****Official Acceptance at the University of Michigan C/O 2015*******

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jade2007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Everyone!!! Can't wait to meet you all!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted as well. Congrats everyone! I haven't heard from the 3 other schools I interviewed at pre-dec and have 1 interview planned for next week at NYU but I'm curious to know/see how many of you have already decided, upon getting accepted, to attend U Mich. Anyone? May I ask what your reasons are for having U Mich at the top of your respective lists?

Last edited:
Got the call this morning. Pretty stoked.

I've been accepted as well. Congrats everyone! I haven't heard from the 3 other schools I interviewed at pre-dec and have 1 interview planned for next week at NYU but I'm curious to know/see how many of you have already decided, upon getting accepted, to attend U Mich. Anyone? May I ask what your reasons are for having U Mich at the top of your respective lists?

I visited the dental school a few times before I applied, and fell in love. Plus, you can't hate the fact that its very well-known dental school!! So excited to start!!!

My biggest question now is....where does everyone live, and how are you finding roommates???

Yessssss. So excited to go here!! :D July can't come fast enough...I guess until it actually gets here, and we are all wishing we were back in our easy undergraduate classes. ;)

But I have lived in Michigan my whole life, and I've wanted to go to the University of Michigan forever. I couldn't afford to go for undergrad, so I'm thrilled to go for dental school...even though it's even more expensive!!

And I have no idea about how to go about finding roommates or really anything else that we might need to know about Ann Arbor/dental school. I have some friends at U of M right now, so I might ask them what they think, but other than that...nothing! I'm open to any and all ideas!!

Looking forward to meeting the rest of the 2015 class! :)

Congrats to everyone!

I went to U of M for undergrad and mostly the "off campus" housing(housing not affiliated to the university but remotely very close) is mostly undergrads. I have some friends in their dental school right now who live in those areas which isn't that great but could be deemed as pricy(upwards near $550-$650 in rent) If you want to live in a little more fancy place on campus you'd be paying A LOT more. Ann Arbor is kind of a pricy place, but no where near the likes of say New York City or Boston. I have a friend who is a D1 right now who lives far off campus, but takes the bus in(its free as long as you have your Umich ID, MCard), pays a lot less in rent and its a lot nicer too for what its worth.

I'm also open to any ideas!! I need a roommate, and I'd like to live close to the dental school, at least close enough to take the bus to school and not drive.

So, if anyone knows of a website or a phone number to different apts in Ann Arbor please let me know! And if someone needs a roommate too let me know!

Hi everyone :) Congratulations! I got accepted to University of Michigan and its definitely one of my top choices. Having a hard time deciding between it and a few other schools so if you have anything to say about why you chose Michigan over anywhere else it would really help me!

Thanks guys!

I'm also open to any ideas!! I need a roommate, and I'd like to live close to the dental school, at least close enough to take the bus to school and not drive.

So, if anyone knows of a website or a phone number to different apts in Ann Arbor please let me know! And if someone needs a roommate too let me know!

I went to Michigan for undergrad and I'm still waiting to hear back on whether or not I'm accepted (I was Nov 19th interview group and shouldn't hear for a while which sucks) but this is a good map of campus http://ns.umich.edu/Maps/ccamp72_7-5.gif

most med and dent students live in what's called the "white coat district" it encompasses everything from Washington to Catherine and over to Washtenaw. So when you look for something I would aim toward this area. It's an easy walk and on the opposite side of campus from most undergrads. Michigan's campus doesn't have many apartment complexes or buildings... it's mainly just houses that people rent together or houses that are converted into apartments.

I was Nov 19th interview group and shouldn't hear for a while which sucks

So they give acceptances out based on when one interviewed? If true, when did those who received an acceptance yesterday interview?

So they give acceptances out based on when one interviewed? If true, when did those who received an acceptance yesterday interview?

No. They told the people who interviewed on Nov 19th that we wouldn't hear on Dec 1st because there wasn't enough time for them to make a decision. With Thanksgiving break they only had like 4 business days between the interview and decision day. They said we would hear "soon after"

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you remember if UoM said we can bring our own laptop with minimum system requirements instead of buying one from school? That's what I thought but can't quite remember..

Do any of you remember if UoM said we can bring our own laptop with minimum system requirements instead of buying one from school? That's what I thought but can't quite remember..

I do remember they said you could have a mac so that would not surprise me at all if you were allowed to do so...

Oh, and CONGRATS EVERYONE!! hahaha what an awesome feeling!

I am also in the lucky boat of having a few acceptances and have appreciated some peoples responses as to why this school is number one for them, so thank you! If there are any out of staters that think this way, please explain as I would love to hear it! Otherwise, I'm back to doin research on the schools haha congrats again everyone!
(Oct 1st interview)

I do remember they said you could have a mac so that would not surprise me at all if you were allowed to do so...

Oh, and CONGRATS EVERYONE!! hahaha what an awesome feeling!

I am also in the lucky boat of having a few acceptances and have appreciated some peoples responses as to why this school is number one for them, so thank you! If there are any out of staters that think this way, please explain as I would love to hear it! Otherwise, I'm back to doin research on the schools haha congrats again everyone!
(Oct 1st interview)
Do you remember if we can bring a PC laptop? I'm not mac friendly at all and I don't want to learn it either.

