Official Marquette University School of Dentistry 2009 Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I got up this morning at 5am (PST) and after waiting a few hours for some school to call I just decided to call Marquette. They told me I was accepted and that I should expect a package in the mail since one was sent out Friday.:banana::banana::banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's great news!!! :) What did you say/ask when you called?

I got up this morning at 5am (PST) and after waiting a few hours for some school to call I just decided to call Marquette. They told me I was accepted and that I should expect a package in the mail since one was sent out Friday.:banana::banana::banana:

so they don't call or email you? just sends out the letter??

Members don't see this ad :)
Marquette too. Called while I was in class. So excited, I loved everything about them. Far and away my #1 choice!!

I'm in and I am stoked about it!

lol after reading the OP's message, I called them right away and found out that I got in!!! Brian also told me that I would be receiving a "merit based scholarship" of 5K a year... good luck to you guys!!

I got in too! It was my #1 choice! Super excited :):):)

Hey congrats you guys! Seriously its the best school around!

I got the call from jennifer this morning . Very excited its a great school !

Members don't see this ad :)
Here we come MARQUETTE!! This is my third year applying and I'm so happy to tell everyone, I'M GOING TO BE A DENTIST!!!!!

I got put on hold :( I'm an in-state applicant. Does anyone know what my chances are of getting in? Does anyone know someone from Wisconsin that was accepted at Marquette and has chosen to go somewhere else???

I got put on hold :( I'm an in-state applicant. Does anyone know what my chances are of getting in? Does anyone know someone from Wisconsin that was accepted at Marquette and has chosen to go somewhere else???

It's still really early, there's got to be a few people who will end up going somewhere else... Good luck!

Sent my deposit... Got an email saying they have received it, and that my spot in the Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2013 is secured.

Now the wait begins for the acknowledgment packet with further information that is to come within the next couple of weeks....

Ok yeah I'm pretty excited about going to Marquette...

Gosh you are soooo lucky! I would kill to be in your spot right now futuredentist09. Congrats again.. i still hope everyday that I get in.

Gosh you are soooo lucky! I would kill to be in your spot right now futuredentist09. Congrats again.. i still hope everyday that I get in.

I know I really do feel privileged and I will not let the school down for giving me such a great opportunity. Thank you, and don't worry your time will come! Good luck!

Last edited:
So I just found out about this sight.. I'm officially going to Marquette too and can't tell you how excited I am to start.. Does anyone know what they are doing for housing? I haven't really heard what is best to do.. its kind of stressing me out..

So I just found out about this sight.. I'm officially going to Marquette too and can't tell you how excited I am to start.. Does anyone know what they are doing for housing? I haven't really heard what is best to do.. its kind of stressing me out..

Welcome! We also have a facebook page and we have all discussed housing options. Marquette sent all of us a housing guide, if you didn't get it call Marquette or search for it on their website. Most people seem to be looking into the "2040 lofts" or "Sovereign", they are two different apartment buildings. 2040 lofts has a website "www.2040lofts.com" and is rather expensive for Milwaukee. Sovereign is cheaper, like 35-40% less, but is a favorite among dental students so apartments might not be readily available.

I wouldn't stress out too much, you have plenty of time. I was stressing out looking for a place. After calling a few places I found out that it's still very early, most places told me I would be able to find several 1-bedrooms well into June.

Welcome! We also have a facebook page and we have all discussed housing options. Marquette sent all of us a housing guide, if you didn't get it call Marquette or search for it on their website. Most people seem to be looking into the "2040 lofts" or "Sovereign", they are two different apartment buildings. 2040 lofts has a website "www.2040lofts.com" and is rather expensive for Milwaukee. Sovereign is cheaper, like 35-40% less, but is a favorite among dental students so apartments might not be readily available.

I wouldn't stress out too much, you have plenty of time. I was stressing out looking for a place. After calling a few places I found out that it's still very early, most places told me I would be able to find several 1-bedrooms well into June.
Thanks bud.. I actually just joined the facebook group too.. It's good to hear what everyone is doing as far as housing goes. I just want to find a place that is not too expensive but I for sure don't want to live in a dive either.. haha I'm going to be making some phone calls soon to figure everything out.