KCUMB Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
I can't recover my email with the secondary app and I can't find it online. I have an interview here Tuesday and I need to mail them the secd. beforehand.

Can someone either give me the link or post the questions so I can begin working on them.

....yes, i did email KCUMB, but that doesn't help me tonight.

Thanks

http://www.kcumb.edu/application/

http://www.kcumb.edu/supplemental/

good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the links Wonderboy.

Does anyone know if this school will get your LORs from Virtual Evals or do they need to be mailed in hard copy?

I received an email today for an interview on the 10th of March. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I can't recover my email with the secondary app and I can't find it online. I have an interview here Tuesday and I need to mail them the secd. beforehand.

Can someone either give me the link or post the questions so I can begin working on them.

....yes, i did email KCUMB, but that doesn't help me tonight.

Thanks

Resume; gaps in education?; military service; languages; research involment; felony conviction?; previous matriculation into professional school?; colleges attended; LOR writers;

KCUMB personal statement: discus why KCUMB, life experiences, why they should accept you, leadership roles, and uniqueness.

Good luck.

Does anyone know what percent of the interviewed medical students at KCUMB are accepted?:confused:

Does anyone know what percent of the interviewed medical students at KCUMB are accepted?:confused:
it's a high percentage. (i think the student ambassadors told us around 80%)
there's also something similar written either earlier in this thread or in the 2008-2009 one.

ps good luck on your interview :)

edit: found it in the 2008-2009 one
link here

Last edited:
it's a high percentage. (i think the student ambassadors told us around 80%)
there's also something similar written either earlier in this thread or in the 2008-2009 one.

ps good luck on your interview :)

edit: found it in the 2008-2009 one
link here

Thank you, Genesea! 87% is pretty high. I like when I get quality answers from "a beautiful godess."

glad it helped.
having interviewed not heard back yet, 87% does seem hopeful.
however, a rejection would be even more devastating with those kind of odds ><

glad it helped.
having interviewed not heard back yet, 87% does seem hopeful.
however, a rejection would be even more devastating with those kind of odds ><

I guess your right. How long ago did you interview?

I went ahead and paid my deposit for KCUMB. I will officially be joining KCUMB in 2014!!

How come there isn't a KCUMB Class of 2014 facebook group?

Best of luck to all of you still applying and I hope to see some of you in August in Kansas City!

interviewed just this past week. they told us we'd hear by the 28th.
it's nice to get such a quick decision. (hate being in limbo.)

tableux if there isn't one you could make one :)

I went ahead and paid my deposit for KCUMB. I will officially be joining KCUMB in 2014!!

How come there isn't a KCUMB Class of 2014 facebook group?

Best of luck to all of you still applying and I hope to see some of you in August in Kansas City!

Nothing on facebook yet, but there is a KCUMB class of 2014 in the Osteopathic Class Threads

interviewed just this past week. they told us we'd hear by the 28th.
it's nice to get such a quick decision. (hate being in limbo.)

tableux if there isn't one you could make one :)

I went ahead and created one.

Everyone that is on Facebook and will be attending KCUMB in August, please join KCUMB Class of 2014

I am the only one in the group so far and it feels pretty lonely!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called the school after interviewing to find out if they've been accepted?

Has anyone called the school after interviewing to find out if they've been accepted?

Yes, people have done this. And it apparently works (according to this thread). Did you interview on the 10th? If you call, let me know if the committee met last week or not!!!

Yes, people have done this. And it apparently works (according to this thread). Did you interview on the 10th? If you call, let me know if the committee met last week or not!!!

I called six days after my interview and they told me the good news.

Also:

We only have 3 people in the Facebook group: KCUMB Class of 2014

More people should join!

can anyone tell me how long i will have before i have to pay the deposit from the time of my hopeful acceptance? is it a set date, or is it a certain time from the notification.

I interviewed on February 10th and received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I called yesterday to see if they could tell me over the phone, but all the woman said when I asked her was "I don't know," when obviously a decision had already been made. Oh well. Pretty stoked.

Got an interview invite yesterday for March 16. Did anyone get one? How is interview day? Did anyone stay at the Holiday Inn that the school suggested with the shuttle to the school? So should I take the airport shuttle to the hotel and then the school's shuttle to the interview? Do the shuttles always drop by the hotel? Wow...I have lots of questions... :oops:

i stayed at the holiday inn and did the airport shuttle.

holiday inn
Pros: they pick you up in the morning and take you back
free breakfast
nice rooms

Cons: expensive

Shuttle: when you set up the shuttle you tell them where you are staying and they will come get you there at a schedule pick up time
pros: you have cheap transportation to the hotel and back
cons: depending on how many people it can take forever to get to the hotel and then get to the airport on the way back

can anyone tell me how long i will have before i have to pay the deposit from the time of my hopeful acceptance? is it a set date, or is it a certain time from the notification.

I got accepted this month and I have about 1 month to turn in my deposit. I don't know if it'll change but it definitely didn't follow what the CIB said

I interviewed on February 10th and received my acceptance letter in the mail today. I called yesterday to see if they could tell me over the phone, but all the woman said when I asked her was "I don't know," when obviously a decision had already been made. Oh well. Pretty stoked.

