2011-2012 Howard Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Thisispubhealth !!!!!! The waiting is over for you!
I pray I will be there in July!!

Again, HUCM I'm waiting 4 you!! lol but SO SERIOUS!

Let's pray to be part of that class in July!!!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just got that long-awaited email. "A decision has been made. Please call to know the outcome." I've been ACCEPTED!!!!!. THANK YOU, JESUS! I immediately jumped out up and started screaming!!!!! Check your email, guys!

WOHOOO!!!! PRAISE GOD!! COngrats DEar!!!!! :) :)

I just got that long-awaited email. "A decision has been made. Please call to know the outcome." I've been ACCEPTED!!!!!. THANK YOU, JESUS! I immediately jumped out up and started screaming!!!!! Check your email, guys!
Congrats thisispubhealth!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!!!! See you in July!!!!

I simply cannot tell you all how helpful and uplifting this forum has been during this process. I also cannot tell you how long it took me to figure out how to register and post a reply! I interviewed on 2/15 and certainly expected to hear SOMETHING around 3/15. I am still anxiously and almost religiously checking my email every 5 minutes (honestly) and my mail box everyday hoping for SOMETHING! Right now, I am on two wait lists, but Howard is my first choice. I just wanted to thank everyone for being so candid in their experiences, inspirational words, and advice. I see that if I am admitted to Howard, I will certainly be among GREAT COMPANY! Let's stay strong, prayerful and faithful you guys.

~publichealthdude

lol!! You posted this yesterday, and today you get accepted!! God is the Greatest, and keep us in your prayers bro! :)

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? I haven't heard anything from them, so I assumed I'd been rejected without an interview. I called last week and was told my status had not changed, which means I'm still in the running for a potential interview. It seems strange to hold out hope this far into the process. Thoughts, anyone?

Also, earlier in the process I would speak with Ms. Jones. Lately, however, a gentleman has been fielding all of the calls. He doesn't seem too pleased if I call in. Oops!

What an inspirational forum this has been. You are all amazing. Best of luck to everyone!

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? I haven't heard anything from them, so I assumed I'd been rejected without an interview. I called last week and was told my status had not changed, which means I'm still in the running for a potential interview. It seems strange to hold out hope this far into the process. Thoughts, anyone?

Also, earlier in the process I would speak with Ms. Jones. Lately, however, a gentleman has been fielding all of the calls. He doesn't seem too pleased if I call in. Oops!

What an inspirational forum this has been. You are all amazing. Best of luck to everyone!
It's not over till it's over, and even then it's not over! So don't give up. If you can, visit the school. I applied last year, but didn't get in. I went to the "first Friday", met with admissions, and received very valuable advice. They care. They really do. It's an 'awesomely' amazing school with an 'awesomely' amazing staff. God really does help those who help themselves. Don't give up. Don't ever give up!

I think they might still be offering some interviews. The admissions staff are great people and are very friendly. Thanks for your words and best of luck to you as well! :)

It's not over till it's over, and even then it's not over! So don't give up. If you can, visit the school. I applied last year, but didn't get in. I went to the "first Friday", met with admissions, and received very valuable advice. They care. They really do. It's an 'awesomely' amazing school with an 'awesomely' amazing staff. God really does help those who help themselves. Don't give up. Don't ever give up!

That's right!!! and don't ever give up, and God truly helps! Put complete trust in Him!!! :)

Hey Guys,

For all of those that have received an acceptance letter, the facebook page is now open as another means of getting to know your future classmates as well as upperclassmen. I've included the link to the page to this post.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/295799363821109/

Good to you all and I cannot wait to see you guys in July and/or during one of your summer meet and greets!

