ô¿ô *** Quillen (ETSU) c/o 2011 *** ô¿ô

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NashvilleWill14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the official thread!

Am I the only one here???

Members don't see this ad.

You're not the only one here. I can't wait to start at Quillen this fall!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everybody! Looking forward to seeing you in the fall. You're going to love Quillen. It's the best kept secret in medical education.

I'm in too. But, I would like to give a general bit of advice to those who arrive:

BEWARE OF NASHVILLEWILL14

==> He will drink your coffee in the lecture hall.

Ignore the above post -- stereochemistry has been working with the Vinyl Pyrroles for a little too long. His left PFC has more holes than the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail so he gets a little paranoid sometimes ;)

Seriously though, I'm cool around coffee. I'll watch it even. You can trust me. Honest.

I'm really looking forward to this fall. Just curious, where are you folks from? (pretty obvious here)

I'm living in Orlando, FL now, but I'm from here, there and everywhere (prior military). I will be moving to Johnson City in early June. :)

I'm coming from just over the mountains to the south -- Asheville, NC.

Can't wait to move to Johnson City.

For those interested, we should have a Bucks pizza (the local parlor directly opposite the med school) and drinks night before orientation begins to meet up; as if four years isn't enough time to get to know each other. :)

:thumbup: Quillen! Yeah!

I'm from Nashville too, born and raised. This is actually going to be my first big move away from Nashville (went to college here too).

Yo Guys! I am probably going too! I am also from Nashvegas (Only Raised though).

QCOM Class of 2011
Attending List
NashevilleWill14
BlueIsis
fantasmik
khoshtipp (probably?)
stereochemistry

New People, please add yourself!

QCOM Class of 2011
Attending List
NashvilleWill14
BlueIsis
fantasmik
khoshtipp (probably?)
stereochemistry

Members don't see this ad :)
The US Postal Service once issued a stamp nationwide with Asheville spelled Ashville. That caused more of an uproar than your little feud with my spelling. Go do some calculus.

My calculations indicate that Asheville should be honored to be spelled like such a grand city / SDNer.

My calculations indicate that Asheville should be honored to be spelled like such a grand city / SDNer.

Asheville >>>> Nashville.

We got 9 Smashing Pumpkins shows. Top that, shvillewill.

Your city is total garbage. You live down the street from Vanderbilt. While visiting, the stench of under achievement caused me to looosoooseee connciouussness....

Asheville >>>> Nashville.

We got 9 Smashing Pumpkins shows. Top that, shvillewill.

Man, I would LOVE to get a pair of them SP tickets. I've been a fan since 1993 (huge fan by the way).

Man, I would LOVE to get a pair of them SP tickets. I've been a fan since 1993 (huge fan by the way).

They are only a few hundred dollars on ebay. Could you get the school to factor it into your financial aid package for the coming year? ;)

For those with Myspace accounts, join the Quillen College of Medicine group.

And can anyone explain why all medical schools on myspace are called "Such and Such College of Medicalicine" ?

I started a Facebook group: "Quillen College of Medicine Class of 2011"

Stereochemistry,
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

THE University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Class of 2011

:cool:

With the amount of posting going on in this thread, you'd think that we would have merely a little over fifty people in the class. ;)

Has everyone found a place to live in ETSU? Is anyone looking for roommates? I am thinking about purchasing a condo, but I am still waiting on another school. In any case...Orientation starts on July 24th...I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

hi everyone. Sorry, I didn't know this thread existed. I am coming Quillen this year as well. Add me to the list... hope everyone is pumped up and I can't wait to meet everyone!

Attending List
NashvilleWill14
BlueIsis
fantasmik
khoshtipp (probably?)
stereochemistry
gonnabmd

That's 1/10th of the class.

Attending List
NashvilleWill14
BlueIsis
fantasmik
khoshtipp (probably?)
stereochemistry
gonnabmd

That's 1/10th of the class.

Just found the thread... I'll be there too. See you all in July! :)

Attending List
NashvilleWill14
BlueIsis
fantasmik
khoshtipp (probably?)
stereochemistry
gonnabmd
PabsMD

Anyone already in Johnson City?

I have an odd request, but here goes. I'm in charge of getting people to respond to the 31 question's thread in the mentor forum and am looking for current students at all of the med schools of the US. So, I realize this is the class thread for the incoming class, but perhaps someone from previous classes has been helpful in answering your questions and giving you advice in this thread. I have no time to read through every single class thread to get this info, but if you could post some user names of some such people (or pm them to me, including what school you are from), I can pm them with my request. Thanks!

Anyone already in Johnson City?

Yup...we're almost moved in. We actually bought a house in Jonesborough though. It's about a 15 minute drive away from Quillen. So far we love it here. Traffic is virtually zero and the peolpe are very friendly.

Can anyone direct me to some very nice apartments in the ETSU area?

Does anybody know if this applies to Quillen's tuition since ETSU is a BOR school?

add me too! I will be seeing u guys in a few weeks. Im thinking about purchasing a condo too dont know for sure yet.

Attending List
NashvilleWill14
BlueIsis
fantasmik
khoshtipp (probably?)
stereochemistry
gonnabmd
PabsMD
Dell123

I'm coming from just over the mountains to the south -- Asheville, NC.

Can't wait to move to Johnson City.

For those interested, we should have a Bucks pizza (the local parlor directly opposite the med school) and drinks night before orientation begins to meet up; as if four years isn't enough time to get to know each other. :)

:thumbup: Quillen! Yeah!

I just moved to JC. Is anyone planning on meeting up before orientation? See you guys soon!

Now hear this! We only have a few more days left before our lives are irreparably altered!! I say Bucks Pizza, Monday night! Who's interested?

Respond here, message me or NashvilleWill14 ... let's start this school thing off with a full stomach.

Im in for tomorrow night. What time?

7:00 pm tonight at bucks...

be there... or be hungry.

oh wow. ok. yeah. medical school.

crap.