Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys... congrats to everyone who's got accepted or even interviewed thus far....i was wondering...
i submitted my pharmCAS on Nov. 1st and it was verified on the 24th. I mailed my supplem. before then. Anyone submit their application around the same time and got any news from the school yet?? I just got my confirmation email but thats it... im hoping its just too soon to hear back from them... but im just anxious to hear back with good new, I hope :xf:.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys... congrats to everyone who's got accepted or even interviewed thus far....i was wondering...
i submitted my pharmCAS on Nov. 1st and it was verified on the 24th. I mailed my supplem. before then. Anyone submit their application around the same time and got any news from the school yet?? I just got my confirmation email but thats it... im hoping its just too soon to hear back from them... but im just anxious to hear back with good new, I hope :xf:.

am in the same boat man...i submitted my applications around the same time as you did,,,nothing yet,,,when do u expect to hear from them...:scared:

I dont know :(

Probably not until after the New Year now huh??? Good Luck! I'll keep it posted if I hear anything back :p

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got the dreaded "better than a rejection" letter today. Like a few of you guys, I haven't interviewed either. And the only pre-req I'm missing is Calculus (in progress). Hopefully I get some good news later down the line.

Good Luck everyone.:)

Hi optimistic can you please share your stats if you don't mind. I would like to know where I stand. Thanks and good luck to you and everyone else.

Some random question I find everywhere else but here....

To those who go to MCPHS-Worcester:

Are there many singles in this school? What is the typical age of an accepted student? - these stats will tell me a lot about the personality of the school...

Also...is there a gym nearby campus? or on campus?

Some random question I find everywhere else but here....

To those who go to MCPHS-Worcester:

Are there many singles in this school? What is the typical age of an accepted student? - these stats will tell me a lot about the personality of the school...

Also...is there a gym nearby campus? or on campus?

The age group varies. I know one person who is 20 and one who is in his 40's. Overall my guess is that the group largely consists of people in their mid 20's to mid 30's. Many students are married/in serious relationships, but there are lots of people who are single. My best answer is that the class as a whole is about as diverse as it gets in every way possible, from age, culture, and education to relationship status. To give a generalization about the group as a whole would be tough. That, to me, is the personality of this school. You will learn so much about people just from all the differences in your peers. Some people have no degrees, most have BS, some have masters, and one I know has a PhD. You may be able to get actual stats from the admission office if they have time. There is a gym membership included in your tuition. The gym is inside the hospital about a block away (not that I've had time to even check it out, but I have seen a couple students go there).

The age group varies. I know one person who is 20 and one who is in his 40's. Overall my guess is that the group largely consists of people in their mid 20's to mid 30's. Many students are married/in serious relationships, but there are lots of people who are single. My best answer is that the class as a whole is about as diverse as it gets in every way possible, from age, culture, and education to relationship status. To give a generalization about the group as a whole would be tough. That, to me, is the personality of this school. You will learn so much about people just from all the differences in your peers. Some people have no degrees, most have BS, some have masters, and one I know has a PhD. You may be able to get actual stats from the admission office if they have time. There is a gym membership included in your tuition. The gym is inside the hospital about a block away (not that I've had time to even check it out, but I have seen a couple students go there).

That is so awesome! That's exactly what type of environment I'm looking for. Well, I'm praying that things go well after the break. I really hope to attend this pharmacy in the Fall of 2009. Good luck to you & thanks for the information.

Hey. I'm also in the same situation. I actually got an interview invite dated Dec 16, and I just scheduled it for Jan 12. good luck on getting a response!

Hey. I'm also in the same situation. I actually got an interview invite dated Dec 16, and I just scheduled it for Jan 12. good luck on getting a response!

Hello homeskillet , I also have an interview on the 22 january but was trying to reschedule for an early date you think they will let me do so.

Hello homeskillet , I also have an interview on the 22 January but was trying to reschedule for an early date you think they will let me do so.

