2011-2012 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for your help! Given what you said, and the fact that my letter said:
"The Admissions Committee has decided to hold your application for reconsideration until the next notification period"
...you think I'll be hearing something tomorrow?

Yes. This means they wanted to review your file at the next meeting. So you should be hearing back.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks so much for your help! Given what you said, and the fact that my letter said:
"The Admissions Committee has decided to hold your application for reconsideration until the next notification period"
...you think I'll be hearing something tomorrow?
Hey, I got that same email too in December. I was pretty sure (from reading the website) that they don't start making the wait list until the class is full. I assumed that would be around april?

Woooo!!! So much for waiting until 5pm, got the acceptance e-mail this morning!!!!! :love:

Good luck everyone!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the Jan 23 group hearing back today?

Darn, rolled over again! Have they been rejecting anyone or is everyone just being rolled over unless they're accepted?

Darn, rolled over again! Have they been rejecting anyone or is everyone just being rolled over unless they're accepted?

I got rejected this morning after being rolled over. Nice way to wake up. This is disappointing because I had one of my best interviews at this school. Well obviously not. I was also told my application was solid at the post-interview interview... well obviously my interview broke my candidacy, which is strange because I thought my performance was good.

the application process has officially broke my optimism for the rest of the year.

Deferred as well...I have a strange feeling that just means an eventual rejection (in a nice way).

Anyone from the 1/9 interview date?

Rejected this morning too. Although I didn't think the interview went as well as I hoped too, still very disappointing..... Never thought they'd reject this early

Hey current TCMC students, I'd like to ask a few questions about the school curriculum and daily schedule of a medical student if you don't mind.
How is the typical day in TCMC like? How many classes/lectures are there, and what time do they end? How many hours a day do you spend studying outside of classwork? What is the grading system like? Do all students take the same courses and attend same lectures?
I wanted to know more about TCMC and would appreciate any input.

How is the typical day in TCMC like?
- for first year students in really depends on the course. We have Patient-Centered Medicine (clinical skills, interviewing, ethics), Physician and Society (public health and epidemiology) are all year round on occupy part of Tuesday and Thursday Afternoon (usually 1:00-3:00, but could be longer depending on the scheduled activites). Case-base learning is also all year-round on Wednesday and lasts about an hour. Based on course blocks (Starting with cellular/biochemistry/metabolism => anatomy/physio/embryo/histo => immuno/micro/path => neuro) means lectures in the morning and activties/small groups/labs in the afternoon depending on the course. As the course blocks progress, there is more "self-directed learning" (podcasts and self-studying) and less in-class lectures. In-class activities become clinical discussions. For blocks without a lab, that means afternoons are "free".
- for second year, there is mainly self-directed learning, with clinical cases and presentations in class in the afternoon.

Hours studying?
- This varies just like in any medical school. More studying for some course blocks and less for others. They do a good transition with the course blocks from being more study intensive and more self-directed learning as the year goes by.

Grading system
- first and second year is pass-fail (must achieve 70%). You get a course-narrative at the end of each course.

Do all students take the same course?
- All students take the same courses in years 1-3. Some lectures are required (patient presentations), but they do suggest everyone attend all lectures even though they are podcasted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred as well for the second time. Does anyone know what this actually means? I struggle to understand the difference between a deferral and waitlist...

the application process has officially broke my optimism for the rest of the year.

Hey keep ur head up! Have u had any other interviews? And how many schools r u still waiting on? I'm still waiting on 15! ahhh, even though I know its getting late. Try to stay positive, everything will fall into place eventually! (Coming from a 2nd time applicant) :luck:

Hey keep ur head up! Have u had any other interviews? And how many schools r u still waiting on? I'm still waiting on 15! ahhh, even though I know its getting late. Try to stay positive, everything will fall into place eventually! (Coming from a 2nd time applicant) :luck:

Always nice to keep yout head up. But outright rejection is hard when you had high hopes :) (coming from a third time applicant) Time will heal though haha

Wow.

1. "See attached e-mail" - Suspect rejection.
2. Attached message spells my last name wrong - Suspect rejection.
3. Open attached message - Acceptance!

Out of state!

I guess I was being overly dramatic, but It was a bad start to my day. Im on a couple if waitlists so im hoping I get good news after the may deadline.

