Umkc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superconduct

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone heard anything from UMKC yet? when will they review the appl and interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted mine back in late September and received a confirmation from them that they have received my app already. I applied to UMKC in the last application cycle and got waitlisted. So based on my experience last year, they normally don't invite you for interview until late February or early March. They usually offer only 2 dates in March.

Put my application in the mail this afternoon. Talk about waiting until the last moment!!! :laugh:

:luck: to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put my application in the mail this afternoon. Talk about waiting until the last moment!!! :laugh:

:luck: to all.

Yay! At least they don't have rolling admission. :)

Other than that, I have received an email from them last week with my PIN number so I can track my status on the pdf file attached. On the file, they listed all the transcripts they've received so far, plus if they're missing your reference or PCAT score or not. They said they update the list weekly.

Yay! At least they don't have rolling admission. :)

Other than that, I have received an email from them last week with my PIN number so I can track my status on the pdf file attached. On the file, they listed all the transcripts they've received so far, plus if they're missing your reference or PCAT score or not. They said they update the list weekly.

Very nice to know.

Thanks for the head's up!

Their deadline was today (postmarked). I believe last year they sent a confirmation, early, but did not send out any interview invites until Feb.

Oh yea, from counting all the PIN numbers on the pdf file, I think they have about over 150-160 applicants so far. I kind of lost track of count, but it's somewhere within that range. I don't know if a lot of people will submit theirs on the day of the deadline! According to my interviewer last year, he said they received about 600 applicants and about 230 applicants got interview invites.

Wow, it's funny that all of us here that have just posted on this thread were in Las Vegas the other week for the UH-Hilo interview. :D

Yeah, and I wish I was still there. I live in Kansas City, and it was 4 degrees this morning and it is 9 degrees now. Sucks.

Yeah, and I wish I was still there. I live in Kansas City, and it was 4 degrees this morning and it is 9 degrees now. Sucks.

Heard you guys have snow right now. It's in the 50s over here in SoCal in the daytime, and in the low 40s/high 30s at night. BurrrrrRRr....freezing!

But yea, I was impressed with the faculty and staff at UMKC and thought they were really nice and helpful people! :) Too bad their program takes 5 years to finish as opposed to the traditional 4 year at other schools.

Yeah, the snow is pretty much gone, but I believe they're calling for more Wednesday or so. The school is pretty impressive, and they have a new facility that is pretty neat as well. The 5 years is a turn off, but I've taken most of the 1st year curriculum and I wouldn't have to retake anything if I got in...which is good...except they still get paid for it.

Oh yea, from counting all the PIN numbers on the pdf file, I think they have about over 150-160 applicants so far. I kind of lost track of count, but it's somewhere within that range. I don't know if a lot of people will submit theirs on the day of the deadline! According to my interviewer last year, he said they received about 600 applicants and about 230 applicants got interview invites.

me too. i also received the PIN number but the link has not been updated yet.

The 5 years is a turn off, but I've taken most of the 1st year curriculum and I wouldn't have to retake anything if I got in...which is good...except they still get paid for it.

Me too, I've completed most of the first year curriculum already. In that case, do you know if we could start taking second year classes because I would be left with probably one 2 unit class like Medical Terminology. I understand that we would still have to pay tuition for 5 years (I know, that sucks), but at least it would be better if we spread the classes out a bit?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you can start taking the next year's classes. I think some of them have co-requisites. The brighter side is that you can work and make some cash.

I don't think you can start taking the next year's classes. I think some of them have co-requisites. The brighter side is that you can work and make some cash.

True, at least I can have my 1500 required hours completed faster rather than squeezing them over the summer time. :)

Did anyone also apply for the satellite program in Columbia? Fugm, since you're from Missouri, can you tell us more about the Columbia area (that is if you've visited there or from what you have heard)? How far is it from Kansas City?

True, at least I can have my 1500 required hours completed faster rather than squeezing them over the summer time. :)

Did anyone also apply for the satellite program in Columbia? Fugm, since you're from Missouri, can you tell us more about the Columbia area (that is if you've visited there or from what you have heard)? How far is it from Kansas City?

