SDN Commandments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Thou shall not troll
2) Thou shall not discuss MD vs DO
3) Thou shall not say MCATs

More anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

1) Thou shall not troll

More anyone?

Hahahah ... those are all great. I have broken number 2 far to many times and felt the wrath of god (mods).

1) Thou shall not troll

More anyone?
Though shall not post "what are my chances" threads outside of the "what are my chances" forums.

Seriously, people. Are you that f..king dense that you can't look above? How long have you been using the internet that you can't discern what sticky'd/sub-forums are?:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Thou shall not troll
4) Thou shall not start the same stupid threads (Use the search function!)
5) Thou shall not apply submit primaries after July:laugh:

1) Thou shall not troll
6) Thou shall not enquire about thy chances outside of the proper forum

1) Thou shall not troll

I was gonna write something along these lines. "Thou shalt make liberal use of the search function prior to beginning new threads."

#1, FTW

1) Thou shall not troll
4) Thou shall not start the same stupid threads
4.5) Thoush shall make liberal use of the search function

1) Thou shall not troll
4.5) Thou shall make liberal use of the search function
7) Thou shall not hate on URMs!

1) Thou shall not troll
8) Thou shall not be more awesome than thy sankondbest and thou shall never worship any SDN member above me...I mean him.(please ignore the sign----> :troll:).. and also did I mention how thou shall not take any SDN member to be thy "average applicant" for thou knows not how many peasants lurk in the background watching and waiting for people who like to bragg about their great stats to fake insecurity about if they or if they ca'int doth get into medical school. Doth thou comprehend mine commandment peasants?

1) Thou shall not troll
8) Thou shall not be more awesome than thy sankondbest and thou shall never worship any SDN member above me...I mean him... and also did I mention how thou shall not take any SDN member to be thy "average applican" for thou knows not how many peasants lurk in the background watching and waiting for people who like to bragg about their great stats to fake insecurity about if they or if they ca'int doth get into medical school. Doth thou comprehend mine commandment peasants?
9) Thou shall not STALK thy SND neighbor by following from thread to thread!

1) Thou shall not troll
8) Thou shall not be more awesome than thy sankondbest and thou shall never worship any SDN member above me...I mean him... and also did I mention how thou shall not take any SDN member to be thy "average applican" for thou knows not how many peasants lurk in the background watching and waiting for people who like to bragg about their great stats to fake insecurity about if they or if they ca'int doth get into medical school. Doth thou comprehend mine commandment peasants?

RULES FOR POSTING ABOUT GRADES:
1) If you have nothing lower than a B-, it's not worth posting, as someone will just end up calling you a troll and saying you should go to the Caribbean.
2) If you have one C is a non-science class, do not post, as medical schools will not care, and you will again be sent to the Caribbean by SDN again.
3) If you have one C is an AMCAS science class, do not post, as one grade will NOT break your application. SDN people will again send you to the Caribbean.
4) If you have multiple C's in non-science classes, post if your cumulative GPA is lower than 3.5. Otherwise, you will again be sent to the Caribbean.
5) If you have multiple C's in an AMCAS science courses, do not post unless you have a cumulative GPA under 3.5 or a science GPA under 3.3. If you do, you will be directed to the Caribbean.
6) If you have grades lower than C in non-science courses, and your GPA is under 3.5, post - but only if you can give a valid reason for the grade.
7) If you have grades lower than C in AMCAS science courses, post regardless of GPA, and give reasons for the grade. Be prepared to be told to retake the course and then go to the Caribbean.
8) If you have one W, do not post, as no one cares about one of these.
9) If you have more than one W and a GPA under 3.5, post and include why you dropped the classes. Be prepared for SDNers to say that because you drop too many course you are not med school material.
10) If you have completed less than one full year of college, do not post unless you have received multiple F's in AMCAS science courses. If you do, someone will post their story on how they got to med school even with an F, and then someone else will say you have absolutely no chance at any American school ever.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Thou shall not troll
10) Thou shall wait until August to change thy title to medical student

1) Thou shall not troll

RULES FOR POSTING ABOUT GRADES:
1) If you have nothing lower than a B-, it's not worth posting, as someone will just end up calling you a troll and saying you should go to the Caribbean.
2) If you have one C is a non-science class, do not post, as medical schools will not care, and you will again be sent to the Caribbean by SDN again.
3) If you have one C is an AMCAS science class, do not post, as one grade will NOT break your application. SDN people will again send you to the Caribbean.
4) If you have multiple C's in non-science classes, post if your cumulative GPA is lower than 3.5. Otherwise, you will again be sent to the Caribbean.
5) If you have multiple C's in an AMCAS science courses, do not post unless you have a cumulative GPA under 3.5 or a science GPA under 3.3. If you do, you will be directed to the Caribbean.
6) If you have grades lower than C in non-science courses, and your GPA is under 3.5, post - but only if you can give a valid reason for the grade.
7) If you have grades lower than C in AMCAS science courses, post regardless of GPA, and give reasons for the grade. Be prepared to be told to retake the course and then go to the Caribbean.
8) If you have one W, do not post, as no one cares about one of these.
9) If you have more than one W and a GPA under 3.5, post and include why you dropped the classes. Be prepared for SDNers to say that because you drop too many course you are not med school material.
10) If you have completed less than one full year of college, do not post unless you have received multiple F's in AMCAS science courses. If you do, someone will post their story on how they got to med school even with an F, and then someone else will say you have absolutely no chance at any American school ever.

You need more thys and thous :D

You need more thys and thous :D

Yeah, but I wrote that a while ago and have been reposting it every time I see a thread with "I got a C! I'm DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!" and didn't feel like changing it. :)

1) Thou shall not troll
10) Thou shall wait until August to change thy title to medical student

:laugh: That always annoyed me when I saw that.

11) Thou shalt not flame, lest there be trolls.

1) Thou shall not troll
8) Thou shall not be more awesome than thy sankondbest and thou shall never worship any SDN member above me...I mean him.(please ignore the sign----> :troll:).. and also did I mention how thou shall not take any SDN member to be thy "average applicant" for thou knows not how many peasants lurk in the background watching and waiting for people who like to bragg about their great stats to fake insecurity about if they or if they ca'int doth get into medical school. Doth thou comprehend mine commandment peasants?
12) Thou shall not STALK thy SND neighbor by following from thread to thread!
13) Thou shall wait until August to change thy title to medical student
14) Thou shall not bash others post if they do not think it be legitimate...thou shall just not post on that thread!

1) Thou shall not troll
14) Thou shall not bash others post if they do not think it be legitimate...thou shall just not post on that thread!
15) Thou shalt not post in the class of 201X unless you are a member of said class!

People do that? :confused:

THOU SHALL NOT ASK STUPID QUESTIONS!!!

JK :laugh:

1) Thou shall not troll
15) Thou shalt not post in the class of 201X unless you are a member of said class!
16) Thou shall have a sense of humor and learn to ignore thy fellow SDN members in good portions.

1) Thou shall not troll
16) Thou shall have a sense of humor and learn to ignore thy fellow SDN members in good portions.
17) Thou shall not feed the troll.
18) Thou shall not make identical threads in different forums. You will get the same answers b/c the same people read them!!
19) Thou shall not make a Class of 20XX thread 6 years before the start of medical school. The January of the previous year at the earliest!

1) Thou shall not troll
5) Thou shall not apply/submit primaries after July

8) Thou shall not take any SDN member to be thy "average applicant" for thou knows not how many peasants lurk in the background watching and waiting for people who like to brag about their great stats to fake insecurity.
9) Thou shalt not flame, lest there be trolls.
10) Thou shall not STALK thy SDN neighbor by following from thread to thread!

11) Thou shall wait until August to change thy title to medical student
12) Thou shall not bash another's post if thy thinkest it be not legitimate...thou shall just not post on that thread!
13) Thou shalt not post in the class of 201X unless you are a member of said class!
14) Thou shall have a sense of humor and learn to ignore thy fellow SDN members in good portions.
15) Thou shall not feed the troll.

16) Thou shall not make identical threads in different forums. You will get the same answers b/c the same people read them!!
17) Thou shall not make a Class of 20XX thread 6 years before the start of medical school. The January of the previous year at the earliest!
18) Thou shalt not ask if thy CC credits are accepted, verily, they are acceptable. Thou shalt trouble thyself, however, to improve thou BCPM by partaking of BCPM courses at thou 4yr.
19) Thou shalt not invoke Burnett's Law.
20) Thou shalt remember thy rules for posting about grades: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7568211&postcount=13

Last edited:
1) Thou shall not troll

8) Thou shall not take any SDN member to be thy "average applicant" for thou knows not how many peasants lurk in the background watching and waiting for people who like to brag about their great stats to fake insecurity.

