The Republic of Texas XXIII: Our State Can Beat Up Your State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

da8s0859q

Let the festivities begin! And seeing how it's 12/24, I'll be the first to offer this simple phrase to kids from one to 92... merry Christmas to you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Merry Xmas/Happy Holidays to everyone! Someone got the flag?

confederate_flag.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
How exactly do I procure the services of Texas to beat up California. I would like that very much considering they have provided nothing but heartbreak for me.

WOOT Texas!:thumbup:

that's not the one we were looking for, but thanks. :rolleyes:

Haha, sorry. I guess a parody of a parody doesn't work. Anyway, here's the Texas flag

texas-usa-flags-flying.jpg

I think this is the one...

cometakeit.jpg

How exactly do I procure the services of Texas to beat up California. I would like that very much considering they have provided nothing but heartbreak for me.

I just called up Gov. Rick Perry. He said he'd get right on it :p.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas; and for those still waiting on offers, hopefully Santa gets his butt in gear sometime before December 31st.

I just called up Gov. Rick Perry. He said he'd get right on it :p.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas; and for those still waiting on offers, hopefully Santa gets his butt in gear sometime before December 31st.

Ohhh... actually we have the Governator, so I think our governor could beat up your governor:laugh:

Ohhh... actually we have the Governator, so I think our governor could beat up your governor:laugh:
Lol, touché!

Oh man, if only Ahnold were our governor. Texas would just be that much more awesome than she already is.

Merry Christmas everybody!

Merry Christmas guys!

Let's hope the adcoms come to their senses and send us all some late Xmas presents real soon. I want something to party about on New Years. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Merry Christmas everyone! And Merry Christmas to Texas Tech as I received an unexpected interview invite in my stocking! Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas everyone! And Merry Christmas to Texas Tech as I received an unexpected interview invite in my stocking! Happy Holidays!

seriously?!?! when did you recieve it?!?!?!? (time and date, plz! :D)

I'd do just about anything to wake up to a christmas present from tech!!!!!

This late?! What the hell?

I'd love one myself.

The email was sent today at 6:00 PM but I hadn't checked my email until tonight around 9. The interview is for Jan. 9th so it won't impact the prematch period. However, I feel much better because, although I feel that I am truly blessed with my TCOM acceptance, I thought that I would get more than one interview this year. Anyway, I will be even more excited tomorrow when I watch my son rip open his presents!!!:)

The email was sent today at 6:00 PM

oh, sniffle... if they started doing email business at 6, i'm sure they're definately done now... nothin for me.

oh well, i guess i'll have to be content with just family-related christmas joy :laugh:

oh, sniffle... if they started doing email business at 6, i'm sure they're definately done now... nothin for me.

oh well, i guess i'll have to be content with just family-related christmas joy :laugh:

Is Texas Tech high on your list? I see that you have some acceptances already. How did you like the interview there?

Is Texas Tech high on your list? I see that you have some acceptances already. How did you like the interview there?

yep, its my top choice... (as much as it pains my little aggie heart to admit it! haha!)

i didn't know much about the school until i went to their pre-med conference last year, which was essentially like an interview day for juniors--without the interview part... we had a tour, presentations about the curriculum, etc.

Before then, i hadn't given much thought to tech, but at the conference i was COMPLETELY blow away by the school. I had only been to visit one other school at the time (another premed conference), and tech made that school look like a poor county orphanage high-school with donated equipment... i mean EVERYTHING about tech was amazing and pristine and top-notch and the curriculum was solid and producing really serious results.

so, then going into interview season this year, i knew it would be near the top of my list, but there were many schools that i still hadn't seen...

well 6 interviews later, it was (and still is) my number one choice.

true, i have other acceptances to really great schools. but it's tech that i was (and still am) hoping to hear from.

I wish you much luck on the interview day!!!! and don't stress too much about it in the upcoming weekds: it's a really, really enjoyable day!!!!!!! :luck::luck::luck:

yep, its my top choice... (as much as it pains my little aggie heart to admit it! haha!)

i didn't know much about the school until i went to their pre-med conference last year, which was essentially like an interview day for juniors--without the interview part... we had a tour, presentations about the curriculum, etc.

Before then, i hadn't given much thought to tech, but at the conference i was COMPLETELY blow away by the school. I had only been to visit one other school at the time (another premed conference), and tech made that school look like a poor county orphanage high-school with donated equipment... i mean EVERYTHING about tech was amazing and pristine and top-notch and the curriculum was solid and producing really serious results.

so, then going into interview season this year, i knew it would be near the top of my list, but there were many schools that i still hadn't seen...

well 6 interviews later, it was (and still is) my number one choice.

true, i have other acceptances to really great schools. but it's tech that i was (and still am) hoping to hear from.

I wish you much luck on the interview day!!!! and don't stress too much about it in the upcoming weekds: it's a really, really enjoyable day!!!!!!! :luck::luck::luck:

Thank you. I hope that you get in there. I just wish that there was a better way for both med schools and aspiring students to be on the same wavelength so that schools would "match" with students who are truly in love with their school. That is my Christmas wish!!! And...Merry Christmas everyone! (officially)

Well, hell, while we're at it: anyone know if TTUHSC has any more interview offers to share with us remaining hopefuls?