I know some of the past threads talked about how alot of people used the extra time to do a dual degree. I don't know about squeezing in hours because I think MO is one of the states that you don't get the intern liscense until after the first semester, maybe the first year.

Their website said you can take additional electives, I would assume you would just be able to relax a little without the intense schedule.

I put on my app that I didn't care what campus I ended up at. Columbia is pretty rural. Its a little over an hour from KC and really isn't much around, except for the Mizzou campus. But it is a big football school and there are alot campus related things, some nice parks and stuff around. Not bad things, just different from the atmosphere in KC. It's also really really extremely cheap to live.

Agree with the above...Columbia is pretty rural. I've passed through it on my way home in the Southwest portion of MO.

But since you can't get your intern license after the first year in MO, can't you just hop over to Kansas and get your license and work there? In Kansas, all you need is to be accepted to pharmacy school to get an intern license.

Funny you ask. After highschool, I attended MU (Univ. of MO - Columbia) where the satellite program is offered. Columbia is sort of rural, but a great college TOWN. I believe the student population is around 30K. It's about 1.5 hours away from KC, and from what I understand, you're at the Columbia campus the whole time, except for orientation. You're learn via satellite for most of the classes, and a few are sent to UMKC from Columbia. (I'm not sure if the professors go back and forth) Anyway, I partied real good, chased girls, never went to class, etc, and screwed myself. I ended back up at UMKC to finish my undergrad and work on my GPA. I was also 18, 19, and immature. I did apply to both, but I prefere KC because I'm already here. The living in both areas are pretty cheap, as one could find a 2BR apt/townhome <$700/month with less than a 25min commute. Anyway, hope that helps.

Correct. UMKC is close enough to the border that I'm sure half the students work in KS.

Is everyone supposed to recieve a PIN number...I sent my application and everything in 2 weeks ago and still have not recieved one. Called them twice and said they had everything of mine, but have not recieved an email from them yet...

Is everyone supposed to recieve a PIN number...I sent my application and everything in 2 weeks ago and still have not recieved one. Called them twice and said they had everything of mine, but have not recieved an email from them yet...

I mailed mine in early October and I had just received the email with the PIN number last week. They said that they update the information weekly, so just give them time. As long as you called them and they said they have received everything from you, then I think you should be fine. :)

I haven't yet received an email with the PIN number. Can someone please tell me how many people on on the application list for this application round at UMKC?

Did you at least get an email confirmation that they received all of your crap? I sent my application in on the deadline, and got the confirmation email last week (no pin though). I know last year that had 650+ apps, so I'd anticipate more this year.

Yes. I got an email confirming receipt of my application. They just need my Jan 09 PCAT scores.

I'm just trying to get an idea of the total number of applicants.

Well they JUST cashed my check, so I figure they will send out pin numbers soon. I'm sure they will get 600-700 applicants though, just like last year.

Well they JUST cashed my check, so I figure they will send out pin numbers soon. I'm sure they will get 600-700 applicants though, just like last year.

Yea, I kind of expect that there are around 650 of us that had applied this application cycle. Out of that number, around 240 from that pool will get interviewed. The staff are very helpful throughout the application status.

did anyone get a phone call from umkc?. some lady called me late in the evening during my nap time and i hung up an her. i don't remember what the conversation was and i am afraid to call back.

did anyone get a phone call from umkc?. some lady called me late in the evening during my nap time and i hung up an her. i don't remember what the conversation was and i am afraid to call back.

I didn't receive a phone call from them, but if they did call you then probably they needed to clarify some info about your app with you. Last year, they couldn't contact me via email for an interview because they made a typo on my email address, so they called me to verify my email address and then sent me the invitation a minute later. Don't be afraid to call back because the staff are extremely nice and pleasant, especially Marilee Congrove and Katherine Waechter.

hah, nap time. if they called I'm sure they're verifying information, so I would call them back asap. did you get an email at all?

hah, nap time. if they called I'm sure they're verifying information, so I would call them back asap. did you get an email at all?

way too much free time. i need my baby nap. no email from them but i did receive the PIN from them through email 1 month ago. however, i could not access the webpage.

