How many weeks to get CK and CS Results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitz2006

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to plan out my 2011 summer, in time for 2012 match applications.

Just wondering, when I do CK and CS next year, how many weeks will it take to get the results back?

I've heard 3 weeks...is this true? Is this true for both CK and CS?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Cheers man,

Very helpful!

Although I just checked the link you sent...I believe CK and CS is both on the third wednesday? Don't think it should take as much as 3 months??? I hope not at least!

For CK, my understanding is that reporting occurs on the third Wednesday from your test.

For CS, it can be as much as 3 months from your test. They actually post dates that your score will return:
http://www.usmle.org/examinations/step2/step2cs_reporting.html

Last edited:
Depends on when you take the exam. For example, I know someone that took the CS on November 8. Because they took the exam when they did, the results won't come back until February 2. Pretty much 3 months. If he had taken it just 2 days earlier, the results would have been back on December 8. Just 1 month.

More often than not, your results will come out on day 1 of the scheduled reporting period. So it's somewhat to your benefit to take your exam later in the testing period.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks again,

So I was on the site: http://www.usmle.org/examinations/step2/step2cs_reporting.html#r2011

and I'm looking at doing the test May 15-July 16, which gives a reporting period of Aug.17-Sept.14.

So I'm assuming that the scores HAVE to be released by Sept.14th, no?

Because I need to apply next year for match, so I definitley need my scores by mid-Sept....

Also, is this CS reporting period the same as CK? Or is CK on a totally different schedule? Because on the site, there is no mention of CK reporting periods...

You can almost assuredly expect your score to be reported on August 17. A few people get their scores later, but that usually arises as a result of some kind of issue that comes up with the testing center. But yes, your score would most certainly be released by September 14.

CK doesn't have reporting periods, mainly because its grading system is different (more automated). As a result, its reporting pattern is more like that of Step 1. You wait 3 weeks, and on that Wednesday your score gets reported.

Very helpful, thank you!

You can almost assuredly expect your score to be reported on August 17. A few people get their scores later, but that usually arises as a result of some kind of issue that comes up with the testing center. But yes, your score would most certainly be released by September 14.

CK doesn't have reporting periods, mainly because its grading system is different (more automated). As a result, its reporting pattern is more like that of Step 1. You wait 3 weeks, and on that Wednesday your score gets reported.