**2011 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be a bit premature, but with the need for a dose of optimism, I thought it would be nice to turn my focus towards acceptances!

So...fingers crossed everybody...let's hope we all hear some good news soon!

~If you PM me, please include the type of program, date the offer was extended, and who you heard from (POI, admin coordinator, etc.) so that I can keep the list as complete as possible. Thanks!

Also, someone suggested adding info about your decisions (declined, accepted, or still deciding); so if you would like to PM that as well, I will add it to the list too.

Acceptances

Clinical PhD:
Adelphi (Mass email on 3/16)
Alliant (Phone call on 2/8)
American University (Phone call on 2/17 from POI)
University of Rochester: Phone call from POI
Clark University (Phone call on 3/7 from POI)
CUNY (Phone call on 3/2 from program director)
Drexel University (2/23) and another (Email on 3/6)
Eastern Michigan University (Phone call on 2/22 from POI)
Fairleigh Dickinson (Phone call on 3/4 from clinical director)
Florida State University (Phone call on 3/1 and detailed letter emailed from Dr. Ashby Plant, Director of Graduate Studies) and another (Email on 3/7 from department)
Fordham University (Email on 3/7 from POI)
Illinois Institute of Technology (Phone call on 3/9 from POI) - Still deciding.
IUPUI (Email on Feb 14 from admis coordinator)
LIU (Phone call on 2/19 from program director/POI)
LSU at Baton Rouge (Accepted off waitlist on 3/4 from a senior student) - Accepted offer.
Marquette University (Email on 2/22 from DCT)
Miami University (Ohio) (Phone call on 2/24 from POI followed by an email with official offer letter)
MSU (Email on 2/19 from POI)
Notre Dame (Email on 2/27 from POI)
Sam Houston State University (Phone call on 2/15 from DCT)
SDSU/UCSD JDP - Neuropsychology track (Phone call later followed up by email on 3/9)
SUNY Stony Brook (Email on 2/24 from POI)
SUNY University at Albany (Email on 2/19 from POI)
Temple (Phone call on 2/11 from DCT)
UCLA (Email on 2/8 from POI)
UNCG (Phone call on 3/7 from POI)
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (Phone call on 2/21 from my POI)
University of Arkansas (Phone call on 1/25 from POI)
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (Phone call on 2/18)
University of Connecticut (Email on 2/28 from POI)
University of Georgia (Email on 2/9 from psychology admissions chair, then from POI. Official offer in the mail on 2/24)
University of Kentucky (Phone call on 2/2 from DCT, although others will likely hear from POIs)
University of Louisville (Phone call from department chair followed by a letter)
University of Maine (Phone calls on the 16th and 17th from faculty. Not all faculty have extended offers yet)
University of Maryland-Baltimore County (Phone call on 3/8 from POI)
University of Massachusetts-Amherst (Phone call on 2/18 from POI)
University of Milwaukee (From POI on 1/31)
University of Montana (Phone call on 3/19 from POI)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln (Phone call on 2/14)
University of North Dakota (Email on 3/3 from DCT)
University of Pennsylvania (Email on 2/14)
University of Pittsburgh (Phone call on 2/14 from POI)
University of Southern Mississippi (Phone call on 2/23)
University of Tennessee-Knoxville (Phone call on 2/28 from POI)
University of Toledo (Email on 2/14 from POI)
University of Utah - Clinical Child and Family Specialization (Email on 2/23 from POI)
Virginia Commonwealth U (Phone call on 3/7 from POI)
West Virginia University (Phone call on 2/21 from POI)
Windsor (Email on 2/16 from the head of the child track)

Clinical PsyD:
Adler School of Professional Psychology (3/11 via FedEx)
Antioch University New England (Email on 3/10 from Associate Director of Admissions)
Argosy Hawaii (Phone call on 3/1 from admissions coordinator)
Chestnut Hill College (Letter in mail on 3/4)
Chicago School of Professional Psychology (Phone calls on 2/3 and 2/8 from Admissions Counselor)
Florida Tech (3/7 from Psychology Dept Dean)
George Fox (Phone call on 3/9)
Georgia Southern (Phone call on 3/8 from DOT)
Immaculata University (Email on 3/8 from Dean of Graduate Studies) and another (Email on 3/8 from Dean of Grad Studies)
IUP (Email on 3/24 from secretary)
LIU CW Post (Phone call on 2/24 from faculty member)
Loyola University-Maryland (Email on 2/22)
Marshall (Phone call on 3/11 from admissions coordinator)
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (Email to check the website on 3/22)
Nova Southeastern University (Email on 3/10 from admissions coordinator with letter in mail to follow)
Pacific University (Email on 3/9 from admissions coordinator, letter with details to follow)
PGSP-Stanford Consortium (Phone call on 2/17 from assc DCT)
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Mail on 1/29 from Admissions Director)
Roosevelt University (Email on 3/4 from program director) - Still deciding.
Rutgers (Email on 3/7 from department secretary with a personalized letter .pdf attached)
University of Denver (Phone call on 3/11)
University of Hartford (Phone call on 2/15)
University of Indianapolis (Email on 2/22)
University of La Verne (Phone call on 3/9 from Program Chair) - Offer Accepted.
Widener University (Letter in the mail on 2/17) and another (Letter in the mail on 3/16)
Wright State University (Phone call on 3/16 from Director of Admissions)
Xavier University (Email on 3/15 from admission secretary)

Counseling Psychology:
Auburn University - post bachelors track (Phone call on 2/26, information to follow in email)
Boston College (Phone call on 3/4 from POI)
Fordham (2/21)
Indiana University (Email on 2/7 from POI)
Louisiana Tech University (Phone call on the week of 3/14) - Still deciding.
Oklahoma State Stillwater Counseling post Bach (Phone call on 2/8 from DOT)
Southern Illinois University Carbondale (Phone call on 3/11 from POI - Accepted off the alternate list)
University of Kansas (Email on 2/26 from DOT)
University of North Dakota (2/11 and 2/12)
University of Southern Mississippi (2/22)
Washington State University (Phone call on 3/9. Was told because was talking about the program and she offered to look up the decision. Decisions were made Friday and emails should be going out soon.)

School Psychology:
CUNY Gradute Center (Email on 3/22 from administrator)
GA State (Phone call on 2/1 from POI)
Indiana University (Email on 2/15 from POI and letter via mail on 2/23)
Loyola-Chicago (1/23)
Michigan State University (Email on 2/18 from program secretary)
North Carolina State University (Email on 3/1 from POI)
Texas A & M (Email on 1/31 from POI)
University of Georgia (Email on 2/9 from POI)
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (Phone call on 1/31)
University of Nebraska, Lincoln (1/24)
University of South Florida (Phone call on 2/11 from POI)
University of Wisconsin, Madison (1/22)
UT Austin (Phone call on 1/31 from POI)

Combined programs:
James Madison University, Clinical & School Psychology Ph.D. program (Phone call on 3/4 from director of the program)
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Medical/Clinical Psychology (3/14) - Still deciding.
University of California Santa Barbara (Email on 2/8 from POI)
University of South Carolina, Clinical-Community PhD (Email on 2/28 from program director)
University of Virginia-Curry School of Education, Clinical and School Psychology PhD program (Phone call on 3/3 from POI)
Yeshiva (Email on 2/22 from program director)

Waitlists

Clinical PhD:
City Clinical Psych (Phone call on 3/4 from director)
Drexel (Phone call on 3/2 from POI)
Eastern Michigan University (Email on 2/22 from DCT)
Indiana University-Bloomington (Email on 3/8 from POI in response to inquiry)
IUPUI (Emailed on 1/24)
LIU, Brooklyn (Letter in the mail on 3/2)
Northern Illinois University (Email on 2/24)
Penn State - Adult Clinical Ph.D. track (Email on 2/27 from POI)
SMU (Phone call on 2/18)
Syracuse University (waitlisted without an interview on 3/1)
Temple University (Phone call on 2/20), another (on 2/21 from director of admissions)
Uconn (Email on 3/6 from POI)
University of Kentucky (Letter in the mail dated 2/10, received 2/18)
University of Louisville (Email in response to an e-mail inquiring about status)
University of Missouri - Columbia (Phone call on 2/8 from POI)
University of Missouri - St. Louis (3/10 from DCT, high alternate but took self off the list b/c POI's were not available to take students)
UPenn (Email on 2/16 from chair of graduate group)
UTSW (Phone call on 2/28)

Clinical PsyD:
Indiana State (3/4)

Counseling Psychology:
Southern Illinois University (Email on 3/7 from POI)
Texas Woman's University (Email on 2/21 from admissions director)
University of Maryland (Email on 3/2 from POI)
University of North Dakota (2/11 and 2/12)
University of North Texas (Phone call on 2/17 from program director)
University of Oregon (Email on 2/25 from POI/DOT)

School Psychology:
University of South Carolina (Email on 2/24)
University of Wisconsin, Madison (Email on 1/24 from POI)
UT Austin (Email on 2/8 from secretary)

Combined programs:
University at Buffalo, Counseling & School Psychology Ph.D. program (Email on 3/4)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Should wait-list info be posted here as well? I received an e-mail today from my POI that I'm on the wait-list for UW-Madison's School Psychology PhD program.