I think they might still be offering some interviews. The admissions staff are great people and are very friendly. Thanks for your words and best of luck to you as well! :)

SDN Family,

Let me tell you how good our GOD is!!! I just received an II this morning from HUCM!!!! Talk about someone so in awe of the power of God:soexcited: (<<<<me taking a praise pause at work) Please never give up on Him or continue to tell him how IMPOSSIBLE or HARD your situation may be!! God is bigger than any and everything we could ever face!!! I just want to encourage all of you to continue to be prayer warriors for yourselves and each other because the Lord has a plan for each one of us....one that is above and beyond anything that we could ever think or imagine in our wildest dreams!!! I know that this isn't an acceptance, but it's one step closer to my dream of becoming a physician so I will continue to praise God and thank Him in advance for the miraculous signs and wonders He shows me everyday. Trust Him, and watch Him move in your life! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN Family,

Let me tell you how good our GOD is!!! I just received an II this morning from HUCM!!!! Talk about someone so in awe of the power of God:soexcited: (<<<<me taking a praise pause at work) Please never give up on Him or continue to tell him how IMPOSSIBLE or HARD your situation may be!! God is bigger than any and everything we could ever face!!! I just want to encourage all of you to continue to be prayer warriors for yourselves and each other because the Lord has a plan for each one of us....one that is above and beyond anything that we could ever think or imagine in our wildest dreams!!! I know that this isn't an acceptance, but it's one step closer to my dream of becoming a physician so I will continue to praise God and thank Him in advance for the miraculous signs and wonders He shows me everyday. Trust Him, and watch Him move in your life! :D
Congrats InsanelyPOSH!!! So happy for you!

SDN Family,

Congrats InsanelyPOSH!! Indeed God is the Greatest! It's time for us to keep on praying!! May He grant us our dreams of becoming doctors and may we continue to thank Him and put our complete trust in Him! :) I hope your interview goes very well!

Just want to say, those with interviews coming up, hope it goes well!
And if you are waiting for the DECISION after the interview, I hope that we get that acceptance!!! :)

Congrats InsanelyPOSH!! Indeed God is the Greatest! It's time for us to keep on praying!! May He grant us our dreams of becoming doctors and may we continue to thank Him and put our complete trust in Him! :) I hope your interview goes very well!

Just want to say, those with interviews coming up, hope it goes well!
And if you are waiting for the DECISION after the interview, I hope that we get that acceptance!!! :)

Thank you so much Sweetness! And God has definitely not forgotten about you! What you are making happen for others will surely come to pass in your life:)

SDN Family,

CONGRATS InsanelyPOSH!!! Make sure you over prepare! I can not stress this enough. Its always better to be over prepared then to be caught surprised or unprepared to answer any questions with your application.

Good luck and God Bless!

I just wanted to say thanks for all the love and support everyone! I could not find the exact post, but I think someone asked when did I interview. It was on 2/14. Congrats InsanelyPOSH on your interview! :thumbup: God is soooo amazing! To all those still waiting for decisions, remain steadfast, unmovable, unwavering in your faith in God. I look forward to meeting you ALL very soon!:love:

~publichealthdude

SDN Family,

That is awesome news, congrats. You Stayed positive and had faith in Him, and are now rewarded for it. Like Kaji said, give it your best. You want to convert this into an acceptance, God willing. Good luck!!!!

I've been hearing a lot of great news for my friends and people I care about these past few days. I really hope I get some good news to join the festivities lol. My whole family is literally waiting for that email. God willing, we will hear good news!

Keep us in your prayers!

CONGRATS InsanelyPOSH!!! Make sure you over prepare! I can not stress this enough. Its always better to be over prepared then to be caught surprised or unprepared to answer any questions with your application.

Good luck and God Bless!

Thank you soo much Kaji! I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm going to pour over my app again and again in preparation for this interview! Yes, and I am continuing to thank God in advance for the blessing of acceptance! My prayer from day 1 of this application process has been to gain entry into medical school for 2012.....that I will have a choice and that all of my steadfastness, prayer, and perseverance will manifest itself this year! Continue to focus on God, from which our help cometh, and He will never lead you astray!