Maybe i'm on hold then the letter stated: "The admissions committee has decided to hold your application for reconsideration until the next notification period"

With that said does anyone know when the next notification period is? May 15?

Maybe i'm on hold then the letter stated: "The admissions committee has decided to hold your application for reconsideration until the next notification period"

With that said does anyone know when the next notification period is? May 15?

April 20th

any1 receive anything. interview in january, i was told we'd hear something today. but nothing still. any1 else hear anything

I also interviewed on 1/23, but I didn't hear anything today either. I guess April 20th it is *sigh*

To the recently accepted TCMC students, is TCMC your top choice/first pick and do you intend to enroll? Can you explain why yes or no?

I'm interested in hearing from other applicants for TCMC after reading TCMC being on probation and having financial troubles; in addition to the huge-bonuses they issues to the mid-level executives at the school.

The articles...
Probation: http://citizensvoice.com/news/commonwealth-medical-college-now-on-probation-1.1162002#axzz1nQqH1d6X
Bonuses: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/big-bonuses-flowed-at-financially-shaky-medical-college-1.1243259

Hi everyone,

I recently received an II and am very excited to check out Scranton! I am unavailable on the few April dates remaining on their interview calendar. If anyone who is scheduled for 3/5 or 3/9 is looking to withdraw or rescind their invitation, I would appreciate if you would let me know. I would love to schedule my visit on one of these dates. If so, you can send me a private message.

Thanks, and good luck!

I have been watching this discussion for a while and I decided to register to give my perspective as a TCMC student.

To the recently accepted TCMC students, is TCMC your top choice/first pick and do you intend to enroll? Can you explain why yes or no?

I'm interested in hearing from other applicants for TCMC after reading TCMC being on probation and having financial troubles; in addition to the huge-bonuses they issues to the mid-level executives at the school.

The articles...
Probation: http://citizensvoice.com/news/commonwealth-medical-college-now-on-probation-1.1162002#axzz1nQqH1d6X
Bonuses: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/big-bonuses-flowed-at-financially-shaky-medical-college-1.1243259

As for the probation, the best I can do is pass along this article:
http://thecommonwealthmedical.com/lcme
This is exactly what Dr. Nora told the faculty, staff, and students at a meeting after the most recent LCME site visit. She talks about the good and bad.

I think the bonus thing is being blown out of proportion. My conclusion after reading the article was that some former employee was bitter that she wasn't promoted and is causing a big fuss. The bonuses in question were handed out in 2008 and 2009 when the school was just starting. When starting a new school, you have to have some way to lure top level personnel away from their current jobs and so they were offered big bonuses. If you read further, there were no bonuses given in 2010.

Oh man, patience truly is a virtue. I want to get into this school so bad. I haven't had many interviews, but of the ones I've had this one really clicked with me. I also really love how Scranton is only a few hours away from NYC and Philly! It's nice, quiet, and safe yet close to exciting cities...please let me in XD

I posted a long time ago earlier in this thread about my interview day, and I haven't posted since. I was deferred the first time, and I was really upset/sad and all that, but I got accepted on Friday at 5:38AM (Cali Time), thank God.

For those of you who seem to be losing hope, please don't. The friday right before I got accepted, I was looking into the carribean and all that, but you never know. it's still halfway in the cycle. Don't lose hope. Keep your chin up.

Always nice to keep yout head up. But outright rejection is hard when you had high hopes :) (coming from a third time applicant) Time will heal though haha

Hey I'm a 2nd time applicant. Have you only applied to MD schools all 3 times? I decided this 2nd time to apply to D.O. school and I got into 1...I was betw. applying to the Caribbean or going to an American D.O. school and all of my advisors recommended D.O. w/o hesitation! But i'm still waiting on 15 schools, mostly MD, ahh noo love from MD yet.

I posted a long time ago earlier in this thread about my interview day, and I haven't posted since. I was deferred the first time, and I was really upset/sad and all that, but I got accepted on Friday at 5:38AM (Cali Time), thank God.

For those of you who seem to be losing hope, please don't. The friday right before I got accepted, I was looking into the carribean and all that, but you never know. it's still halfway in the cycle. Don't lose hope. Keep your chin up.

God provides, bro. :thumbup:

Sweet!

