Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doh Boy Fresh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is tit TOO early to start a count down? Ok, Let's do it!!!

:luck::luck::luck: !!!26!!! :luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

mine begins after last interiew...from the 25th to the 1st....hmmmm, it starts at 7, isnt that a lucky number for some? hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
Counting everyday!

I have been counting down since August when I had my interview....I count every single day.....

26 days... 26

wow!!! Cannot believe that is only 26 days away from us. Good luck on everyone!!! :love: Hopefully, we all get into the school we want.

also remember, that just because you dont get an acceptance first of Dec, does not mean that you are rejected from that school either...

oh sure ... best of luck to everyone ... the wait is almost over

My interview to my top school isn't until the 11th of Nov...I'm actually counting down to that day...I'm so nervous! After that I'll join the rest of you and count down to Dec 1st! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
:luck::luck::luck:24 more days :luck::luck::luck:

Such a long time from now :(

LOL

I can't wait to start packing! Move to a new place, get it all nice and organized, and then start interacting with other students... Start a new life!

Dec. 1st is the earliest date, and this year it'll be Monday after a great Thanksgiving break, so it may be Dec. 2 for some schools. IMO, if you get acceptance in December after first day, it's all good.

23 days left!!! Argghhhh!
Where's a flux capacitor when you need one?

I'm just trying to get the full info behind December First. I have a really late interview at Boston on November 24. Do they give all responses for pre Dec 1st interview on that day, is that the magical number given down by the Lords of Dentistry or is it like everything else in dentistry and just a loose guideline and I could probably wait an extra month to hear a word?

PS I have to stop reading this countdown thing because if my former statement is true I'll go insane waiting.

I'm just trying to get the full info behind December First. I have a really late interview at Boston on November 24. Do they give all responses for pre Dec 1st interview on that day, is that the magical number given down by the Lords of Dentistry or is it like everything else in dentistry and just a loose guideline and I could probably wait an extra month to hear a word?

PS I have to stop reading this countdown thing because if my former statement is true I'll go insane waiting.

It depends on the school... For instance:

Marquette interviews X number of people competing for 80 spots before dec. 1st...On dec. first they fill up their entire class as in hand out all 80 acceptances....then when people get back to marquette either accepting or rejecting their acceptances...marquette decides it needs to fill up the rejected spots... they go back to the pile, review files, and decide.

Other schools do it differently...for instance..a school could interview let's say 50 people before dec ...it may have a total of 80 spots in the class... on dec. 1st they could hand out 40 acceptances out of the 50 interviewed...and then determine the rest based on POST dec. interviews.

The BIG HOOPLAH about Dec. 1st is that it is the FIRST POSSIBLE date that ANYONE can get accepted into dental school. and you very well could hear back on dec. 1st ...depending on how the school you interviewed at does their proces...for example, i know michigan reviews its interviewed applicants once every 2 batches of interviews (aka approx. once a month, they review 60 students total, 30 from each batch)...or other schools where they decide the afternoon of the interview itself...just depends on Boston and their decision making process. good luck.

Does anyone know how UIC does things?? Do they interview a batch before december 1st,, accept x amount from that batch and then do another one after december 1st?? any insight would be greatly appreciated..

Does anyone know how UIC does things?? Do they interview a batch before december 1st,, accept x amount from that batch and then do another one after december 1st?? any insight would be greatly appreciated..

No one knows for sure, but from what we gather, they interview ~56 to ~65 pre-dec 1st, and accept about ~30+ from that batch and fill half the seats. Then, they have interviews in January, February, and March and fill the other half of the seats.

58% of UIC interviewees get acceptances; this is lower than the national average (which is around 66%-70% for most schools). In 2007, 155 were interviewed and 90 were accepted (58%). 132 in-state applicants were interviewed and 76 were accepted (56%).

:luck::luck::luck:20:luck::luck::luck:

Last edited:
You Irish or something

You Irish or something

You a Celtic or something

The OP posts four-leaf clovers next to the countdown day as a symbol of good luck, as in good luck in receiving the acceptances that the OP hopes for on December 1st, and the OP wishes good luck for all of the other applicants who are waiting for those December 1st acceptances.

In case you didn't know, the four-leaf clover is a universal sign of good luck...

You a Celtic or something

The OP posts four-leaf clovers next to the countdown day as a symbol of good luck, as in good luck in receiving the acceptances that the OP hopes for on December 1st, and the OP wishes good luck for all of the other applicants who are waiting for those December 1st acceptances.

In case you didn't know, the four-leaf clover is a universal sign of good luck...

Please, by all means further state the obvious for me

less than 20 days! Time flies so fast!:luck:

Reading this thread is summoning the song "The Final Countdown" in my head........with that synthesized piano line. hahaaha

I wish time would go by quicker. I hate my job and I can hardly stand waking up everyday! I need to know!!

i just found out that i could be waiting anywhere from dec 1st till june to hear from my school of choice! how do i handle that??!?!

yeah working and waiting sucks. i say we start a thread and post the stories about the crazy *** partying we all do once dec 1 comes and we find something out

i just found out that i could be waiting anywhere from dec 1st till june to hear from my school of choice! how do i handle that??!?!
sigh.. yea.. i realized this a little too late cause i told everybody about the dec 1st rule that dental schools have and now my friends think i'll know about my status at all schools on dec 1st... and apparently i'm booked to go out and be crazy that night already... oh well... at least i'll be able to keep my mind off of it for one night.. and hopefully everyone will get at least 1 good news on dec 1st. good luck everyone!

i'm thinking of passing out from food coma for thanksgiving... that should shed off a few days of the countdown.. anyone wanna join? :D

I'm so nervous that it's becoming depressing. I want to know if I got in or not but have to wait till Dec 1st....someone kill me out of my misery!

def gettin excited for dec 1st but in the back of my mind i know that i could possibly get my first offer in feb or maybe even may. this sucks waiting.