For the Open-House, how long does the whole thing typically take? I know the Q-A session starts at noon then a tour at 12:45 or so... Just asking because I'll have to race back to work! Thanks everyone.

That is awesome news, congrats. You Stayed positive and had faith in Him, and are now rewarded for it. Like Kaji said, give it your best. You want to convert this into an acceptance, God willing. Good luck!!!!

I've been hearing a lot of great news for my friends and people I care about these past few days. I really hope I get some good news to join the festivities lol. My whole family is literally waiting for that email. God willing, we will hear good news!

Keep us in your prayers!

Thank you soo much Kaji! I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm going to pour over my app again and again in preparation for this interview! Yes, and I am continuing to thank God in advance for the blessing of acceptance! My prayer from day 1 of this application process has been to gain entry into medical school for 2012.....that I will have a choice and that all of my steadfastness, prayer, and perseverance will manifest itself this year! Continue to focus on God, from which our help cometh, and He will never lead you astray!

Amen!!! May our prayers grant us that acceptance news, God willing!!! :)

Keep us in your prayers!

Thanks MWB and Thisispubhealth!! May the good Lord continue to bless us all with good news:):xf::):xf:

SDN Family,

Congrats InsanelyPosh!!! Like Kaji said, it's always better to over prepare than under. You feel 10x more comfortable and confident in yourself and in your answers on interview day! Best of luck to you and I hope that you have the same wonderful experience like those of us who interviewed there. It truly is a special school with amazing people! :)

Congrats InsanelyPosh!!! Like Kaji said, it's always better to over prepare than under. You feel 10x more comfortable and confident in yourself and in your answers on interview day! Best of luck to you and I hope that you have the same wonderful experience like those of us who interviewed there. It truly is a special school with amazing people! :)

Thanks Pinny:D I am definitely going to make this opportunity count and show Howard why I fell so enamored with them in the first place:)

Checking my email and SDN this many times a day can't be healthy! LOL I'm so anxious :scared::xf::scared::bang:

Congratulations Ms InsanelyPosh! Praise God for your testimony!

Happy Easter to everyone! If Jesus died for you, you know he's got you covered with this medical school business! He will grant you your heart's desire according to his riches in glory! ~Amen~

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Congratulations Ms InsanelyPosh! Praise God for your testimony!

Happy Easter to everyone! If Jesus died for you, you know he's got you covered with this medical school business! He will grant you your heart's desire according to his riches in glory! ~Amen~

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Thank you Bethavi:) That's what being a believer is all about...sharing your testimony with others so that you may help to bring someone else out of an otherwise gloomy situation! I'm just thankful that I can inspire so many of my SDN peers through my personal journey. I pray that my misery not only becomes my ministry, but that of many of you on this forum!

Still believing in God to grant me the desires of my heart:xf::):xf::)

Happy Easter/ Passover SDNers!!!

Did anyone else receive an out of committee email today? All my emotions right now!---> :luck::xf::scared::)::wow::help:

Did anyone else receive an out of committee email today? All my emotions right now!---> :luck::xf::scared::)::wow::help:

Happy Easter/Good Friday, Passover, Jumuah Mubarak to all my Christian, Jewish and Muslim brothers and sisters too!

Pinny!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :) I hope you hear of an acceptance!!!

In these blessed days , please keep me and all of us SDN folks in your prayers! May we hear the news of an acceptance from Howard!! :)

Last edited:
Happy Easter/Good Friday, Passover, Jumuah Mubarak to all my Christian, Jewish and Muslim brothers and sisters too!

Pinny!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :) I hope you hear of an acceptance!!!