Hey, of course i think you can reschedule. Even I had rescheduled my date from December 11 to December8th.
Good Luck!!!:thumbup:

any advise regarding MCPHS-Worcester Pharm.D interview process especially the essays?!

Thanks!:)

any advise regarding MCPHS-Worcester Pharm.D interview process especially the essays?!

Thanks!:)

Hey ask "AsAsASS" from above your post and see what she/he has to say about it. I knew what livid response i got the last time i tried it on this tread. Just relax n practice d damn interview feedback is all. Forget about d essay, not a big deal

So I'm totally new here, recently graduate with an Engineering degree, was hoping to see how I compare to accepted students in terms of GPA and everything since I am very interested in the Accelerated PharmD program. Your expert opinions are very appreciated:

B.S. Biomedical Engineering from WPI
Overall GPA: 3.60
Sci & Math: ~3.50 (A's Orgo & Biochem :) )
Extracurricular during college
Working at a medical device company
No previous Pharm Exp, although I have a family friend who is a pharmacists, which is why I am considering this program

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so, is it normal not to hear back immediately from the school when materials were received over 3 wks ago? I know they're coming off the holidays, but when can I expect to hear back about a possible interview? Every time I call, no one picks up...I even left a message a few days ago & no one has gotten back to me. I'm not paranoid or anything; I'm concerned about how this all works! Need your input & advice.

Okay so, is it normal not to hear back immediately from the school when materials were received over 3 wks ago? I know they're coming off the holidays, but when can I expect to hear back about a possible interview? Every time I call, no one picks up...I even left a message a few days ago & no one has gotten back to me. I'm not paranoid or anything; I'm concerned about how this all works! Need your input & advice.

Firstly, I submitted my supplemental materials at the end of September and did not receive an interview invitation until the middle of November, so it was around 6 weeks for me. Secondly, I had to reschedule my interview due to weather conditions in December, and January 12 was the first spot they offered me for interviews this month, so they may still be out of the office this week.

In any case, if they received your information 3 weeks ago you probably have some more waiting to do, even without considering the holiday situation, though it wouldn't surprise me if it took even longer because of the winter vacation period.

If you really want to know your status, I would stop calling them and wait a week or two to see if they respond to the messages you already left them. If you don't hear from them by phone or snail mail, call back in a couple weeks. They are definitely the slowest to notify of the rolling admissions schools I am applying to, so don't worry about it just yet.

Firstly, I submitted my supplemental materials at the end of September and did not receive an interview invitation until the middle of November, so it was around 6 weeks for me. Secondly, I had to reschedule my interview due to weather conditions in December, and January 12 was the first spot they offered me for interviews this month, so they may still be out of the office this week.

In any case, if they received your information 3 weeks ago you probably have some more waiting to do, even without considering the holiday situation, though it wouldn't surprise me if it took even longer because of the winter vacation period.

If you really want to know your status, I would stop calling them and wait a week or two to see if they respond to the messages you already left them. If you don't hear from them by phone or snail mail, call back in a couple weeks. They are definitely the slowest to notify of the rolling admissions schools I am applying to, so don't worry about it just yet.

Persistence is an addiction! haha But I guess I'm really curious to know what they have so far, since the deadline is very near.

Anyway, I called this morning to check and someone finally picked up (I've only called once every day in the past 4 days - edit). Everything was received and I was told a committee will convene next week to choose applicants to interview. We shall see what happens...Thanks for the heads up on what to expect!

Last edited:
Persistence is an addiction! haha But I guess I'm really curious to know what they have so far, since the deadline is very near.

Anyway, I called this morning to check and someone finally picked up (I've only called once in the past 4 days). Everything was received and I was told a committee will convene next week to choose applicants to interview. We shall see what happens...Thanks for the heads up on what to expect!

Oh wow, they're going to choose applicants for interviews next week. Thanks for the heads up. I just can't wait any longer!! :xf:

So I'm totally new here, recently graduate with an Engineering degree, was hoping to see how I compare to accepted students in terms of GPA and everything since I am very interested in the Accelerated PharmD program. Your expert opinions are very appreciated:

No previous Pharm Exp, although I have a family friend who is a pharmacists, which is why I am considering this program

Thank you so much!