I think we should probably add waitlists here too. I got waitlisted at the IUPUI clinical program today via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, shows how pessimistic I am with this process- I reported my waitlist for IUPUI to the rejection thread, but I will report it here too.

Haha, shows how pessimistic I am with this process- I reported my waitlist for IUPUI to the rejection thread, but I will report it here too.

People do get accepted off the waitlist.

Haha, I know it's hard, but try to remain optimistic. I have a friend who applied to 30 programs for medical school last year. She was wait-listed by one program (rejected by all others) and got accepted from the wait-list 3 weeks before classes started! It does happen :)

I almost posted it there too! It is hard to be optimistic throughout this process, but it really only does take one and it doesn't matter if it is off a waitlist or not. Good luck to you! :luck:

Would the person who got accepted to Loyola's school program please PM me? I'd like to know if there was an interview, first of all, and a few other tid bits about the program. Thanks!

Can the person who was accepted to the University of Arkansas Clinical Ph.D. program please PM me their POI? Thanks and Congratulations!

This may be a bit premature, but with the need for a dose of optimism, I thought it would be nice to turn my focus towards acceptances!

So...fingers crossed everybody...let's hope we all hear some good news soon!

~If you PM me, please include the date the offer was extended and who you heard from (POI, admin coordinator, etc.) so that I can keep the list as complete as possible. Thanks!

Acceptances

Clinical PhD:
University of Arkansas (Phone call on 1/25 from POI)

Clinical PsyD:

Counseling Psychology:

School Psychology:
University of Wisconsin, Madison (1/22)
Loyola-Chicago (1/23)
University of Nebraka, Lincoln (1/24)
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (phone call on 1/31)

Combined programs:

Waitlists

Clinical PhD:
IUPUI (Emailed on 1/24)

Clinical PsyD:

Counseling Psychology:

School Psychology:
University of Wisconsin, Madison (Emailed on 1/24 from POI)

Combined programs:

IUPUI has a fairly strong program, although it is health rehabilitation focused.

UT Austin has sent out inital acceptances. There supposedly is a waitlist and you can contact secretary to find out more information on that and where you stand if you did not receive initial acceptance.

From a longstanding pessimist, I'm currently in a program that accepted me off its waitlist.

G'luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Could the person who heard from UWM please PM me who their POI is...

Was the person who got into UT Austin called or emailed?

Hmm I'm guessing the U of Kansas one must be another track like child clinical or something since the general clinical one hasn't had their interviews yet.

Hi,
I'm an international student , having a really hard time choosing between 3 schools:
Adler school for professional psy. (Chicago)
MSPP (Boston)
Chicago school of professional psychology (Chicago)

I'll be happy for any input about one (or more) of the three.
The schools sites do not give much info.
THANK YOU!! :)

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here and ask whoever got the acceptance to Milwaukee to kindly PM me their POI as well....

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm an international student , having a really hard time choosing between 3 schools:
Adler school for professional psy. (Chicago)
MSPP (Boston)
Chicago school of professional psychology (Chicago)

I'll be happy for any input about one (or more) of the three.
The schools sites do not give much info.
THANK YOU!! :)

This is the acceptance thread, your inquiry would probably be best in one of the other threads about applying, interviewing, etc.

Hmm I'm guessing the U of Kansas one must be another track like child clinical or something since the general clinical one hasn't had their interviews yet.

Hi all, So sorry about the mix-up. I was trying to quickly update the list on my phone in between interviews and accidentally typed Kansas instead of Kentucky. It is updated and the error has been fixed. My sincerest apologies for any confusion!

Can the person who was accepted to Kentucky PM me your POI? I was at the interview last week and still haven't heard anything, the waiting is killing me!

Can the person who was accepted to the University of Arkansas Clinical Ph.D. program please PM me their POI? Thanks and Congratulations!

I would also be interested to know the POI was. Could the person who was contacted please let me know? Thank you very much! And congratulations!

I noticed Temple was posted tonight as notifications having gone out yesterday (2/11). Does anyone know if they are completely finished contacting people with offers of admission? Temple is my top choice and I'm really nervous to find out! They said they'd notify people of alternate status also, but I wonder if that isn't until later. Anyone know anything? Thank you!!