Last edited:
So what does everyone think about TCMC's possible affiliation with the University of Scranton? What (if any) impact do you think it would have on the school?

I just withdrew from my March 12th interview. Good luck everyone!

I think an affiliation would be great, but I may be biased since I am a Scranton alumnus.
Affiliating with an established undergraduate institution would have such a positive impact on TCMC.
Most notable is the consideration of solidifying future funding and the impact this has on accreditation issues.

i think an affiliation would be great, but i may be biased since i am a scranton alumnus.
Affiliating with an established undergraduate institution would have such a positive impact on tcmc.
Most notable is the consideration of solidifying future funding and the impact this has on accreditation issues.

+1

I think an affiliation would be great, but I may be biased since I am a Scranton alumnus.
Affiliating with an established undergraduate institution would have such a positive impact on TCMC.

These were some of my thoughts.. Nice to hear it from others as well. Also, in case anyone is interested, Revisit Day is scheduled for April 28th. :)

Fascinating stuff. Take a look! Quote and discuss.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=893860

I don't really understand what the "student" is so unhappy about (assuming it's not just a troll). Some things that caught my attention:

1.Why would it be so terrible if TCMC were a Jesuit institution? There are several medical schools that have known ties to the Jesuits (ie. Catholic faith) and still happen to produce fantastic physicians: Loyola, Georgetown, Creighton, and St. Louis (NYMC is affiliated with the Catholic Diocese of New York).

2. Tuition has doubled?? Sure.. I guess if you were in the inaugural class and had half your tuition paid by TCMC scholarships the first two years and have to pay the full amount now. Need-based aid is hard to come by at any institution these days. We're in an economic crisis. Tuition increases at a rate of ~10-12% each year in my state of NJ, so those numbers don't seem all that surprising.

3. Seems hard to believe that anyone in a position of authority would approve another multi-million dollar renovation given the fact that the school is already facing economic hardships. But, I guess it's possible that bad decisions could be made.

4. What exactly is the point of this post? I see nothing mentioned about the quality of education, how said education affected his/her performance on the boards, the professors, the rotations, the sense of community, how she/he think she/he will match, etc. It sounds like a very unhappy student -- for reasons that are still not that clear. I hope the student can find something positive about the situation and try to make the most of it.

The only point that was brought up that I have been concerned about -- the pink elephant in the room -- what's going on with the LCME and the school's accreditation status. There will be problems at every school and especially one that is only three years old. I guess we all have to weigh the pros and the cons when making our decision.

I don't really understand what the "student" is so unhappy about (assuming it's not just a troll). Some things that caught my attention:

1.Why would it be so terrible if TCMC were a Jesuit institution? There are several medical schools that have known ties to the Jesuits (ie. Catholic faith) and still happen to produce fantastic physicians: Loyola, Georgetown, Creighton, and St. Louis (NYMC is affiliated with the Catholic Diocese of New York).

2. Tuition has doubled?? Sure.. I guess if you were in the inaugural class and had half your tuition paid by TCMC scholarships the first two years and have to pay the full amount now. Need-based aid is hard to come by at any institution these days. We're in an economic crisis. Tuition increases at a rate of ~10-12% each year in my state of NJ, so those numbers don't seem all that surprising.

3. Seems hard to believe that anyone in a position of authority would approve another multi-million dollar renovation given the fact that the school is already facing economic hardships. But, I guess it's possible that bad decisions could be made.

4. What exactly is the point of this post? I see nothing mentioned about the quality of education, how said education affected his/her performance on the boards, the professors, the rotations, the sense of community, how she/he think she/he will match, etc. It sounds like a very unhappy student -- for reasons that are still not that clear. I hope the student can find something positive about the situation and try to make the most of it.

The only point that was brought up that I have been concerned about -- the pink elephant in the room -- what's going on with the LCME and the school's accreditation status. There will be problems at every school and especially one that is only three years old. I guess we all have to weigh the pros and the cons when making our decision.
Thought I'd copy what you are responding to, so people won't be confused:
This is a message to anyone holding acceptances to The Commonwealth Medical College and ANY other school in this country.

Drop TCMC.

Everything about the school has changed from its initial lofty goals of being an independent institution. While the information is not yet public, the institution will soon be announced as a Catholic and Jesuit college, which translates to such wonderful meanings as no insurance support for things like birth control and anything else to which the Vatican objects (child molestation optional). This comes about as the institution was run straight into the ground by overpaid and underworked administrators, many of whom still hold active positions paying well over 6 figures, thus now forcing the school to partner with the University of Scranton.

