Official MCG acceptance thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildBill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mrs. P called at 6:00 p.m. and said my acceptance letter was in the mail.

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

well congrats to you and everyone else that gets in!

Last year, everyone was not called. I only knew of one person that was called. Usually the people who get called, have family or connections with the school.

Last year, most people didn't find out until a week or so via certified mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, everyone was not called. I only knew of one person that was called. Usually the people who get called, have family or connections with the school.

Last year, most people didn't find out until a week or so via certified mail.

there are plenty of people that get called on dec 1. there are waves of acceptances following that date via cert mail.

*i was called and didn't know anyone at the school prior :cool:

I guess the question is why do they call? After our interview they said they would not call, but that the next time we heard from them would be a letter (certified or reg. mail). It seemd in the past the calls were placed to either 1) confirm mailing address or 2) gauge the candidates interest in attending MCG versus other schools where they may have been accepted. OR they just call a certain percentage to keep it all a mystery. Thoughts?

I guess the question is why do they call? After our interview they said they would not call, but that the next time we heard from them would be a letter (certified or reg. mail). It seemd in the past the calls were placed to either 1) confirm mailing address or 2) gauge the candidates interest in attending MCG versus other schools where they may have been accepted. OR they just call a certain percentage to keep it all a mystery. Thoughts?

Torture?

Sure feels like it. Although I am sure this time of year is no picnic for the Ad Comm's and folks at the Admissions Office.

Daviddav, how did you decide to go to UAB over MCG? I got into UAB as well and I'm having trouble making the decision.

^^ exactly. i asked Mrs. P today

dec 1 acceptances are part of the "for sure accepted group". some individuals will still be reviewed and letters mailed accordingly

^^ exactly. i asked Mrs. P today

dec 1 acceptances are part of the "for sure accepted group". some individuals will still be reviewed and letters mailed accordingly

Did Mrs. P offer any insight to the burning question of whether everyone mailed an acceptance on Dec 1st was called?

Hey, I got accepted to MCG:). Did anyone interview on oct 30th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mrs. P called at 6:00 p.m. and said my acceptance letter was in the mail.

Anyone else?

Have you received your packet in the mail yet? I haven't been called but hoping for good news.

so is everyone here who got accepted to MCG going to accept the offer or are you still debating between other schools?

Dr. H called this morning (Dec 3) to congratulate and say acceptance went out by certified mail on Dec 1. I initially apologized for missing her call, and she said that was ok, she was expecting "a lot of callbacks." I take this to mean she may be calling other acceptees.

Package arrived the next day, certified (so someone has to sign for it or they leave a slip you can sign for next-day delivery).

Last edited:
so should we assume that if we havent gotten a call, we arent in the first round of acceptances?

Hey everyone, congrats on your acceptance to MCG!! I'm interested in applying there for the 2011 round (c/o 2015). I was wondering if my GPA is competitive enough for MCG, as I will be out of state.

What GPA did you guys have? DAT scores?

Congrats again!

so should we assume that if we havent gotten a call, we arent in the first round of acceptances?

I wouldn't say that. 65 some-odd people is a lot to call; it's not like they hire an extra person to sit on the phone all day. Plus, this was two days after bill got his call, so they may be spread out.

Hey everyone, congrats on your acceptance to MCG!! I'm interested in applying there for the 2011 round (c/o 2015). I was wondering if my GPA is competitive enough for MCG, as I will be out of state.

Congrats again!
dont mean to burst your bubble, but MCG wont even accept applications from out of state applicants. sorry.

Congrats again!

The class of 2013 (so last year's entering)...

DAT: 18.0(AA)/19.2(PA), GPA: 3.56, SciGPA: 3.52

And yes, Georgia residents only.

Has anyone else been accepted so far that did not receive a phone call / just learn through snail mail? Should I start worrying yet?

Do you think they have reviewed the files of those who interviewed Nov.13th?

Has anyone thought of calling the school to inquire about their status?
A little scary though!

Dr. Hanes called me today around 3!

She said the mail should come in sometime next week..

So don't fret!

Dr. H called me today around 3:30 as well!:D Said I should be expecting an acceptance packet on Monday or Tuesday. I should've asked if they plan on calling everybody, it looks like it. Good luck everyone!

is it safe to assume a rejection if we have not yet heard back from mcg?

Yea of the many rumors I've heard, the most plausible (from a friend of a friend who said they talked to Dr. H haha) seems to be that half of the class has been mailed acceptances. They're supposedly meeting today to make further decisions and another wave of acceptances will go out this week. The majority of people should hear decisions one way or the other within the next week or so. So it's not safe to assume that if you haven't gotten an acceptance yet that it means you're rejected so cheer up! Good luck on finals everyone :)

okay sweet..i'm having trouble getting focused for finals because of all this uncertainty. good luck everyone.

I called the school today. Regarding the question of whether they are calling everyone that is being accepted..they are not. We should hear something one way or the other next week.

I called the school today. Regarding the question of whether they are calling everyone that is being accepted..they are not. We should hear something one way or the other next week.

That's interesting...so how do they decide who to call?

I got a call earlier today (around 4:00) from Dr. H. I guess she wanted to let people know about their news as soon as she could. She told me that packets should be arriving on Wed. or Thurs of this week. Good luck everybody!!

P.S. - My younger brother got in, too, so we're going to be classmates!

Congratulations to the both of you! Would you mind me asking when your interview was?

I received a call from Dr. Hanes on Sunday, looks like I'll be in Augusta in the Fall! My interview was on Oct. 30th, as well. There is one other person in that group, as far as I know, who has been accepted.

Has anyone who interviewed Nov 13th been accepted to MCG yet?

Any news anyone? I heard that they are done with their decisions and mailing everything out this week. We should know before Christmas! Lets hope we all have a Merry one. Hopefully they've all ready mailed their rejection letters and all that's left is alternate list and accepted. Let us know when you are getting things in the mail. Anyone been wait listed yet?
Good Luck Everyone

If you are waitlisted? how long does it take? Should you know something by January? This is agonizing!

If you are waitlisted? how long does it take? Should you know something by January? This is agonizing!

I know someone that was wait listed all year last year and never got in. Pretty grueling process. they say that you could find out a week before classes start. Pretty much if someone in the class drops out you take their spot.

Got the call from Ms Perry on Friday. In there!

has anyone gotten in mcg and is going else where? i am on the waitlist would like to get in -- gift for dad---so if you are not going to mcg please,please call them today (please do not hold a space if you know mcg is not for you- thanks)----several of us would love a bright christmas!!!!!! what do you think my chances are--how many waitlist got in last year?

has anyone gotten in mcg and is going else where? i am on the waitlist would like to get in -- gift for dad---so if you are not going to mcg please,please call them today (please do not hold a space if you know mcg is not for you- thanks)----several of us would love a bright christmas!!!!!! what do you think my chances are--how many waitlist got in last year?

I was wondering the same thing... I too am Waitlisted! Would love to know how many that were waitlisted last year actually got in?

For those of you who are waitlisted, how did you find out?

Also, has anyone been rejected yet?

I am starting to freak out now!!!!!!!!!!

I think they waitlist 20-30 people a year. I read somewhere else in this forum that they usually pull about 10 people off the waitlist. They also look at stats/diversity for the school. For example, if a female has been offered an acceptance, but declined, a female applicant would be pulled off the waitlist.

Good luck to you guys!