Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

se20001984

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Is there any excel files that calculate your chances for admission into DO schools based on gpa, mcat marks...similar to the files for MD?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

also, do DO schools take into account graduate gpa's when calculating ur cumulitive for admission??

i read this somewhere (a post here), but I have not been able to find a site that says this...can someone direct me?

I would really appreciate it thanks

the MD spreadsheet will include DO schools in the next version but as I have not been able to find all the data I need online I will likely end up leaving it to others to volunteer and input any data they have. The program itself will do the calculations once given the necessary data, though. Entries have been reserved for the DO entries.

as far as grad gpa, yes it matters but it cannot replace UG gpa

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to beat a dead horse..but with respect to grad gpa...

Iam wondering if DO schools actually combine your grad school marks with undergrad marks?

I know MD has a sperate column for this...but someone said for DO these marks are actually added to the cumulitive gpa...

is this true?

sorry to beat a dead horse..but with respect to grad gpa...

Iam wondering if DO schools actually combine your grad school marks with undergrad marks?

I know MD has a sperate column for this...but someone said for DO these marks are actually added to the cumulitive gpa...

is this true?

I really don't have time to look for it right now, but if you do an advanced search for my posts or look through last year's Application Questions thread, I posted a clip of an excel sheet that broke down all of the GPAs found in your AACOMAS app.

Maybe someone else can share theirs from this year.

This is the kind of thing that will be added to the FAQs. I just haven't had time yet.

This is from my application last year, I think you can get an idea of how they treat your graduate work...Hope this helps:
attachment.php

Notice the Overall section of the above image....Appears to combine them

attachment.php

Also combined above...

Attachments

• gradesimage.bmp
    44.8 KB · Views: 739
  • gradesimage2.bmp
    47 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
Holy ****!!

they combined both columns...as if it were like a seperate UG degree...

thats amazing!!...my 3.1 (with a sharp upward trend) + 4.0 MSc looks pretty good now...

did you do a research based or course based masters? Iam in research..and we have a total of 0.5 courses or 3 hrs/week for the degree(Iam canadian)..and this gets counted as full?

Iam also guessing that both those sheets were for different people?..coz the bio section was around 3.4 @ 79hrs while the cumgpa was around 2 for the other

Thanks again

From my last years application, I think you can get an idea of how they treat your graduate work...Hope this helps:
attachment.php

Notice the Overall section of the above image....Appears to combine them

attachment.php

Also combined above...

the above was for a research based masters in Microbiology, but in my program, the difference between a research and course based degree (MS/MA) was only like 6 credits (so, two non-lab based courses). And both of those were from my application, not two differnt people....The reason it looks odd is because the 2.88 Cum GPA was from my undergrad only, add in my graduate science GPA and its a 3.21 while the 79 hours of Bio/Zoo are from both Undergrad and graduate work.

Dont laugh at my Biochem gpa...its pretty sad. Thats why we dont sleep in biochem people!

Oh yeah, also keep in mind that they only seem to count like 3 or 6 hours of graduate research and probably Thesis hours (i only did 6 thesis hours) towards your graduate GPA. This is evident by the 22 Biology/Zoology hours that were not graded.

Last edited: