospective fellow classmate...the elf. id get her drunk and hit on her without having the moral dilemma of age.

No idea who that second choice is, but she seems kinda cute... I'll pick her

Definitely Hermione.

She's like House. Irritating as all heck, yet absolutely effing brilliant and definitely the person you want around when the **** hits the fan.

Joan is great and all, but she'll likely sacrifice herself for a patient and then where will you be?

Hermione is too young, I vote for the Joan of Arc girl

Pffft. Hermione in a landslide. If she can put up with that douche redhead kid (Ron?), the toughest patients will be a cinch. Oh...and that whole magic thing doesn't hurt, either. Brain tumor the size of a watermelon? Not anymore!

How did Hermione not get a 45 and 4.0???? She has magic powers, she should be able to atleast score over 40.

Too bad I missed the first match. Joan of Arc was a bad movie and so not A Harry Potter fan.

But I guess Doogie Houser's female counterpart Hermione

Her-mee-one??

No, i'ts Her-my-oh-nee

FTW

Hermionie ftw

Hermione. I don't know who can knock her out of this competition.

Hands down...Lisa!

Ack! Such an unbalanced competition, this one. Hermione, of course.

mbk, you snooze; you lose. Lisa is already out of the running. She lost in her first round.

EDIT: I didn't realise that Lisa was out. Ahhh.... I'll vote for Hermione in this case.

haha, i vote for Lisa as well! She's smarter than everyone in her family combined :D
That's not saying much. :laugh: :p