Millions upon millions were spent building state-of-the-art research facilities. The researchers working in them will soon be moved into the University of Scranton, and millions more will be spent to renovate (within a year of opening) the current research space into clinic space, of which there is none in the brand new building.

Those of you with acceptances at only TCMC, you need to seriously consider how important getting in this year is. I understand that there will always be problems with opening a new medical school, but nothing remains of the great school with which I was once proud to be affiliated. Many promises have been made and broken.

Tuition has doubled and need-based aid no longer exists (unless you're one of the chosen few from NEPA, then you pay nothing and are given awards that you do not deserve). TCMC fails to rise above the nepotism and cronyism of the Scranton area. Given the financial crunch, I expect tuition will continue to rise 15-20% every year for the foreseeable future.

Add on top of all of this that TCMC is STILL not closer to being an accredited institution (and on probation), and you should be able to see why I created this account.

I've remained silent for too long. I regret not blowing the whistle much earlier on all of this. I've seen this school crumbling for a long time, from the cracks that appeared while the school was housed in Lackawanna College to the shiny new building that changed absolutely nothing and only created the current financial crisis (OH! But the building is LEED certified!).

Run. Run while you can. I've said all I can say.

Thought I'd copy what you are responding to, so people won't be confused:
This is a message to anyone holding acceptances to The Commonwealth Medical College and ANY other school in this country.

Drop TCMC.

Everything about the school has changed from its initial lofty goals of being an independent institution. While the information is not yet public, the institution will soon be announced as a Catholic and Jesuit college, which translates to such wonderful meanings as no insurance support for things like birth control and anything else to which the Vatican objects (child molestation optional). This comes about as the institution was run straight into the ground by overpaid and underworked administrators, many of whom still hold active positions paying well over 6 figures, thus now forcing the school to partner with the University of Scranton.

Millions upon millions were spent building state-of-the-art research facilities. The researchers working in them will soon be moved into the University of Scranton, and millions more will be spent to renovate (within a year of opening) the current research space into clinic space, of which there is none in the brand new building.

Those of you with acceptances at only TCMC, you need to seriously consider how important getting in this year is. I understand that there will always be problems with opening a new medical school, but nothing remains of the great school with which I was once proud to be affiliated. Many promises have been made and broken.

Tuition has doubled and need-based aid no longer exists (unless you're one of the chosen few from NEPA, then you pay nothing and are given awards that you do not deserve). TCMC fails to rise above the nepotism and cronyism of the Scranton area. Given the financial crunch, I expect tuition will continue to rise 15-20% every year for the foreseeable future.

Add on top of all of this that TCMC is STILL not closer to being an accredited institution (and on probation), and you should be able to see why I created this account.

I've remained silent for too long. I regret not blowing the whistle much earlier on all of this. I've seen this school crumbling for a long time, from the cracks that appeared while the school was housed in Lackawanna College to the shiny new building that changed absolutely nothing and only created the current financial crisis (OH! But the building is LEED certified!).

Run. Run while you can. I've said all I can say.

Even though Glassrose quoted the link??

Last edited:
A lot of what has been said recently is quite frankly either false or speculation at best and hardly worth responding to. I'm responding for the benefit of the potential students on this forum.

I myself am "one of the chosen few from NEPA" whatever that means. It doesn't mean that I didn't work my butt off to get into this (and other) med schools. And despite being from NEPA, coming from a borderline poverty-level family, doing research, getting an MCAT score worthy of Harvard...I got zero financial aid except for federal loans, so I would love to know what these mysterious awards for NEPA students are that the school is giving out. They aren't giving them out, I've asked.

Tuition has NOT doubled. Not much else to say about that...it just hasn't.

"need-based aid no longer exists" - also false. The only need-based aid that really has existed so far is federal money or private scholarships and both are still available. Affiliation with the University of Scranton may open doors for more financial aid - but this is my own speculation and I'll be honest enough to admit that it is only speculation (and hope).