In these blessed days , please keep me and all of us SDN folks in your prayers! May we hear the news of an acceptance from Howard!! :)

Thank you sweetness!!! I will CONTINUE to keep everyone in my prayers. Lord knows I've been praying constantly for myself and everyone going through this process. I sure hope an acceptance is waiting for us all! In the mean time I'll try to keep the butterflies away and reflect on the true meaning of Easter and thank God for all that He has blessed me with so far! :love: :love:

Thank you sweetness!!! I will CONTINUE to keep everyone in my prayers. Lord knows I've been praying constantly for myself and everyone going through this process. I sure hope an acceptance is waiting for us all! In the mean time I'll try to keep the butterflies away and reflect on the true meaning of Easter and thank God for all that He has blessed me with so far! :love: :love:

Amen same here!! He blessed us so much!!!!!!!!!! :)

And if you are reading this thread, pray for us too!!! :)

+1 for the email!!! So excited that it doesn't feel real! :soexcited::clap::woot::claps:Like I'm in a dream! I am humbled by God's love and faithfulness. :bow:Still praying for everyone on this forum! Success without wonderful people to share it with is no fun at all. God's speed to you all! :luck::love::highfive::biglove:Your turn is next Sweetness! Start getting ready for your happy dance in Jesus's Name!:zip:

+1 for the email!!! So excited that it doesn't feel real! :soexcited::clap::woot::claps:Like I'm in a dream! I am humbled by God's love and faithfulness. :bow:Still praying for everyone on this forum! Success without wonderful people to share it with is no fun at all. God's speed to you all! :love::highfive::biglove:Your turn is next Sweetness! Start getting ready for your happy dance in Jesus's Name!:zip:

I'm so happy for you Naille!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for some time and I'm hoping so too, I got my happy dance ready!!!!! :)

I'm so happy for you Naille!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for some time and I'm hoping so too, I got my happy dance ready!!!!! :)

Don't worry sweetness your time will come. I interviewed 3/6 and just received my out of committee email so it takes time. It's weird knowing that a decision has been made and no extra worrying or stressing will change it.

Congrats Pinny and Naille! May God's favor be upon you and an acceptance waiting for u both:) I'm praying that we all can get good news and become apart of the Howard family:)

Congrats Pinny and Naille! May God's favor be upon you and an acceptance waiting for u both:) I'm praying that we all can get good news and become apart of the Howard family:)
Thank you InsanelyPosh!

Thanks InsanelyPosh....I sure hope there's good news waiting for us....Good luck preparing for your interview. You'll do great!! :thumbup::D

Don't worry sweetness your time will come. I interviewed 3/6 and just received my out of committee email so it takes time. It's weird knowing that a decision has been made and no extra worrying or stressing will change it.

I know, no need to worry at all! I hope it is that good decision for you and Naille! :)

Amen!!! May we be a part of the family at Howard and get that good news!! hope your interview goes well!!! :)

Amen!!! May we be a part of the family at Howard and get that good news!! hope your interview goes well!!! :)

@ Pinny and Naille: Welcomes!

And thank you for the kind words you all!! I pray that we can have some inspiring stories like C/O 2015 (SuperMom, Beewew, Kaji, lilmoomoobean, Manonthemoon and soo many others). yes, I've been all over last years board and I pray we too can overcome like they have! Here's to all our acceptances!! :clap::clap: :highfive: :soexcited:

:claps:

And thank you for the kind words you all!! I pray that we can have some inspiring stories like C/O 2015 (SuperMom, Beewew, Kaji, lilmoomoobean, Manonthemoon and soo many others). yes, I've been all over last years board and I pray we too can overcome like they have! Here's to all our acceptances!! :clap::clap: :highfive: :soexcited:

I actually spent today reading over last year's thread . Their stories are so inspirational and I think the biggest take home is that it's not over until it's over :claps::highfive:

I actually spent today reading over last year's thread . Their stories are so inspirational and I think the biggest take home is that it's not over until it's over :claps::highfive:

:thumbup::thumbup:

Amen guys!!! Maybe we might share our inspiring stories to the other classes, hopefully! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.