UNC Dental School Hopefuls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks, that's a relief...I would like to try to go the the social. What time was yours?

Members don't see this ad.

thanks, that's a relief...I would like to try to go the the social. What time was yours?

It was from 6:30 to 8:00. You don't have to show up at 6:30, but if you can get there before 8, you'd be able to talk to a few of the current students and get their advice on the interview and what they think of the school.

will the interview information/packet come via email or regular mail? i have a Nov 6 interview and wasn't sure whether i should be worried about not having it yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Via email. I can't exactly remember how long after you receive the initial email for the interview invite.

I got the email packet right after I sent my confirmation email about the interview

does anyone happen to know what date UNC will be sending out their december acceptances? i know they rarely do it on Dec 1st like other schools

I just called the school and was told that the first three interview groups (Sept., Oct., and Nov.) all could be notified in Dec. (first group of acceptances) or Jan (second group of acceptances).

I did not get specifics on the exact day in Dec., but I'm sure they do it in a timely fashion (early Dec.)

Last edited:
I just called the school...***they don't bite***....was told that the first three interview groups (Sept., Oct., and Nov.) all could be notified in Dec. (first group of acceptances) or Jan (second group of acceptances).

I did not get specifics on the exact day in Dec., but I'm sure they do it in a timely fashion (early Dec.)

Are they finished with all their interviews this year?

Are they finished with all their interviews this year?

They have a final group slot of interviews in Jan...I am not sure how or if they work out individual interviews beyond Jan.

You could simply call the school and ask to get further clarification on your question. Good Luck!

does anyone happen to know what date UNC will be sending out their december acceptances? i know they rarely do it on Dec 1st like other schools

I thought they said to me that they would send them out on the first business day of December.

They told me at my interview that they will send out half of their acceptances on December 1st, or right around then, and then the other half on february 1st. If you are not accepted December 1st, it is not completely over. You are tossed back into the pile and reconsidered again for the february 1st acceptance date.

According to their website (public information), the admissions committee will be meeting the morning of December 1st. I'm assuming they'll be making calls that day or the days following.

According to last year's thread, UNC made phone calls on Dec 2nd to those that were offered the first set of acceptances. The second set of acceptances goes out early Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to their website (public information), the admissions committee will be meeting the morning of December 1st. I'm assuming they'll be making calls that day or the days following.

where on the website does it say that? i know on the admissions calendar it says the committee meets december but i've never seen an exact date anywhere

where on the website does it say that? i know on the admissions calendar it says the committee meets december but i've never seen an exact date anywhere

Under the DDS admissions information, there is a link that is called 'timeline' or something

Under the DDS admissions information, there is a link that is called 'timeline' or something

It's accurate. The committee is meeting on Dec 1. The meeting starts at 8, and it usually runs until 2 or 3. Selected candidates are typically notified the next day. Half the seats are offered. The rest of the seats are offered around Feb 1. If you're really hoping for an acceptance, and you get no call, don't start sweating it until after the beginning of February.

Best of luck to all.

My status on AADSAS switched from invited for interview back to recieved/under review after my interview... anyone else have that happen?

My status on AADSAS switched from invited for interview back to recieved/under review after my interview... anyone else have that happen?

Yeah I believe that happens to everybody after they interview.

Does anyone have an idea of when the admissions committee is meeting? :)

Right now until 2 or 3 this afternoon. Refer to sarah bellum's post a few posts up.

Right now until 2 or 3 this afternoon. Refer to sarah bellum's post a few posts up.

wonder how many people that get accepted today already got good news from ECU?

It will be interesting to see.

ah thanks! I read that a while back but completely forgot! Good luck everyone :)

Good luck to all..
Good day for me so far..ECU Offer...but "nothin could be finer than to be at Carolina"....

does anyone know if we'll be notified if we're not being considered until next cycle? Or are we just supposed to assume if we don't get a call we're pushed...

does anyone know if we'll be notified if we're not being considered until next cycle? Or are we just supposed to assume if we don't get a call we're pushed...

in past years it's always just been call or no call. they don't notify you if you aren't getting accepted this time round. but they only accept half of their class today/tomorrow.

so i realize this is a little early to be asking, but anyone heard from UNC yet? if you have, please post!

Hi everyone! I just received the call from UNC!!!! I'm in!!! To everyone still waiting...keep your heads up...This is my third year applying!!!

I just got the call!!!!!!!! p.s. Those of you waiting...stay strong..if you don't get the call there is still January...hang in there!!!

Lol, now all you folks that got the call from UNC , run along and call ECU and tell them you aren't interested in going there....:laugh:

Congrats to everyone, the wait is finally over!

in state, originally from upstate SC but have lived in NC for almost two years now

got the call for UNC! Good luck to all the other candidates out there!

I got the call!!!!!!! :love:UNC:love: I'm a Tar Heel!!!!! Good luck to those that haven't heard and congratulations to future classmates!

I got the call!!!!!!! :love:UNC:love: I'm a Tar Heel!!!!! Good luck to those that haven't heard and congratulations to future classmates!

congrats man...truly happy for you, us non-trads gotta stick together!...maybe my speculation was right after all! :rolleyes:

i really wanted to go to unc, but no status changes since september :(

Just got into UNC! I am an out of state applicant! Going there for sure!:D

no call for me..
Being a Wisconsin resident is not very beneficial when applying to dental schools lol

accepted to UNC
received phone call about 45 min ago

does anybody know if they're still making calls?

congrats to all that got in. Hopefully they still have some calls tomorrow.

Got the call from Terri At 3:30 what a great Day! 4 yrs of work finally has paid off!

yeah, you and me both. Hoping to hear about a Jan interview in a couple weeks.

Do you know the date of the Jan interviews? Figured I may as well start countin down again, lol.

Many congrats to everyone who made it first round. I know its gotta be a dream come true and then some.

I believe the Jan date is the 8th