(Belated congrats, btw -- Merry Christmas indeed.)

Well, hell, while we're at it: anyone know if TTUHSC has any more interview offers to share with us remaining hopefuls?

(Belated congrats, btw -- Merry Christmas indeed.)

Thanks. Merry Christmas. I am going to bed and getting ready to celebrate my son's first Christmas ever!!!

Thanks. Merry Christmas. I am going to bed and getting ready to celebrate my son's first Christmas ever!!!

Hope it has been a truly blessing day..

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Ha ha, Maggie we should just take things into our own hands and trade. We have pretty similar stats....i'll trade you my tech acceptance for your A&M's. :D Think the adcom's will go for it? ha ha ha j/k

Ha ha, Maggie we should just take things into our own hands and trade. We have pretty similar stats....i'll trade you my tech acceptance for your A&M's. :D Think the adcom's will go for it? ha ha ha j/k

hey i'm on board!!! lets start drafting a letter!!!

Funky, you and me have got to attack California from the inside to get back on them for being such a disappointment :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you all had a good one and that the beginning of this year brings all of us here what we want the most!!!! :D

since i've been pre-matched to the school i want already...how do i go about declining an interview? the email only has instructions on how to pick an interview date.......and i want to decline so someone else can get my interview spot so.......what do i do?

since i've been pre-matched to the school i want already...how do i go about declining an interview? the email only has instructions on how to pick an interview date.......and i want to decline so someone else can get my interview spot so.......what do i do?

Call the Admissions office, tell them that you wish to give up your interview spot and withdraw your application. Thank them for their consideration and bid them a good day.

Call the Admissions office, tell them that you wish to give up your interview spot and withdraw your application. Thank them for their consideration and bid them a good day.

:thumbup:

that is fantastic!!!

I just got back from southeast asia and although I didn't think much about malaria before i went, it's a really real problem that they face about as often as we get owned by the gas pump... only difference is that when we have a run in with exxon, we don't geto to go to starbucks as often that week. when they have a run-in with the big M you end up with widowers and orphans and lost children.

not to mention that, from a selfish standpoint, those of us who are wealthy enough to take them, long-term use of oral antimalarial drugs have horrible side-affects (speaking from experience).

not to mention that, from a selfish standpoint, those of us who are wealthy enough to take them, long-term use of oral antimalarial drugs have horrible side-affects (speaking from experience).

I went to Africa when I was younger and didn't take my anti-malaria meds because I was a brat. Woops, Guess I'm ok! :p

Is it February yet?????? I can't stand the waiting!!! Christmas was fun and a great way to keep my mind off things, but now what??? :rolleyes:

PS- Working in College Station is B-O-R-I-N-G when the students aren't here...

I'm heading back to college station in a few days to try to find a job. Probably going to just waitress because the office/health care jobs aren't really panning out. :(

I'm heading back to college station in a few days to try to find a job. Probably going to just waitress because the office/health care jobs aren't really panning out. :(

I enjoyed waitressing. It's a LOT of work but there's usually some really fun people that you work with. And considering restaurants are ALWAYS busy here you'll make some really good money! My friend works at Cheddar's here and he really loves it. Plus, you're already in, it's not like you need the heath care job for EC's! :)

I just got an acceptance in the mail from UT San Antonio ... best Christmas present ever. (my first acceptance)

Just declined acceptances from A&M, SA, Galveston, and Southwestern--held onto Houston. Yay more spots for my fellow SDNers.

Just declined acceptances from A&M, SA, Galveston, and Southwestern--held onto Houston. Yay more spots for my fellow SDNers.

Hoping for that first one you named. And go you for getting those acceptances in the first place! Looks like you cleaned up.

Hoping for that first one you named. And go you for getting those acceptances in the first place! Looks like you cleaned up.

Shotgun on his SA acceptance! ;)

The one I have used for travel to both Africa and Central America wasn't that expensive (my insurance covered it but even without it was only $20/month) and I didn't have a single side-affect... but I used a non-traditional one recommended by the people I was traveling with and verified by my physician.

I just got an acceptance in the mail from UT San Antonio ... best Christmas present ever. (my first acceptance)

AHHH don't do this to me!!! Did they really not email you first?? All of my mail goes to my home address and none of my family is there!

CONGRATS tho!!! That's so exciting, Merry Christmas indeed! :D

Hey, congrats!

Put in a good word there for us :laugh:.

Did they really send it by regular mail first?! I'm flipping out over here, haha.

I received an interview invite for Texas Tech Lubbock today at 3:35pm Dec 26. For January 9, 2009.

I am most likely declining it, not because I don't want to but because I will be out of the country. I was not expecting interview invites this late.

My MCAT is low so still hope for those waiting for more interviews...

I received an interview invite for Texas Tech Lubbock today at 3:35pm Dec 26. For January 9, 2009.

I am most likely declining it, not because I don't want to but because I will be out of the country. I was not expecting interview invites this late.

My MCAT is low so still hope for those waiting for more interviews...

Sweet!

The acceptance was dated December 18th. I did not receive any emails from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.