Academic minor on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlee1986

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an academic major of biopsychology and an academic minor in chemistry. I have two questions:

1. What would my biopsychology major be classified as? I'm thinking psychology since it's offered by the psychology department at my school, but maybe not?
2. Would my chemistry minor be classified as "2nd major for 1st degree" or "major for 2nd degree from same institution"? I'm guessing 2nd major for 1st degree just cause I'm not getting a B.S. for chemistry...does a minor even classify for any of the above?

Thank you so much guys, good luck on the application!!

Members don't see this ad.

I, too, questioned about where to put a minor. I came to the conclusion that there was no where to put it on AADSAS, and schools don't really care. So I didn't include it, and I dropped my minor even though I only 2 more classes to get it.

I was wondering the same thing...I think it says chem minor on the official transcript so maybe thats how schools see it? I still don't know but I didn't put anything for second major.

Members don't see this ad :)
A minor is neither a second major nor a second degree. It'll show up on your transcripts for schools, but for the most part they don't care. If you minor is really important to you and you want dent schools to know about it, write it in your PS.

i'm wondering that same thing myself.

I have a business administration minor and I'm not sure where to put it.

ok, makes sense. also, what should i put my biopsychology major as? psychology? biology?