You sound competitive.

Last edited:

Thank you so much!

You sound pretty competitive for this program. However, before applying, I suggest you get some experience in the pharmacy for your own good - to figure out if you enjoy pharmacy (people always change their mind...I know I did - many times!). Don't rely on anyone's opinion - get out there and find out for yourself.

Bottomline:

Your chances are great
but just figure out the rest - it will make you a better candidate & you'll have no problems answering questions in an interview about your career potential in pharmacy.

Good luck!

i just received a snail mail saying i am selected for on campus interview.... but i am sure so far around 30 students already accepted.... am kinda nervous.... good luck

to those wit interviews, did u also get an email or call besides the snail maill?

did u also get a phone call or email about the interview invite?

i got a letter about an interview but i am not at home to get it right now. my youngest brother tried reading it to me but didnt make since. jus anxious. does mcphs let you choice between interview dates or do they just give you 1 choice and thats it?

i got a letter about an interview but i am not at home to get it right now. my youngest brother tried reading it to me but didnt make since. jus anxious. does mcphs let you choice between interview dates or do they just give you 1 choice and thats it?
but did u also get an email or fone call?

but did u also get an email or fone call?

NO. There is no email or phone call. You get a snail mail letter and then you have to call them to set up your interview date and time.

so i called the admission office to find out the status of my admission and i was told it had been reviewed and a letter was sent out to me on the 8th, i freakin out rite now, could this be a good letter or bad one?????:scared:

so i called the admission office to find out the status of my admission and i was told it had been reviewed and a letter was sent out to me on the 8th, i freakin out rite now, could this be a good letter or bad one?????:scared:

yeah, almost all letters were sent out on the 8th. my letter was just a memo that they had received all application materials. good luck finding out!

so i got put on the waitlist plus i still need general chem 1 lab which was not offered in my school , wat do i do about dat now???

so i got put on the waitlist plus i still need general chem 1 lab which was not offered in my school , wat do i do about dat now???

Call & ask for Bryan Witham.

Isexie I received a letter to be on the waiting list as well last friday. I only have to take a second Behavioral class. I called and spoketo a lady and she mentioned that I have to keep on calling after the Feb 2nd to know the process of the waiting list.

Hope I help you a little. It is so not fun.

Isexie I received a letter to be on the waiting list as well last friday. I only have to take a second Behavioral class. I called and spoketo a lady and she mentioned that I have to keep on calling after the Feb 2nd to know the process of the waiting list.

Hope I help you a little. It is so not fun.
oh okay thx!! that makes me feel a lil better, i hope we have a chance tho, cuz this is my top choice!:D

well im trying to see if they will even consider my application seeing that I mailed out my supplemental on Monday along with submitted my pharmcas application. my application and GPA was verified within one day of submitting my application. im applying late due to financial reasons but hopefully they will consider my application.:(

Science GPA: 3.82
Non-Science: 3.91
Math: 4.0
Overal: 3.87:)

BS in bio..minor in chem May 2007
I have alot of community service and volunteer activities that I did my 4 years of college. and alot of health care related experience.so i hope they like me.

i've been reading these forums for a while now, but this is my first time posting. i was finally prompted to say RELAX!

first off, the deadline for MCPHS-Worcester is february 2. this means that of course they'll review your application if you sent it in this week. mine was finally submitted on january 5 (due to waiting an extra month for my letters of recommendation). yes, i'm anxious, but i also know that i'm not going to hear anything right away because they have a ton of other applications to go over as well as mine. we will all eventually hear something, and there's nothing you can do to expedite this, so relax.

secondly, i don't quite understand why people are so concerned with hearing each others stats. guess what...they don't mean anything to you. you have your stats, and that's all you can do. just because someone else has a 3.8 gpa doesn't mean that they'll be accepted and you won't because yours is a 3.2.

i'll offer this to you and maybe it will help ease your concerns. when i was in high school, i was one of the smartest kids in my class. i thought no one could touch me, and i would get into every college i applied to. my gpa was pretty solid, and my SATs were good, but not great. i applied early to harvard and brown, and was waitlisted at both. in the end, i was rejected from harvard, brown, princeton, and dartmouth.

but, i was accepted to MIT. early action. it was my top choice and i applied to the other schools mainly because, well, i would never have that chance again, and who knows. once i got to MIT, i realized that i was most certainly NOT the smartest person there. not by a long shot. to this day, i'm amazed that they took me, and took me early at that. they saw thru the numbers and narrow-mindedness of college apps and saw the person that i was and knew i would thrive there. not only that, but every year they reject students with 4.0 gpas and perfect 1600s on their SATs.

moral of the story...you never know what's going to happen. don't base your anxiety on numbers.

and best of luck to all of us that are waiting! :D

I would like to say to the last two posts that MCP-W is definately concerned with the whole picture. You are right that grades are def not the be all, esp at this school. They are just a part of the puzzle. I know there are very competitive stats that are posted, but in my opinion the most competitve person is very well rounded. I think this school would turn down a 4.0 student with no extras for the 3.5 student who has worked during school and/or has lots of involvement and leadership roles. There are so many smart students, but just being smart isn't what gets you ahead. If your background shows them that you are diligent, can handle stress, multitask, manage your time, communicate well, and get good grades, you are in an excellent position. The curriculum is tough, but a 4.0 in undergrad proves nothing when it's the only thing you did. I wish everyone luck! Stay positive.

Hi Wilson 21, what do you guys mean by waitlisted? Does it mean that they are full and that you can get a seat only if someone drops out?
In my case they ask me to take a TOEFL test because English is not my first language and I said so in my application. I took the test successfully and send them the results.
i've been reading these forums for a while now, but this is my first time posting. i was finally prompted to say RELAX!

first off, the deadline for MCPHS-Worcester is february 2. this means that of course they'll review your application if you sent it in this week. mine was finally submitted on january 5 (due to waiting an extra month for my letters of recommendation). yes, i'm anxious, but i also know that i'm not going to hear anything right away because they have a ton of other applications to go over as well as mine. we will all eventually hear something, and there's nothing you can do to expedite this, so relax.

secondly, i don't quite understand why people are so concerned with hearing each others stats. guess what...they don't mean anything to you. you have your stats, and that's all you can do. just because someone else has a 3.8 gpa doesn't mean that they'll be accepted and you won't because yours is a 3.2.

i'll offer this to you and maybe it will help ease your concerns. when i was in high school, i was one of the smartest kids in my class. i thought no one could touch me, and i would get into every college i applied to. my gpa was pretty solid, and my SATs were good, but not great. i applied early to harvard and brown, and was waitlisted at both. in the end, i was rejected from harvard, brown, princeton, and dartmouth.

but, i was accepted to MIT. early action. it was my top choice and i applied to the other schools mainly because, well, i would never have that chance again, and who knows. once i got to MIT, i realized that i was most certainly NOT the smartest person there. not by a long shot. to this day, i'm amazed that they took me, and took me early at that. they saw thru the numbers and narrow-mindedness of college apps and saw the person that i was and knew i would thrive there. not only that, but every year they reject students with 4.0 gpas and perfect 1600s on their SATs.

moral of the story...you never know what's going to happen. don't base your anxiety on numbers.

and best of luck to all of us that are waiting! :D

Hello,

For those of you guys that have interviewed at MCPHS-Worcester already, can I have some insight on the writing sample that is conducted at the interview?? I am wondering what questions are asked for the writing sample and how long the essay has to be..THANKS :)

Well, there was one like this: Did you seek out any information pertaining to our interview process, giving you an unfair advantage over other candidates?