I noticed Temple was posted tonight as notifications having gone out yesterday (2/11). Does anyone know if they are completely finished contacting people with offers of admission? Temple is my top choice and I'm really nervous to find out! They said they'd notify people of alternate status also, but I wonder if that isn't until later. Anyone know anything? Thank you!!

+1

I thought they wouldn't notify individuals until much later? Last year they didn't extend acceptances until March.

Could the accepted and waitlisted from UND counseling please PM me with your POI and how they contacted you?

Thanks.

Is there a link to last years acceptance thread. I thought I remembered seeing one but I cannot find it.

Congrats to everyone! Was nice meeting a few of you this year too!

Best of luck to everyone....as you are about to embark on one of the more challenging things you'll do in your life. Take pictures and make mental notes of the highs and lows because you'll eventually be able to look back and appreciate them more when you graduate. I still can't believe I was where you were 8 years ago. It goes quickly.

Would the person who got accepted at Temple mind PMing me their POI?
I cant tell you how much I would appreciate it

i am waiting to hear back from a program I interviewed at and it is driving me mad! the interview was on 1/28, and they said they would get back to us with a decision sometime between the interview and 2 Fridays from then (which would have been this past Friday). do you think that it's okay to contact the department assistant and see when i might expect to hear back, or do you think that looks bad???? thanks!

Would the person who got accepted at Temple mind PMing me their POI?
I cant tell you how much I would appreciate it

I would really appreciate it too, if you wouldn't mind sharing via PM. This waiting process is so stressful!

I just got back from my University of Nebraska-Lincoln interview (Clinical) last night and they just called me and made me an offer! SO excited!!

Best of luck to everyone....as you are about to embark on one of the more challenging things you'll do in your life. Take pictures and make mental notes of the highs and lows because you'll eventually be able to look back and appreciate them more when you graduate. I still can't believe I was where you were 8 years ago. It goes quickly.

I was quite baffled at being on the other end of the table this year!!! I can't help but admit that I am envious of your spot, I cannot wait to be done already! I know, I know I should be more mindful of where I am but it's hard!

Its not grad school per say, I love research, collaborating etc... its the sheer number of classes APA requires, its ridiculous! As the infamous John Nash said, "Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity"

Anyways enough of my soapboxing

T4P where you at these days? Post-Doc? Faculty? Practice? Beach surfing?

:soexcited:Just got a phone call from University of Hartford. I listened to the voicemail and held in a scream here at work!!! i need to finish listening toit now and get the details :laugh:

:soexcited:Just got a phone call from University of Hartford. I listened to the voicemail and held in a scream here at work!!! i need to finish listening toit now and get the details :laugh:

Yup, I just got accepted there too! Congrats

Congrats to everyone who is hearing back about acceptances! The application and interview process is quite trying, as I recall my experience 4 years ago. But just wait, as the time flies by, and soon enough it will be time to do it all over again for internships. I'm waiting to hear the (hopefully) good news myself!

Congrats to everyone who is hearing back about acceptances! The application and interview process is quite trying, as I recall my experience 4 years ago. But just wait, as the time flies by, and soon enough it will be time to do it all over again for internships. I'm waiting to hear the (hopefully) good news myself!

Sheesh! You're already applying for internship, too! I'm feeling like such a slacker. :laugh: Hope you're keeping busy 'til the 25th. G'luck! :luck:

Dragonstyle is quite right though. I was thinking about this recently myself. The time seems to simultaneously drag/fly by, but it will be over before you know it. Then, you will be applying for externships, and then internships, and then postdocs, and then *shudder* "real jobs."

(Or in my case, attempting to convince your dept for multiple years that you have no interest applying for internship just quite yet :smuggrin: . . . But, I'm admittedly a weirdo).

So ENJOY the time before you start grad school. Don't rush it too much. Your advisor/dept will be prodding you along plenty once you get there and then you will be wondering what happened to all the years.

CONGRATS, everyone! You've made it this far, only umpteen more years to go! :D

^^ (Did I mention that I'm not a motivational speaker? :p)

Yup, I just got accepted there too! Congrats

awesome! are you considering accepting or is it one of your many prospects? please feel free to pm if you don't want to share here :) i'd love to chat with a potential classmate (or not, based on your pros/cons)

:laugh: Impressive restraint! I seem to recall squealing like a li'l girl and repeatedly jumping up & down. Before rushing out the door so I could go teach a class. Not sure I could have held that in had I been in a public place. :p