Am I the Only Bloody Person Here Taking It On 5/19th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridethecliche

Meep Meep Meep
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, am I?

Gettin' a lil lonely up in hurr.

I think you and my friends (the MCAT) should hang out on the weekend.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7tup6yx4A[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

20150960.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess that makes two of us lol I kept waiting for the official thread but this is probably all the love we are going to get!

skrillex is a what douchey college bros and 15 year olds listen to. He completely ruined the electro/house/dubstep scene because everybody associates him with dubstep now. I loathe him and hate everything he does. Not to mention that I've been listening to dubstep and other electronic music since like sophmore year of high school and back then everyone would just be like "omg ur so weird why dont you listen to normal music lolz?" and now everyone is dick riding that type of music because its "in" right now. So once again, **** skrillex. Not trying to get all hipster on you because I still listen to all the types of music, I just wanted to point out how nearly everyone who is "into dubstep" is just a mindless sheep following the "trends".

skrillex is a what douchey college bros and 15 year olds listen to. He completely ruined the electro/house/dubstep scene because everybody associates him with dubstep now. I loathe him and hate everything he does. Not to mention that I've been listening to dubstep and other electronic music since like sophmore year of high school and back then everyone would just be like "omg ur so weird why dont you listen to normal music lolz?" and now everyone is dick riding that type of music because its "in" right now. So once again, **** skrillex. Not trying to get all hipster on you because I still listen to all the types of music, I just wanted to point out how nearly everyone who is "into dubstep" is just a mindless sheep following the "trends".

Um, I don't know how uneducated you are but Skillrex has done more for music and the world than you EVER will. It has been scientifically proven that listening to Skillrex can kill tumors and completely wipe out a cancer patient in ONE album. What can your precious webmd do?

I once played Skillrex in front of a prostitute and she said that it LITERALLY restored her faith in God.

Don't ****ing hate on God.

Um, I don't know how uneducated you are but Skillrex has done more for music and the world than you EVER will. It has been scientifically proven that listening to Skillrex can kill tumors and completely wipe out a cancer patient in ONE album. What can your precious webmd do?

I once played Skillrex in front of a prostitute and she said that it LITERALLY restored her faith in God.

Don't ****ing hate on God.

lolok

I feel like I'm one of 3 people taking the 5/31 test. I'll be your friend though ><

and hoping that person above is not srs

Rusko 'apologized' for making dub about mid ranges, but admits he likes skrillex's music.

And zomgz, sophy year of college for EDM? Kewl story bro. I lieked dem before dey were popular. You gaiz are just so mainstreamz...

I grew up on metal, trance, and kraftwerk. I know. It's pretty ridiculous. You can laugh. Hell, I'm laughing right now too :p

Benga, caspa, etc etc etc yeah sure godfathers, but it's a totally different direction in the music. I go to this stuff because it makes me want to move.

Yeah, there's ton of bro-step loving dude-bros who love skrillex, but he makes dance music and me makes it really bloody well. He does dub, electro house, dnb, and moombahton among other things.

So he's popular now. Big deal. Hate him, but his popularity in the US has made EDM so much bigger than it ever has been before. People listen to him, find 20 other things that are related to him and love those too.

So far in the last year or so, I've seen more dj's than I can keep track of. I've probably never been as psyched for a show as skrillex. Feed me (2x), RJD2, DJ Shadow, Kaskade, Nero, Crystal Method, Netsky, High Contrast, NiT GriT, Bassnectar, yada yada yada.

I'm seeing fatboy slim the same day as my test and I'm considering going to madeon and dancing my night off the night before my test. That last thing will probably not happen, but madeon's 17. He's still got a few shows left in him.

You're not cool because you hate skrill bro.

You might even make him cry.

Sonny+Moore+_65d9294e25d96f71a8078754d03f429b.jpg

Disclaimer: Listen to what you like man. I'm just bs'ing about the street cred and stuff.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually double checked my verification three times since I couldn't find a post here! I was sure I had the date wrong.

Anyways, a bit over a week to go! Let me just say, "thank goodness it is almost over" and get back to studying!

Good luck everybody:xf:

I was scheduled for 5/19 but switched to 5/24 because I wanted a different testing center.. but I did notice there were very little folks here scheduled for 5/19. Maybe it has something to do with the fact it's at 8am??

As posted in the Twitter thread...

I'm taking AAMC 6R split into the different sections this week. Did PS/BS already and got 12s. Not doing them strictly timed (working in a busy coffee shop), but paying more attention to passage style and question style etc.

Reviewing BS now. Reviewing PS and finishing VR tomorrow.

Then I'll just read all my notes and hit any weak spots.

I'm feeling pretty good about just about everything. If I can eliminate those couple of mistakes made by working too fast, etc, I'll be in great shape.

I'm honestly feeling pretty confident. A calm, but intense, confidence.

I feel pretty confident in the science sections (I consistently get 11-13 on every test), but I don't know what to think about the real test.. hopefully I score on the high end of this range :). Verbal is gonna be a pain because I never know how I'm doing while doing the section because all the answers are right in some way or another.

I think I'll get at least a 30 on sat, but I don't even know what to think.. My averages for all my practice tests (Kaplan and AAMC combined) is about a 30. I'm gonna walk in their thinking is just another school test and OWN THIS! lol

Here!!! I dont know why hardly anyone is taking it on Saturday. I'm gonna be at prometeric bright and early Saturday, ready to make that test my $@%*! :cool: (or vice versa:thumbdown:).

I'm here with you guys! I was originally going to take this thing back in April but postponed. Averaging about 28 with a high of 31 on tests. All I need is a 27 to be competitive at my state MD school. Hope we all do well! Honestly the test we get on Saturday will really determine my score....may get lucky....may not....lets hope its the former.

good luck nerds, this test is going to make you **** yourself so try not to get too nervous. But seriously, good luck!

Taking it on Saturday too...ah! retake from 1/27/12....I'm definitely more prepared, I hope to make 30+...averaging 32-33ish on aamcs with 11-14 on science sections and a solid 9-10 on verbal. Ugh....I hope my verbal from 1/27 doesn't go down (10). Good luck! I'm SO ready to be done!

Same here with my state's MDs. Yeah, because my avg. scores have been from 24-29( the higher ones being more recent) It'll nice to what the deviation is. But i've started to feel like screw it, "the die has been cast", sort of speak. I think all of us did all we could do to study for this beast and should feel proud of that, the rest is up to the brainiacs at AAMC.

I'm taking it this Saturday too! All I want to do is :sleep: everyday this week. Can't wait to get this over with!

Also taking on this date. Took on april 5th but voided after running out of time and leaving more than just a few questions blank. Good luck to everybody. I'll leave this post with my favorite quote from the movie Blow
"Sometimes you're flush, and sometimes you're bust. And when you're up its never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on"