Has anyone heard from Oregon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crazy Hippos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received notification from Oregon that about their application status? I'm wondering if they received my stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent them an email the first week of October to confirm my package's receipt and was told that yes, they have it.

Other than that, haven't heard anything.

They're very friendly though--if you aren't sure they got the packet, pop them an email or a quick phone call. They've responded to all my "dumb" questions within 24 hours at the absolute latest. I think Holly Bell is the one you need to ask.

Yeah me too. I emailed to check up on my application materials. They replied within a day.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from Oregon State today letting me know my application is complete.

They only interview in-state students right? Has anyone seen statistics on how many students applied etc?

Good Luck to all of you! Oregon is another WICHE school, I would have applied, but they require animal nutrition and it is not offered at my school and I did not have the $ to take it elsewhere. I wish all of you the best of luck!! :luck:

I received an email from Oregon State today letting me know my application is complete.

They only interview in-state students right? Has anyone seen statistics on how many students applied etc?

Correct, only in-state students are interviewed.

Oregon scared the crap out of me today! I got home after being away for the holidays, and there's this skinny little white envelope sitting in my mailbox. I thought for sure it was a rejection--completely forgot they sent out hard copies of the "application complete" letter!

My heartbeat still hasn't slowed down. Jeez!

WOW! I just received an e-mail that I've been accepted into Oregon State! I'm also getting a $1000 scholarship!!!

The supplemental app was a killer, so I seriously can't believe this!

Hope more of you SDN'ers get great news soon!

zuneski - were you a WICHE applicant?
cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
zuneski - were you a WICHE applicant?
cheers

Yes, I did apply for WICHE but I'm pretty sure at this point that I didn't get the WICHE funding. :/ Not completely sure though.

Oregon is interviewing in staters this week actually. Out of staters - I don't know. I've heard all sorts of things about when they accept/reject out of state students.

OK-I just have to throw this out there to see if anyone has any new info...

Anyone know what the status of OOS applications are? Any new acceptances received since the first wave? Any wait-lists or rejections?? I'm dying here!!

Also, congrats to all in-staters who had interviews last week! Hope they all went smoothly!

<p>I called Friday and they are going through our OOS applications and will notify us by late March. That's all the info I got. So basically wait in agony for another month. ;-)</p>

Thanks so much for calling Oilidigigoat! Was getting stressed out enough that I was about to do it myself! :xf:Waiting in agony right along with you!

interviewees are supposed to be finding out sometime this week from what I've heard

I have an update for those of you still waiting to hear. OSU started sending e-mails last week, so I hope everyone in here finds out what their status is soon! I was placed on the OOS alternate list :(
So on a similar note... anyone accepted planning to decline?? :D

So, I just talked to Holly Bell, (SOOOOOO nice) and she told me they are doing applications in batches so they've sent out some acceptances, some waitlists and some rejections. She's e-mailing those who get acceptances but those with rejections get only snail mail because its less painful.

Also, they hope to be done with everything by the end of March AND if you guys ever want to contact Holly, she says you should feel free, either by e-mail or by phone. SOOOO Nice.

Best of luck to all!!

Any news from Oregon today??

Because I've called and e-mailed so many times already I am sure Holly has a filter on just for me!!

then try and wait patiently. :) i know it's hard, but starting multiple threads/posting on different threads, asking if anyone has heard from oregon daily, won't speed up the process. we are all in this together. unfortunately some schools send out notifications really early while others send out notifications really late. it's definitely irritating and stressful, but it'll work out! good luck. you'll find out something soon enough!

then try and wait patiently. :) i know it's hard, but starting multiple threads/posting on different threads, asking if anyone has heard from oregon daily, won't speed up the process. we are all in this together. unfortunately some schools send out notifications really early while others send out notifications really late. it's definitely irritating and stressful, but it'll work out! good luck. you'll find out something soon enough!

I was under the impression that mystic had already heard, and now is desperate to know if s/he'll get called off the waitlist, and that's what all the questions are about.

I was under the impression that mystic had already heard, and now is desperate to know if s/he'll get called off the waitlist, and that's what all the questions are about.