Are you from the KC area? Hopefully mine's coming in the mail today.

Are you from the KC area? Hopefully mine's coming in the mail today.

Yeah I'm about 45 minutes away from the school. The letter was dated February 15, but was probably mailed out Tuesday since Monday was President's Day.

No worries anymore! Accepted! WHAT'S UP PARTY PEOPLE?!

I interviewed this last Tuesday and was very impressed with the school. You have an orientation in the morning, a tour, lunch, and then your interview. I had two interviewers who were very nice and talked about my application. They like to ask bioethics questions as well, but just defend what your position is when they try to derail you. Overall, Kansas City has an awesome curriculum and a great medical community. I was very impressed.

i stayed at the holiday inn and did the airport shuttle.

holiday inn
Pros: they pick you up in the morning and take you back
free breakfast
nice rooms

Cons: expensive

Shuttle: when you set up the shuttle you tell them where you are staying and they will come get you there at a schedule pick up time
pros: you have cheap transportation to the hotel and back
cons: depending on how many people it can take forever to get to the hotel and then get to the airport on the way back

Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Aladdin one? There are a couple I think and I don't know which one Ms. Tracey Robertson was talking about. Or can you stay at any hotel in the area and arrange the shuttle to pick you up there? Are you talking about the school shuttle or airport shuttle separately? So confused. :eek: Maybe it will become clear once I get the packet. Thanks for your help retake! :)

Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Aladdin one? There are a couple I think and I don't know which one Ms. Tracey Robertson was talking about. Or can you stay at any hotel in the area and arrange the shuttle to pick you up there? Are you talking about the school shuttle or airport shuttle separately? So confused. :eek: Maybe it will become clear once I get the packet. Thanks for your help retake! :)

Hey, it is the Holiday Inn @ Westport. I interviewed on the 10th, so I was sort of confused before the whole thing. Definitely stay at the Holiday Inn or the other hotel they recommend, because they pick you up in the morning ~8ish, and bring you back. This is a school shuttle, and they will actually schedule your interviews first, to get everyone back to the shuttle at the same time. You will have to pay for the airport shuttle to the hotel, I think it is around $30 round trip, and $18 one way.

Just called today and gave up my acceptance so a spot will be opening. Just wanted to let you guys know who are waiting.

My secondaries weren't completed until late january and I haven't heard back at all. How long did it take for them to let you know if you were selected for an interview? Are there still spots available?

I turned my secondary in early January. And was scheduled for a March 4 interview on January 28, but I had to call KCUMB and talk with someone to ensure that my application file was complete. Because I haven't taken Biochem, they needed to know that I was in process of taking it or planning on taking it before they would consider me. So I told them I was planning on taking it (if necessary) and they emailed me about an interview a week later. So try calling to see what your status is.

I didn't turn in my secondary yet when I got an interview invite. I got the invite for March 16th on Feb. 16th. So there is still hope!

I heard that they still need to fill about 100 seats...!!!!

I heard that they still need to fill about 100 seats...!!!!

How did you hear about this? First of all, how do people actually hear about these "insider" things? :confused: I guess it is good news anyways. :)

How did you hear about this? First of all, how do people actually hear about these "insider" things? :confused: I guess it is good news anyways. :)

I simply asked :idea:admissions.

I was told pretty much the same thing when I interviewed a couple weeks ago. I wonder why this is the case...

Just got a letter of acceptance to Kansas City! Yeah!

Been reading the forums for awhile and decided to finally register and post...interviewed at KCUMB on 3/4 and waiting on a letter, fingers crossed!

I interviewed 3/4 and received an acceptance letter today in the mail!

that's weird, I interviewed 3/4 as well and just called KCUMB this morning and they said that the committee doesn't meet until tomorrow?

Accepted!! Interviewed 3/4.

Last edited:
I know I should have asked earlier... My interview is next week. Does anyone have any advice? How were the interview questions? Were they typical like "why do you want to become a doctor?" "what is the difference between MD and DO?" "why KCUMB?" Would they ask you how many interviews you have and which schools you have applied to? Did you guys find the interviews very nice, relaxed, and conversational? I hope so. :oops:

I know I should have asked earlier... My interview is next week. Does anyone have any advice? How were the interview questions? Were they typical like "why do you want to become a doctor?" "what is the difference between MD and DO?" "why KCUMB?" Would they ask you how many interviews you have and which schools you have applied to? Did you guys find the interviews very nice, relaxed, and conversational? I hope so. :oops:

I interviewed yesterday. It was pretty laid back and low stress. I was asked about the top three ethical issues. They also ask why DO and Why KCUMB not other schools. Other than that it was questions about my life and family. The school is very nice and the students who showed us the school knew their stuff.

Do not use Map Quest in KC, it will send you the wrong way. Stayed at the Holiday inn express, it was nice and had a sonic burgers next to it. The shuttle can pick you up for the interview in the morning. The hotel has a good breakfast. Good luck :luck:

If you have anymore questions let me know.