Do you remember if we can bring a PC laptop? I'm not mac friendly at all and I don't want to learn it either.

All I remember is that the lap tops could be PC or MAC, I do want to clarify that i do not remember if we were able to bring our own, or had to buy them from the school like many other schools do...

and CONGRATS! haha

I interviewed Oct 15.

As for housing, my friend that is at law school there showed me a couple nice spots (apartment buildings with nice units running 800-900 a month) that seemed a lot better than aforementioned homes converted to individual units. If I do end up choosing to attend Mich, I will be flying out there sometime in feb-april to do the whole housing search if anyone wants to make a nice little weekender out of it.

So, are you all just going to find a one bedroom and live alone, or try to find a roommate??

Last edited:
Are most of you from Michigan?

Last edited:
So, are you all just going to find a one bedroom and live alone, or try to find a roommate??
Jade, I just accepted at UMich and I was thinking about trying to find a roommate (I would rather not live alone). I was not sure how to get in contact with other people since I am in California. I found a facebook group and thought that might be helpful...
Congratulations everyone!! I couldn't be more excited

I have a friend who went to UM for undergrad and he's taking me up to campus tomorrow (I am from toledo, oh like 45 min drive) to look at some places that he is going to recommmend. I requested to be in that fb group so I will post some places and info on there when I get in haha. I am still figuring if I am going to live w a roommate or 2 so it will prolly depend on what I find. I think it would be cool to live w another D1 though.

I was interviewed on October 15 and accepted on Dec 1. I don't know if that helps anyone...

Let me know if you find anything worth while when you visit Ann Arbor. Oh, and congrads to everyone that has been accepted to University of Michigan School of Dentistry Class of 2015......

Just got a call from Tracy today! I was in the Oct. 1st AM group!

YEEEA just gotta call this morning. i was in oct 1st pm group!

I got accepted today. I was Oct 1st group.

I missed the call from Tracy! :eek::mad:

I'll have to call back on Monday now :(

Heard from Tracy today a 12 PST with an acceptance. I am thrilled and honored, however, heard from my state school and top choice UW also at 4 PST with another ACCEPTANCE!!!!

So excited and you Michigan hopefuls should be too as that will most likely be another spot for you guys to compete for!

Good luck!

I just got in today as well! interview date was oct 22nd

now im confused on what to doooo....

I declined Michigan. Best of luck to everyone on the wait list or waiting for acceptance there! :xf::luck:

I have an interview tomorrow at U of M. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I interviewed with the 1/10/11 group and got my acceptance call on Feb. 1 :)

First of all, congrats to everyone who is gonna enter class of 2015.
I would like to know what I need to do before school starts.
I really can't find information about all requirements I need to do prior to go to school. I know I have to send 4 required forms and original college transcript. But is there anything else I need to do? Please help me!!!

Did anybody who interviewed on January 21st hear back from U. of M. yet?

Hey! Congratulations Everyone!!!!!!!! wahoo! this is going to be a blast! U of M has such great school spirit and pride...i can't wait! I didn't see one, but we should start a facebook group for our class. This way we can start to meet each other and figure out where to live/roommates! Let me know if anyone gets a chance to make one, or if there already is!

As far as I know.... deposit, forms/vaccinations, and FAFSA.... eventually we have to get a background check done. I think next we get info on financial aid stuff from them at the end of March. I think that's it!

Hey guys, I know this is kind of random but if you are a guy, my husband is looking for a roommate next year. He is a chemical engineering PhD student and he lives in a condo off of Platt (Williamsburg Commons) that we bought that is 15 min from campus (drive). I was originally going to move in with him and go to U of M for dental school but turns out, that was not in my cards. It is a really nice community with young families, older people, and some graduate students. We charge $400 in rent (not including utilities). PM me if you are interested...any of you guys for that matter.

First of all, congratulations to all of you guys. You will all love Michigan. I am currently a 4th year dental student at the U of M. If any of you are looking for a place for next year, my wife and just put our condo up on the market. You can check it out here

http://www.reinhartrealtors.com/find_a_home/9063184/2875_BARCLAY_WAY_ANN_ARBOR_MI_48105

We have absolutely loved out place and are very sad to leave it. It is perfect for a dental student. Most of the people that live around here are graduate students or residents. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

hey i just got accepted to the class of 2015 and i'm looking for D1 roommates, shoot me a private message if you're interested! i found a few places already and am going out to AA next weekend to check them out! :)

So i got an offer of acceptance today from Maryland. I've already been accepted to Michigan. So, why should I stay with Michigan? thoughts?

So i got an offer of acceptance today from Maryland. I've already been accepted to Michigan. So, why should I stay with Michigan? thoughts?

and why should you go to Maryland?

Michigan has great faculty members, research opportunities, technology, and I think the new curriculum with its pathways is great! I also liked their simlab compared to other schools I interviewed at.

Both schools are great, so good luck deciding!

Both are great schools. For me a big factor to decide between schools has been cost, unless one school stands out as significantly better suited for me. In the end you'll have your DDS from each school. If you'll be in-state for either school I'd go to that one. If not I'd go to the cheaper school. All these posts about the debt trap of dental school haven't made me reconsider dentistry but my perspective has changed, especially because the cost difference will be compounded for me since I'll be paying with student loans. Good luck deciding!