As for other speculations that have been mentioned - research being moved to the University of Scranton and renovating current research space at TCMC into clinical space - I don't know. Nobody does. This is the first I've heard anything about that, and I'm not sure why it would make sense to do that anyway since we are state of the art right where we are - both in the research labs and clinical skills simulation center. And after talking with one of our research faculty last week, I came away with the understanding that he was not concerned about an affiliation having an impact on his lab or his funding.

Accreditation: TCMC is, in fact, much closer to being accredited - real changes have been made, the LCME came in January, and they will meet to make a decision in June. Affiliation, whether the University of Scranton or another solid institution, would only help that process.

One of the hottest topics right now seems to be how affiliation will affect coverage of birth control by insurance and student health services. The student health services that we currently use is run by the Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education (WCGME) and it utilizes both residents and attending physicians. WCGME is not run by a Catholic institution, nor does this affiliation involve WCGME in any way. If the affiliation means we have to switch and start utilizing student health services through the University of Scranton, then yes, given that they are Catholic we would not have access to birth control through them. Pretty sure that doesn't stop you from walking just a few blocks from the school and finding a number of doctors that accept your insurance and are not against things like birth control. As for insurance - we buy our own right now anyway. As students, the school is not buying our insurance (only offering a plan) and I don't think that is going to change. So if the insurance offered in the future doesn't include everything you want - opt out and use the money to buy your own. Just like the students at the University of Scranton are not going without birth control - neither will we.

You don't need to "run" from TCMC. We still are a great school and will continue to be. One of the most important things that they have stressed while looking at offers for affiliation is that we remain true to our mission. We will still be making a huge difference in healthcare here in Scranton and NEPA. And the education we are getting, like early clinical exposure, the Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship, being extremely patient-centered, etc...I believe will make us a model for medical education and leaders in our field.

The public discussion for affiliation with the University of Scranton will end later in March. Then we will see for sure if we will actually be affiliating with them. It is not set in stone yet, although I think that it will most likely happen.

Any new, any different idea or institution is going to have a rough start. Nobody is going to agree about everything. People will get annoyed and angry. Some will tame their anger and use their energy and ideas to make a difference, and some will just jump ship and tell everyone else to run. That's just how it is for any new thing. You can use your own vision and passion to come and be a constructive part of TCMC and still get a great medical education. If you think you'll just get angry and bitter and can't handle something new and the bumps that come with the ride...then yeah, let someone else come. I personally don't regret coming and I'll always be able to look back at the things I did to get involved. I know I've helped, and next years class will have plenty of opportunity to help as well.

A lot of what has been said recently is quite frankly either false or speculation at best and hardly worth responding to. I'm responding for the benefit of the potential students on this forum.

I myself am "one of the chosen few from NEPA" whatever that means. It doesn't mean that I didn't work my butt off to get into this (and other) med schools. And despite being from NEPA, coming from a borderline poverty-level family, doing research, getting an MCAT score worthy of Harvard...I got zero financial aid except for federal loans, so I would love to know what these mysterious awards for NEPA students are that the school is giving out. They aren't giving them out, I've asked.

Tuition has NOT doubled. Not much else to say about that...it just hasn't.

"need-based aid no longer exists" - also false. The only need-based aid that really has existed so far is federal money or private scholarships and both are still available. Affiliation with the University of Scranton may open doors for more financial aid - but this is my own speculation and I'll be honest enough to admit that it is only speculation (and hope).

As for other speculations that have been mentioned - research being moved to the University of Scranton and renovating current research space at TCMC into clinical space - I don't know. Nobody does. This is the first I've heard anything about that, and I'm not sure why it would make sense to do that anyway since we are state of the art right where we are - both in the research labs and clinical skills simulation center. And after talking with one of our research faculty last week, I came away with the understanding that he was not concerned about an affiliation having an impact on his lab or his funding.

Accreditation: TCMC is, in fact, much closer to being accredited - real changes have been made, the LCME came in January, and they will meet to make a decision in June. Affiliation, whether the University of Scranton or another solid institution, would only help that process.

