SAT score vs DAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1999TL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just did a search for SAT scores. Nothing came up. I was trying to see if there is a correlation of some sort with DAT and SAT scores. I want to just see if I fall into a certain range. I am just starting to study for the DAT, but I also have to balance finals.

I have a very subpar GPA, as witnessed in my other post. My brothers scored a 32 on their MCATs and they were also in the 1300-1400 range like myself. However, their college years were polar opposites of mine. I didn't have my priorities straight....to say the least.

I'm getting off subject. I would just like to see if there is any correlation b/w the SAT and DAT. Or better yet, would any of you guys be willing to post your SAT and DAT scores? Of course, there is the possibility some people did well on one and not the other.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess there might be a correlation between the Verbal part of the SAT and the RC of the DAT. Same with the math section there might be a correlation there...other then that I doubt it...
My RC-17 SAT Verbal-500:thumbdown:
My QR-22 SAT Math-750:thumbup:
SO its somewhat correlated I guess...

That seems like a good correlation. Hmm...I need a 23. LOL.

SAT verbal - 540
DAT RC - 20
SAT math - 540
DAT QR - 14 (yikes!)

That's interesting. What about the ACT?

SAT/ACT - 1390/35 (Didn't study for either)

DAT - 25AA (Studied a lot)

Based on your crazy RC score on the DAT, I wouldn't be surprised that you scored 1390. I guess verbal SAT score might somewhat reflect the RC DAT score. But can't really compare the two. They are two very different tests.

Standardized Testing is going to favor those who are better suited to their format in general. That being said, you may prepare for the DAT and didn't study for the ACT/SAT which can make a difference. Also, you'll likely be more focused with the DAT.

i think ill mess up the correlation a bit

SAT verbal 570/ DAT RC 22
SAT math 760/ DAT QR 15 lol

i dont really remember my sat scores but i know they were low.

i know my total was 1200.

it was like 700 math and 500 verbal

but on the dat i got 16 qr and 18 rc..........

lol?

Members don't see this ad :)
1995 SAT: Math-660, Verbal-620
2007 DAT: QR-19, RC-19

Don't know what this SAT score means now, but the average score then was 500/500. Max was 800/800 maybe? Is it the same now?

1995 SAT: Math-660, Verbal-620
2007 DAT: QR-19, RC-19

Don't know what this SAT score means now, but the average score then was 500/500. Max was 800/800 maybe? Is it the same now?

Plus another 800 for a writing section.

1994 SAT: 800 Math, 780 Verbal (incidentally, the last paper version of the test). I put 1997 earlier because I misremembered and thought it was my GRE.

2007 DAT: RC: 24, QR: 25

There's probably not a very strong correlation between the two tests, though. Verbal on the SAT includes all kinds of other stuff like sentence completions and analogies. Probably only the math is more similar.

1997 SAT: 800 Math, 780 Verbal

2007 DAT: RC: 24, QR: 25

There's probably not a very strong correlation between the two tests, though. Verbal on the SAT includes all kinds of other stuff like sentence completions and analogies. Probably only the math is more similar.

Impressive.

SAT Verbal = 640
DAT RC= 22

SAT Math = 780
DAT QR = 25

SAT = Not even a practice test before.
DAT = Solid month of studying.

SAT math: 740
DAT QR: 21

SAT verbal: 610
DAT RC: 24

I also ruin the trend...

660 verbal / 19 RC on DAT
670 math / 16 QR

math was not really harder but weren't we allowed to use a calculator on the SAT? I can't remember!

def calculator on SAT.

My SAT verbal score was crap - I took it after a year in the States and it really shows.

Anyways, I got 1200 - 450 on verbal and 750 on math.

I have a 24 AA on DAT though, which I studied a lot. So I guess lower SAT doesn't always mean you will do bad on DAT.

760 verbal-22 RC
700 math-18 QR.

i suck at trig, had to teach myself b/c i took an online course in high school. i think there's some correlation. i know that the studying i did for the SAT verbal helped me a lot. i didn't study for RC much at all. reading a LOT when i was younger helped a lot, esp with speed.

i think ill mess up the correlation a bit

SAT verbal 570/ DAT RC 22
SAT math 760/ DAT QR 15 lol

i mess up the correlation too, stats similar to gatordds. SAT about the same, and DAT (when i took a few years ago) RC 21 and QR 18.

740 Verbal ::22 Reading Comp
720 Math ::22 Quant Reasoning

So according to the supposed correlation between SAT and DAT scores, my SAT score seems to suggest that I should probably get 22+ on my DAT RC and QR. Supposedly. We'll see if this prevails in July.

710 Verbal - 23 Reading Comp
790 Math - 21 QR

:( Peaked too early I suppose, lol.

SAT 990 (close to 500 on math and reading)
DAT 20AA/21TS/18PAT (20RC and 18QR)

My SAT verbal score was crap - I took it after a year in the States and it really shows.

Anyways, I got 1200 - 450 on verbal and 750 on math.

I have a 24 AA on DAT though, which I studied a lot. So I guess lower SAT doesn't always mean you will do bad on DAT.

Are you kidding me? That score doesn't suck! I took mine after 3 years in the states and mine WAS horrible. I didn't study for it though.

I don't think there is correlation for everyone. It all depends on how motivated you are. In HS I didn't care about my education at all. Now I do.

Math - 670
Verbal - 570

QR: 15
RC: 20

Doesn't show much of a trend. But I think one thing you can take from all these numbers is that those with super high SAT scores did well on the DAT. But if you haven't learned much in undergrad, and you dont prepare properly for the DAT, you wont do well regardless of your SAT/IQ scores....

I mess it Up too!

SAT Math 670/ DAT QR 16

SAT Verbal 460/ DAT RC 20

I guess you could say, thats a negative correlation in my case :p

I have high SAT math score low Verbal score. On DATs its the opposite. My lowest score is 16 which is on QR and 19 on RC. But then again, I never studied for the math portion on DAT. It has lot of pre-cal which I had forgotten.
AA 21 TS 23

SAT
Math - 790
Verbal - 660

DAT
QR - 23
RC - 21