What medical schools should I apply to...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcm1545

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.7 GPA (science and non-science) and a 28Q on the MCAT (not great). I have tons of awards/honors, work experience, research experience, etc. (I filled up the page on AMCAS). I am about to submit my application and was wondering what schools you think I have a shot at. I don't want to waste my time with the schools I have not chance in. Thank you very much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a state school, apply there, if it's not too selective. If you have balanced MCAT subscores, consider: MSU, Tulane, GWU, EVMS, UVermont, USC, Drexel, UToledo, NYMC, Albany, Rush. I'd also apply to some DO schools.

If you have a state school, apply there, if it's not too selective. If you have balanced MCAT subscores, consider: MSU, Tulane, GWU, EVMS, UVermont, USC, Drexel, UToledo, NYMC, Albany, Rush. I'd also apply to some DO schools.
May want to replace Rush with Loyola if you're not an IL resident. Rush is private, but for some reason, still heavily favors in-staters (~70% in-state matriculants vs. over 75% are OOS applicants).