I received a phone call yesterday. It wasn't for an interview or missing information.

It was an invitation to attend their transfer student day which is an opportunity to meet with an advisor and visit with their financial aid department.

I received a phone call yesterday. It wasn't for an interview or missing information.

It was an invitation to attend their transfer student day which is an opportunity to meet with an advisor and visit with their financial aid department.

thanks for the info. i thought it was some kind of telemarketing b/c of the heavy indian accent.

thanks for the info. i thought it was some kind of telemarketing b/c of the heavy indian accent.

The person who took the message for me had a hard time understanding what they were saying, but they did cleary state that it was not for an interview.

How come I didn't get an invitation call from them? I know it's not like I'm going to fly to the middle of the country just to attend their transfer student day. Maybe they only call those who live in the Midwest?

How come I didn't get an invitation call from them? I know it's not like I'm going to fly to the middle of the country just to attend their transfer student day. Maybe they only call those who live in the Midwest?

Did they call you last year? I don't know why they are picking and choosing who they call. I'm not going, nor would I even consider going to something like this unless I lived close enough that I could drive and not miss any work or school.

Did they call you last year? I don't know why they are picking and choosing who they call. I'm not going, nor would I even consider going to something like this unless I lived close enough that I could drive and not miss any work or school.

Nope, they didn't call me last year either. I believe Superconduct is also from Texas, so I kind of made the conclusion that they probably invite those who live in the Midwest. How did your interview went at Sullivan?

Nope, they didn't call me last year either. I believe Superconduct is also from Texas, so I kind of made the conclusion that they probably invite those who live in the Midwest. How did your interview went at Sullivan?

I'm sure they need to limit the # of students they invite for some reason, but I don't know what that is. St. John Fischer did the same thing with an open house. The sent out invites to attend, but I didn't receive one.

Anyway, I am sending you a PM in regards to Sullivan...

I know they are currently reviewing our files right now because they called me today to verify some info regarding my transcripts.

Anyone heard anything yet or know from past years when they start inviting people??

I was informed early last March for an interview for the end of March. I think interviews are mid- and late March.

I've heard the same as well from current UMKC pharmacy students--interview invites in early March and actual interviews in late March.

This also makes sense because UMKC accepts the January PCAT and results for the test should be available late February to early March.

Last year we had 2 interview dates in March (both on Saturdays). The invite for the second date was dated March 11th in the email, so they'll let us know about 3 weeks in advance. Probably the reason why I got invited for the second date is because they had to wait for my January PCAT score (took it the first time), so maybe if you guys have the old scores and are competitive then they'll invite you for the first date? I heard they also had a waitlist for an interview last year, in case if many people decided to decline their invitations. Good luck to all of us who are waiting and hopefully we'll hear from them next week!

Have any of you guys heard anything from them yet? I'm guessing that the first date has to be the second Saturday in March, so they should be letting us know this week? Ah, the wait...

Have any of you guys heard anything from them yet? I'm guessing that the first date has to be the second Saturday in March, so they should be letting us know this week? Ah, the wait...

Still waiting here...

Interview dates this year are March 14th and 28th.

Interview dates this year are March 14th and 28th.

Then, those who will get invited for March 14th shall hear sometimes this week. I've been stalking my email account every few minutes until 4pm CST today while studying for my anatomy lab practicum coming up tomorrow. :laugh:

my friend's doing interviews this year and said she was just notified her interview date (3/28). So UMKC should start sending invites real soon.

my friend's doing interviews this year and said she was just notified her interview date (3/28). So UMKC should start sending invites real soon.

Can't wait! I'm just so tired of waiting! Oh yea fyi last year, they made us fill out interview questionnaires (~10 short answer questions, sort of like interview questions) and send them in before a certain deadline prior to our interview date.

They are awaiting Jan PCAT scores. Invites will go out via email about a week after they receive the PCAT results.

They are awaiting Jan PCAT scores. Invites will go out via email about a week after they receive the PCAT results.

Oh yea, I forgot the fact that the January PCAT exam date for 2009 was a week behind compared to last year's. So we should be getting invites a week later than usual, so hopefully by next week.