Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went to UoP on thursday and they were sad to inform all the applicants that they won't be able to notify us on Dec. 1st b/c of the thanksgiving holiday... stupid holiday.... They hope to inform us all by the first week of dec. and by dec. 10th at the latest. :(

A UoP interview is as good as an acceptance, regardless of when they notify you. Unless you're the one kid who fell asleep during the interview, than you're in.

Members don't see this ad.

A UoP interview is as good as an acceptance, regardless of when they notify you. Unless you're the one kid who fell asleep during the interview, than you're in.

i'd still rather have the phone call. better safe than sorry! :)

completely off topic, but on dec 1st, can they decide to not waitlist you, accept or reject you...basically not tell you anything until much later, say january?

Members don't see this ad :)
completely off topic, but on dec 1st, can they decide to not waitlist you, accept or reject you...basically not tell you anything until much later, say january?
Yeah, that's actually probably the most likely thing that will happen December 1st if you don't get accepted right off the bat. They will send out their acceptances on December 1, then mess with everything else after the dust settles.

Yeah, that's actually probably the most likely thing that will happen December 1st if you don't get accepted right off the bat. They will send out their acceptances on December 1, then mess with everything else after the dust settles.
but then hypothetically they won't tell you until probably january, bc people have 45 days to respond with deposit if accepted...ugg

almost 8 days left

Will they update AADSAS next Sunday, since the result has to be up by
Dec 1??? it is dammmmmmmmmmm nerve wracking:luck:

Will they update AADSAS next Sunday, since the result has to be up by
Dec 1??? it is dammmmmmmmmmm nerve wracking:luck:
just so you know, it doesn't "have to be" up by december 1st. 12/1 is actually just the first day the schools can hand out acceptances...
the schools can tell you anytime between 12/1 to first week of classes in the fall..

P.S. Anyone have definite plans on what they're doing on 12/1? I figure we only have a week left.. let's get some fun stuff going on this thread... (otherwise i feel like i'll start counting down hours and minutes... :S)

Last edited:
P.S. Anyone have definite plans on what they're doing on 12/1?

I'll be doing one of two things. In one scenario, I'll be partying wildly with friends, and it shall be the most glorious monday ever. :D In the other scenario.. well let's not think about that as a possibility..

A week ago when I didn't have any interviews, I didn't care about how far away Dec. 1 was... After going to my first interview last Monday, I can't stop thinking about it.

AHHHHH

Members don't see this ad :)
Regardless of how unrealistic it might be, hopefully we'll ALL here good news from our top choices come next monday!!

P.S. Anyone have definite plans on what they're doing on 12/1? I figure we only have a week left.. let's get some fun stuff going on this thread... (otherwise i feel like i'll start counting down hours and minutes... :S)

After running up and down the street naked with a sign that says I'm accepted (hopefully) I'll most likely be putting the finishing touches on my presentation...I hate school right now :(

just so you know, it doesn't "have to be" up by december 1st. 12/1 is actually just the first day the schools can hand out acceptances...
the schools can tell you anytime between 12/1 to first week of classes in the fall..

pshht...yah, I will be taking a test on 12/1....I dunno how Im supposed to study when I have bigger things on my mind...

IF I get accepted on 12/1 then I'm buying a bottle of Patron, a fat cigar, and my a** is PARTYING.

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: 7 :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Lucky 7 I can't wait!!!!

does anyone know if nova or nyu update AADSAS online on 12/1? i know they both send snail mail on 12/1, to arrive i guess end of the week.

my plans: i was going to drink (if i saw it on AADSAS), but alas, just realized i have exams on tues AND thurs that week:laugh:. perhaps a few shots when the letters arrive....oh wait, finals the week after:eek:

Can I get a 6.5 and now I am officially freaking out....:eek:

need to break this down to an hourly countdown...

westcoast, bestcoast time is 157.5 hours left and counting!!!!

Personal Countdown: 12/1/08 --- 7:00AM Central Standard Time

160 hours and 15 minutes...

dude dec1 is sunday, which means there would be no calls untill december 2nd so u've gotte add 24 hours to ur count down

^^Methinks someone is looking at the wrong year. Dec 1st is definitely on a monday this year bud. Check again.

single digit days!!!! I can't wait, hopefully we all get in on December 1st, lol

ok it's not 12 yet, but I am about to sleep...so I shall call 6!!! for tomorrow!!!!!!!

:xf:

Dec 1st I have a micro final and the 2nd I have an neuro oral presentation... Even if I don't hear from anyone by the 3rd I'll still be going out for some drinks... celebrate the end of finals as usual!
Hope I hear from my top choices though... I interview at UNLV on the 4th... Id like to just change that to a much less stressful trip to Vegas and really celebrate!

Good luck everyone! It's exciting reading about the countdown to Dec 1st. I remember that time for me last year. It's the best feeling ever when you read your email and it says " Congratulations...YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED.." It's a time filled with anxiety but joy at the same time. Good luck!!! Dec 1st is almost here.

Some schools must have mailed acceptance letters this afternoon. :claps:

and i hope they arrive on saturday!!! that would be great!

booo i wish i had applied early :)

(in an hour) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Four more days :laugh::xf:

Someone fell asleep? Holy **** that's funny:slap: