June 18, 2009 MCAT [8AM] Official

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ninjaSurgeon

I'll cut for free...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been around SDN for quite a while. I just decided to start a new username as my old one was meaningless to no one but me.

Although the scores are not up yet, I know us obsessed premeds would type away about our scores once we do get them.

This thread is intended for the 8AM exam. Please be mindful about the SDN policy concerning discussions on real MCATs.

Members don't see this ad.

Last year: PS10 VR6 BS12 28O

6/18/2009 8AM: PS14 VR9 BS12 35O

I'm so glad it's over for me. I didn't even finish the sciences (randomly guessed a few). Apparently it was hard for everyone.

Kinda disappointed that I didn't break a 10 on VR. Oh well, as long as it wasn't a 6.

Last year exam:

PS: 9
BS: 9
VR: 6

This year exam:
PS: 11
BS: 12

I don't know what to do to improve my Verbal reasoning. English is not my first language, and on top of that I read slowly. I need some advice from the forum, what should I do next?

Should I retake it again or simply apply and keep my fingers crossed?

VODKA

Last year exam:

PS: 9
BS: 9

This year exam:
BS: 12

I don't know what to do to improve my Verbal reasoning. English is not my first language, and on top of that I read slowly. I need some advice from the forum, what should I do next?

Should I retake it again or simply apply and keep my fingers crossed?

VODKA

English is not my first language either (hence the retake). A 6 in VR will make getting into MD schools really tough, unless you have a very special background (like learning English really late in life, international student, etc.) You should have no problem getting into a DO school.

If you believe you can do better don't mind waiting for a year, put 3 months into VR and 1 month into the sciences and try again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year:

VR: 06
BS: 10
WS: N

Now:

PS: 7
VR: 10
BS: 8
WS: O

I am absolutely gutted. I was averaging 9-11 on both PS and BS, and 6-9 on VR. I don't know what to do. I wish schools took the best of each section. That would be the only way I can see anything happening for me.

Last year:

VR: 06
BS: 10
WS: N

Now:

PS: 7
VR: 10
BS: 8
WS: O

I am absolutely gutted. I was averaging 9-11 on both PS and BS, and 6-9 on VR. I don't know what to do. I wish schools took the best of each section. That would be the only way I can see anything happening for me.

Some do, and you would have a 31O.