12) Thou shall not bash another's post if thy thinkest it be not legitimate...thou shall just not post on that thread!
13) Thou shalt not post in the class of 201X unless you are a member of said class!
14) Thou shall have a sense of humor and learn to ignore thy fellow SDN members in good portions.

16) Thou shall not make identical threads in different forums. You will get the same answers b/c the same people read them!!
17) Thou shall not make a Class of 20XX thread 6 years before the start of medical school. The January of the previous year at the earliest!
18) Thou shalt not ask if thy CC credits are accepted, verily, they are acceptable. Thou shalt trouble thyself, however, to improve thou BCPM by partaking of BCPM courses at thou 4yr.
20) Thou shalt remember thy rules for posting about grades: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7568211&postcount=13

21) Thou shall consume great quantities of salt when partaking of SDN
22) He that speaketh of Prestige shall be stoned

Last edited:
1) Thou shall not troll

23) He that speaketh of Tiers shall be stoned

1) Thou shall not troll

24) Thou shalt not begin threads with "My friend is in X situation, what should I tell him?" as it will be automatically assumed that you are talking about yourself.

1) Thou shall not troll

24) Thou shalt not begin threads with "My friend is in X situation, what should I tell him?" as it will be automatically assumed that you are talking about yourself.
25) Thou shalt not start threads enquiring, "Why not nursing?"

26) Thou shalt not ask why it is frowned upon to major in nursing and then apply to medical school, verily, the answer is in the question.
27) Thou shalt not mouth off to Tired, for he is the Speaker of Truth.
28) Thou shalt keep holy thy Mods, and only annoy them when they really really deserve it.

1) Thou shall not troll

26) Thou shalt not ask why it is frowned upon to major in nursing and then apply to medical school, verily, the answer is in the question.
28) Thou shalt keep holy thy Mods, and only annoy them when they really really deserve it.
29) Thou shall sacrifice sleep, excercise, work, or companionship for SDN at least once a week
30) Thou shall devote yourself to SDN alone, for SDN is a jealous forum, and will tolerate no other before it

1) Thou shall not troll

29) Thou shall become acquainted with the subscribe to thread function and refrain from 'bump' posts

1) Thou shall not troll

29) Thou shall sacrifice sleep, excercise, work, or companionship for SDN at least once a week
30) Thou shall devote yourself to SDN alone, for SDN is a jealous forum, and will tolerate no other before it
31) Thou shall become acquainted with the subscribe to thread function and refrain from 'bump' posts

1) Thou shall not troll

31) Thou shall become acquainted with the subscribe to thread function and refrain from 'bump' posts
32) Thou shalt recognize the all knowingness of Law2Doc.

1) Thou shall not troll

33) Thou shalt not seek to identify LizzyM

I was gonna write something along these lines. "Thou shalt make liberal use of the search function prior to beginning new threads."

#1, FTW
The ironic thing is, we had something like this about a month ago. However, it wasn't in the form of Commandments, but it was the same idea and the list was over 50 items.

The ironic thing is, we had something like this about a month ago. However, it wasn't in the form of Commandments, but it was the same idea and the list was over 50 items.

I vaguely remember that, but I thought that was more about rules for pre-meds. Things like apply early, don't worry about 1 C+, etc.

1) Thou shall not troll

20) Thou shalt remember thy rules for posting about grades: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...1&postcount=13

34) Thou shalt not worry about 1 C+, etc.

Darn. I already broke that one. I shall be stoned be in the market square!:scared:

Speaking of which, isn't it about time for someone to crank out a 2014 class thread? Some industrious person should get on this...

35) He that speaks of money or lifestyle shall be stoned.

Thou shalt not let moochers into thy hut.

Speaking of which, isn't it about time for someone to crank out a 2014 class thread? Some industrious person should get on this...

im not industrious but meh whatever

1) Thou shall not troll

20) Thou shalt remember thy rules for posting about grades: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...1&postcount=13

34) Thou shalt not worry about 1 C+, etc
36) Suffer not a moocher in your midst

re: #s 22, 23, and 35:

But some people might LIKE to be stoned:

Not me, of course: "oregano" is for the spaghetti sauce in my house.

1) Thou shall not troll

34) Thou shalt not worry about 1 C+, etc
36) Suffer not a moocher in your midst
37) He that is stoned shall be stoned
38) He who has been punished for being stoned or drunk shall not post asking if said punishment must be disclosed on the AMCAS