AADSAS Course Classification - is my stats class PSYC or Math?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adizzle87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took statistics at my school but it was provided by the Pscyhology department. At my school there are 3 statistics classes you can take, one from the Math dept, one from CogSci, and the other from Psyc. They are all treated as fulfilling the stats requirment at my school. My question is since the course is named "PSYC 60" and not "MATH XX", should this be classified as a math class or Psychology class?

Members don't see this ad.

I took psych stats. AADSAS classifies it as Non-Science. All stats that are not in the Math or Statistics department are classified as Non-Science, although BioStats might be an exception. So yeah, your class is Non-Science.

Well thats good to know. They had something in the Instructions manual saying that even if there was an emphasis of science in your non-BCP class, it wouldn't count as a science class. Just wanted to clarify, thanks positiv!

All I gotta say is booya! I got a B in that lousy class so this only helps my GPA :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took psych stats. AADSAS classifies it as Non-Science. All stats that are not in the Math or Statistics department are classified as Non-Science, although BioStats might be an exception. So yeah, your class is Non-Science.
Sorry to adizzle87 for threadjacking here.

So, statistics (from stats dept. ) = math = science course?

Last edited: