Composite MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camaras2480

Wrapping things up
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which DO schools take composite MCAT? Sorry if this is a repeat, but my friend would like to know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested in this too. Dont take my word on this but from what I've read, I think OUCOM and NYCOM take composite scores. I dont know if there are others though.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys mean the writing portion of the MCAT?

Great, thanks! 2 schools is a start. Anyone else know any others?

And, no, ODorDO, we are talking about schools that take your best PS, VR, and BS from ANY MCAT you have taken, combine them, and get your 'composite' score.

Extreme Example:

MCAT 1: 10PS, 3VR, 4BS - Score: 17
MCAT 2: 4PS, 12VR, 5BS - Score: 21
MCAT 3: 5PS, 4VR, 13BS - Score: 22

Composite MCAT Score: 35

Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences takes your composite MCAT.

So what's this list looking like:

1. OUCOM
2. NYCOM
3. PNWU

Any other schools, that anyone knows about?

I called PCOM and asked about it, and they said yes. But I'm not sure she understood my question. Maybe someone can confirm?

University of Utah (MD) school takes the highest score from each section for different exams. No matter how many times you take it, they will always consider your highest score. They do however use the amcas GPA calc.....

hey lets keep this thread going lol.

I am not trying to sound negative or anything or the sort but is the information above correct? Has anyone emailed the schools mentioned above to see if this is in fact true? If so this might have just been the biggest weight lifted off of my shoulders as my top school (OUCOM) is on that list. I did not want to email them and ask if someone already had so thank you for your help if you have.

Go ahead and email them, I guarantee you will not be the first to ask a repeat question, and you won't be the last.

i figuered i would bump this thread. I called DMU. I didnt, get a straight answer but they told me that they take every section from every take into account. I asked if it was ok that I dropped in verbal by 1 point and they said as long as your other science section went up then you were ok. I told him that both of my science sections went up and he said that I would be just fine as all they care about is improvement on your overall score(which I improved).

I also was perusing RVU's website and they only look at your most recent score and it blatently says they DO NOT take the highest from each section, just your most recent score.

ill be calling many more schools today so I will bump if i get more info

just called nova and got an answering machine. it says they take the best set of scores, so im gonna say they dont take the best of each section. its at the bottom of their website
http://medicine.nova.edu/do/admissions/index.html

just spoke with ruth armstrong from KCUMB, they take the highest total score and not the highest of all sections

just spoke with anberlin from admissions at KCOM Missouri. They take your MOST RECENT score. not highest of all sections

just called VCOM and WVSOM. no answer

Last edited:
Any updates?

PNWU. No longer combines your best score from multiple takes ... ("PNWU officially takes the highest overall score.* We do not combine individual scores.") ...June 2012

This is actually the first I've heard of this. I was always under the impression all Osteopathic schools looked at your most recent MCAT score. Also, are you guys sure that NYCOM looks at composite scores and not the most recent?

This is actually the first I've heard of this. I was always under the impression all Osteopathic schools looked at your most recent MCAT score. Also, are you guys sure that NYCOM looks at composite scores and not the most recent?

I've read of schools taking your best score from each take but out of the schools I have contacted none seem to do this... I have not contacted every school though. Most seem to take your most recent score or your best overall score. I am curious if any of the schools still take your best sectional score