University at Buffalo Residency Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tabasco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Buffalo and Rochester

Buffalo- It was their first interview day for the year. PD very nice, relaxed, low key. Went to tour two hospitals which are their primary sites. both relatively old, there are talks about refurbishing but nothing happening yet. They have some impressive research - we were shwown some of their transportation injury research, regarding injury to the driver due to unbelted passenger in the back. Thay have an amazing ultrasound program, taught by he guy who wrote the book on US in ED. Very interesting telemedicine program for all the prisons in NY state. Residents seemed nice and happy with the program. One of the interviews was a bit odd, with the lady somewhat fixated on the chronology of some of my CV stuff - quite unusual and complicated, indeed, but irrelevant to the app. Interesting question: What do you think is the most signifuicant challenge facing EM? Lots of why EM, of course - getting tired of that one - and of where do you see yourself in five years. I'm still wondering what they are trying to get out of me. Let me know if you figure out, anyone.

Rochester - nice city, safe, low traffic, low value real estate, half an hour to lake Ontario, lots of snow. Very, very informal presentations in the resident's lounge, by the chief of the dpt - only woman I met in this position and by the PD. New ED, very large - to 100K/yer, expanding, awsome curricullum, basically no floors, all directed to EM residents learning. Nice progression of responsibilities throughout the three years, very supportive environment for residents, flexible and responsive to their needs. Residents were nice too, very low key, great bantering in between them, lots of fun. I really liked this place. Oh, interesting question: What's the most extravagant thing you've ever done? Interviewers very nice, down to earth, no stress. Of course, why EM and where do you see youself in five years...

That's it for now. Baystate, anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

hello!

I was just wondeirng, did the program coordinator or program director send you an email about the interview day for both Buffalo and Rochester? I was just wondering if they did that. If they did, please feel free to share any info as you would like.

thanks!!

hello!

I was just wondeirng, did the program coordinator or program director send you an email about the interview day for both Buffalo and Rochester? I was just wondering if they did that. If they did, please feel free to share any info as you would like.

thanks!!

that original post was nine years ago

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP: can anyone comment on UB who has recently completed or is now attending residency here?