Hello,

For those of you guys that have interviewed at MCPHS-Worcester already, can I have some insight on the writing sample that is conducted at the interview?? I am wondering what questions are asked for the writing sample and how long the essay has to be..THANKS :)

No, you can't have any insight. Everyone who has had an interview at Worcester was required to sign a form saying that they would not give information to anyone else regarding their interview process. In particular, we are not supposed to share the questions asked for the essay prompts.

Also, honestly, the at-interview writing samples are not an integral part of the applications for the schools I have done them at. They just want to see how you write when you don't have months to plan and edit or other people to help make your writing better.

well im trying to see if they will even consider my application seeing that I mailed out my supplemental on Monday along with submitted my pharmcas application. my application and GPA was verified within one day of submitting my application. im applying late due to financial reasons but hopefully they will consider my application.:(

Science GPA: 3.82
Non-Science: 3.91
Math: 4.0
Overal: 3.87:)

BS in bio..minor in chem May 2007
I have alot of community service and volunteer activities that I did my 4 years of college. and alot of health care related experience.so i hope they like me.

I would not underestimate myself with this status, don't think too much. I believe in luck as well. Did you hear anything from them? I have an interview tomorrow.

Did anyone recently got into MCPHS?

yeah, i got my letter about a week ago. it was a fun trip coming from california. school was nice, people were nice, worcester/boston was nice.

the letter was dated just 2 days after my interview.

so, i sent brian an email and was told they wont revisit the waitlist till they are done with interviews, acceptances and all that which he believes will be in early april!!:eek: long wait but oh well, i pray i get in tho:rolleyes:

I would not underestimate myself with this status, don't think too much. I believe in luck as well. Did you hear anything from them? I have an interview tomorrow.

No not yet! im still waiting on one more LOR! my professors are just a tad bit slow seeing that I sent them the LOR in october.:(.they told me my application will not be reviewed until they have been rec'd..so..im just waiting...

sorry about the confusion. i didn't mean i was waitlisted for MCPHS. i meant that when i was applying to undergrad for early admission, i was waitlisted until regular admissions. from what i'm reading here, it sounds like waitlisting means that they are considering you, but only after they get thru all the other scheduled interviews.

i have an interview next tuesday and i'm super psyched. my application wasn't submitted until jan.5, so i wasn't expecting to hear from them for a while. i got a letter in the mail last friday saying that they had all my application materials and would be reviewing it. then the next day i got my letter inviting me for an interview. since i live about an hour away, i was able to take the first available date, which was next tuesday. looking forward to it.

and don't worry...i'm not going to ask what the interview is like. i live for the mystery :D

sorry about the confusion. i didn't mean i was waitlisted for MCPHS. i meant that when i was applying to undergrad for early admission, i was waitlisted until regular admissions. from what i'm reading here, it sounds like waitlisting means that they are considering you, but only after they get thru all the other scheduled interviews.

i have an interview next tuesday and i'm super psyched. my application wasn't submitted until jan.5, so i wasn't expecting to hear from them for a while. i got a letter in the mail last friday saying that they had all my application materials and would be reviewing it. then the next day i got my letter inviting me for an interview. since i live about an hour away, i was able to take the first available date, which was next tuesday. looking forward to it.

and don't worry...i'm not going to ask what the interview is like. i live for the mystery :D

hmmmm interesting....well, i got the first letter, but i have yet to receive an interview invite letter. they received my app around jan 5th as well. i don't know what the hold up is! i feel really confident though...

honestly, my guess is that they were somewhat familiar with my stats. i had been in to talk about my pre-requisites and the fact that most will be over the 10-year limit as of this coming fall. i met with erika in manchester as i was originally thinking of applying there. we sat down and went over all my classes and filled in a sheet. i then had to submit this sheet to the admissions committee to request and exemption. so, they had seen all of my credentials before, and i'm guessing they didn't need to pore over them again.

these people truly are wonderful, helpful, caring people. if you have any questions or concerns, i definitely recommend getting in touch with them. i have been so impressed with their professionalism and assistance. it's a very encouraging sign, in my opinion.