One of the hottest topics right now seems to be how affiliation will affect coverage of birth control by insurance and student health services. The student health services that we currently use is run by the Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education (WCGME) and it utilizes both residents and attending physicians. WCGME is not run by a Catholic institution, nor does this affiliation involve WCGME in any way. If the affiliation means we have to switch and start utilizing student health services through the University of Scranton, then yes, given that they are Catholic we would not have access to birth control through them. Pretty sure that doesn't stop you from walking just a few blocks from the school and finding a number of doctors that accept your insurance and are not against things like birth control. As for insurance - we buy our own right now anyway. As students, the school is not buying our insurance (only offering a plan) and I don't think that is going to change. So if the insurance offered in the future doesn't include everything you want - opt out and use the money to buy your own. Just like the students at the University of Scranton are not going without birth control - neither will we.

You don't need to "run" from TCMC. We still are a great school and will continue to be. One of the most important things that they have stressed while looking at offers for affiliation is that we remain true to our mission. We will still be making a huge difference in healthcare here in Scranton and NEPA. And the education we are getting, like early clinical exposure, the Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship, being extremely patient-centered, etc...I believe will make us a model for medical education and leaders in our field.

The public discussion for affiliation with the University of Scranton will end later in March. Then we will see for sure if we will actually be affiliating with them. It is not set in stone yet, although I think that it will most likely happen.

Any new, any different idea or institution is going to have a rough start. Nobody is going to agree about everything. People will get annoyed and angry. Some will tame their anger and use their energy and ideas to make a difference, and some will just jump ship and tell everyone else to run. That's just how it is for any new thing. You can use your own vision and passion to come and be a constructive part of TCMC and still get a great medical education. If you think you'll just get angry and bitter and can't handle something new and the bumps that come with the ride...then yeah, let someone else come. I personally don't regret coming and I'll always be able to look back at the things I did to get involved. I know I've helped, and next years class will have plenty of opportunity to help as well.

Thank you for posting this. As a recently accepted applicant who felt at home with TCMC, I was very disheartened by the post you are responding too. After my visit and discussions with the interim dean, I was really shocked to read such horrible things being said about TCMC--and being advised to "run while I still can"

My initial impression of the school was very positive, and the previous post made me feel lied to. Yes, the probation is a bit nerve-racking for a potential student, but I found solace in the fact that the quality of the medical education is not the issue here and that plans are in place to remedy the actual issues. It seems to me that all of the problems surrounding TCMC are issues that one might forsee encountering when starting a venture on the scale of a medical college.

It is exactly the fact that TCMC is a new school that influenced my decision to apply. It is an exciting time to be a part of it's formation. To all TCMC applicants out there, please do not lose all of your faith in TCMC. Lets see how this probation issue turns out in June. Once this is alleviated, together we can help work out the other kinks and make it into a school that we are proud to be affiliated with!

**Please more people (especially current students!!) provide your views/opinions. I think all of us current applicants would like as much of a discussion as possible to bring to light the true state of the school.

Last edited:
Even though Glassrose quoted the link??

:thumbup: I thought it was pretty self explanatory as well.

Thanks for chiming in, mrfutureMD, and providing us with some context and a different perspective.

“unless you're one of the chosen few from NEPA, then you pay nothing and are given awards that you do not deserve”

Wow! It looks like someone is having a little difficulty adjusting to the fact that they are not the shining star of medical school. It seems like the same old story as at the University of Scranton, students move to Scranton to attend school and have so much difficulty dealing with the local population they so obviously are better than.

What qualifies this student to determine who is deserving of awards? Maybe we should just realize that this person is the supreme authority of the universe and deserves the opportunity to tell everyone in the world what they do and do not deserve!

I didn’t realize that God had taken such issues with the way the Catholic Church is currently operating.

I see many positives for an affiliation with the UoS, as well as some concerns.

A few of my classmates are really frustrated about affiliating with a "catholic" school, and many of these frustrations are based on personal experiences. This is understandable, however, in my opinion, it does not sound fair to judge the UoS just based on previous experiences or what they "heard" about catholics as a whole (we have not had a chance to speak with a UoS administrator or students from other jesuit schools yet). Since we are in the process of negotiation as well as the fact we are unsure about the extent of the affiliation, it is best to just wait until we hear more from the Dean, whom has stated time and time again that they are aware of the majority of student concerns regarding an affiliation. As future doctor's I think there are more important things to worry about.

In regards to health insurance and coverage, the previous donations and current cushions provided by BlueCross, connections with the Wright Center, would lead to a lot of doubts about TCMC no longer offering their services with these partners.

I hope all applicants get a chance to hear from others as well so you can make an informed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.