You're right lol I'm trying to find out if people have heard and are planning to turn down their offer

lol i didn't know, but i just remember seeing the username asking about oregon state a lot. :) either way...be patient mystic, stressing out and over-posting to find out if someone is giving up their seat at oregon isn't going to do much. there is a "turned down offers" thread and if anyone on here turns down an Oregon State offer, they'll more than likely let you know on there. not to mention there is a small OSU population represented on here so if things DO change, you might not know from this forum anyway. simma down now. ;)

Rejected. Today. There's news.

for all of you waiting to hear from OSU about getting off the alternate list, my advisor says we might be hearing back by the end of the month! thought it might bring comfort to some of you :)

for all of you waiting to hear from OSU about getting off the alternate list, my advisor says we might be hearing back by the end of the month! thought it might bring comfort to some of you :)

Thanks for the update. Are you an undergrad at OSU? Did your advisor say why he/she thought is would be by the end of the month?

Thanks for the update. Are you an undergrad at OSU? Did your advisor say why he/she thought is would be by the end of the month?

Yeah, I'm an undergrad at OSU. He just said they seem to be processing things faster this year!

Anyone have any news about the waitlist? I'm on the waitlist and haven't heard anything. I'm taking that as a bad sign.

I'm on the waitlist too and have not heard anything either. You can try e-mailing Holly, I already did about 3 weeks ago and still no news.

I'm on the waitlist too and have not heard anything either. You can try e-mailing Holly, I already did about 3 weeks ago and still no news.

She's nice but I haven't found her helpful at the least. I get only vague answers to my questions. I've read posts from other people that are on the waitlist at other schools and they give them regular updates, tell them their rank, etc. Makes OSU look sort of amateurish.

just so you know, not all school's rank their waitlist...I actually don't know our policy here at Oregon, but I know at WSU as spots open up, they reevaluate to find the best match for that spot.

She's nice but I haven't found her helpful at the least. I get only vague answers to my questions. I've read posts from other people that are on the waitlist at other schools and they give them regular updates, tell them their rank, etc. Makes OSU look sort of amateurish.

I agree with you. Even though people on the alternate list are not ranked, I wish we were at least told how many people are on the actual list or something about the waitlist being reviewed. I e-mailed Holly about it and she seemed mad at me for wanting to know if they had even started the reviewing process!!! I know of at least 3 OOS students who turned down their positions so there HHHAAAASSS to be something going on. It's stupid they don't say anything like its a big secret. :boom::boom:

I can tell you that they still have at least one more student listed as incoming than we have in our class. All schools overfill, knowing that people will end up backing out. So, it's likely that at least 2 more people will need to give up their spots before they start pulling people off the waitlist. But, there is still lots of time for that to happen...classes here don't start till mid-september. So don't give up hope.

oh alright, thank you ORvetgirl :) your post was more helpful than Holly has been through this process :/

Agreed. Thanks. It's frustrating because they wouldn't even tell me a general timeline of events. This being the first time I've applied, I have no idea of what to expect.

ORvetgirl, may I ask how you're privy to this information?

I know the process is frustrating, but keep in mind that Holly is new to this position this year...the woman who had been doing it for years retired. She's actually super nice. It's against their policy to tell you more than you've already been told.

I'm a member of the class of 2013, so I've been through the process before...we're on the quarter system, so things move on a different timeline here. All universities, not just vet schools, accept more than they actually have room for because people end up accepting other offers. Be patient though--lots of people in my class came off the waitlist, myself and my roommate included. Like I said before, classes here don't start till mid-September...and they can call you off the waitlist right up until that start date. Just in case, though, I'd start figuring out a back-up plan.

How long were you on the waitlist/when did you get accepted?

I came off the waitlist in late April/early May...I don't remember the exact date, sorry. I know my roommate didn't come off the list till closer till the end of May. She thinks that right around now is when things seem to start moving more.

again thank you for your help!! if you happen to hear anything about more people turning their offers down I would very much appreciate if you could share :)

sounds like another person might have dropped...