“Do not rehire”

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FakePharmacist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone explain what it means to be put on “do not rehire” list at cvs? Obviously i know what its saying but what are the details? Could one be rehired after a certain period or is this like an eternal thing? Haha

Members don't see this ad.

I know at my work, you won’t be accepted as an applicant at any of the locations nationwide once you’re on that list. I’m not with CVS, though.

Just like it sounds... you ain’t gettin hired (cuz you did something...)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Could someone explain what it means to be put on “do not rehire” list at cvs? Obviously i know what its saying but what are the details? Could one be rehired after a certain period or is this like an eternal thing? Haha

Gotta get someone on this thread who worked as dm at CVS. But like all other policies at these big corporate places, they have great flexibility. If there ever is a shortage of rphs, they would hire you again as long as your license was good.

If they screwed you over and didn't deserve to get fired take solace. I worked there, had a positive experience, left on good terms, on my own terms and would not go back. They are on my "would not work for again" list.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder what happens if you are on this list and end up acquired (revco, caremark, longs, omnicare, and now aetna).

Reactions: 1 user
I know at my work, you won’t be accepted as an applicant at any of the locations nationwide once you’re on that list. I’m not with CVS, though.

Just like it sounds... you ain’t gettin hired (cuz you did something...)

I didnt do anything other than leave. District sup was telling me that i may be put on do not rehire list bc I put in my last day 2 days before the actual 2 week day. Only reason i did that is bc my new place asked if i can start early. Also, i ran by all this with my PM and he was okay with me leaving a couple of days early. Its not like they had issues finding coverage either.

Not that ill ever go back. Anyone that ever worked for cvs knows why anyone would leave and not go back. But just dont want to leave in bad terms.

This isnt surprising coming from cvs. Ironically this kind of bs is what drove me away in the first place.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder what happens if you are on this list and end up acquired (revco, caremark, longs, omnicare, and now aetna).
I assume it matters. During my Omnicare interview, I was specifically asked if I had ever worked at CVS or a CVS-owned company before and if so, if I was rehirable.

There's federal law (Title 15) on the issue that the company may not immediately remove an employee due to a past negative relationship if received in an acquisition UNLESS it was pursuant to a criminal conviction, and in that case, they can only layoff and pay workers' compensation. In fact, it's pretty tricky as it's almost guaranteed retaliation to the labor board if someone is removed within 5 years with a previous negative relationship.

Reactions: 4 users
I didnt do anything other than leave. District sup was telling me that i may be put on do not rehire list bc I put in my last day 2 days before the actual 2 week day. Only reason i did that is bc my new place asked if i can start early. Also, i ran by all this with my PM and he was okay with me leaving a couple of days early. Its not like they had issues finding coverage either.

Not that ill ever go back. Anyone that ever worked for cvs knows why anyone would leave and not go back. But just dont want to leave in bad terms.

This isnt surprising coming from cvs. Ironically this kind of bs is what drove me away in the first place.

Exactly, you left early. That is how the majority of places are in my experience... if you don’t do the standard time (full 2 weeks notice), you’re then on the do not hire list.

Pharmacist quit here with zero notice = never will be hired again. I’ve witnessed it.

Exactly, you left early. That is how the majority of places are in my experience... if you don’t do the standard time (full 2 weeks notice), you’re then on the do not hire list.

Pharmacist quit here with zero notice = never will be hired again. I’ve witnessed it.

Ok. Thats great. Anyone here have an actual answer to my question?

Wow, how petty. I can see how quitting without any notice might be a problem, especially if you close the pharmacy but give me a break. What they are saying is the basically want all control, employees have no rights. I would quit and don't look back.

Worked at the VA and a contract pharmacist was offered a GS position. The pharmacist was good, well liked and wanted to work there. The pharmacy chief offered the pharmacist a GS 11 position not GS 12 roughly $10,000 a year less. Not only did this pharmacist quit, she also sent out a medical center wide email criticizing the pharmacy chief. The chief confided in me that he would never hire her again. I thought to myself I don't think she cares. Also saw an rph at wags take tons of overtime shifts, then bail out leaving the district scheduler to scramble to find coverage.

Members don't see this ad :)
“Could one be rehired after a certain period or is this like an eternal thing?”

Why wouldnt i want an answer for this question?

To be fair you asked 3 different questions in the original post.

Sounds like you need someone from HR/DM level position to answer your question. I have seen techs, which I thought were put on 'do not rehire' list, rehired. You would probably need the person hiring you back to make an extra effort to get you back in. At this point, you can't even verify if you are on that list. All you have is a departing word of a district leader.

To be fair you asked 3 different questions in the original post.

Sounds like you need someone from HR/DM level position to answer your question. I have seen techs, which I thought were put on 'do not rehire' list, rehired. You would probably need the person hiring you back to make an extra effort to get you back in. At this point, you can't even verify if you are on that list. All you have is a departing word of a district leader.

It means that in states that are "right to work" that corporate can block an otherwise qualified hire for past history. In states that are more workers' rights friendly, it means that the rules that protect from other discrimination do not apply in this case. Basically, any of CVS's subsidiaries, you're probably not going to get hired except for jobs that no one will take otherwise.

“Could one be rehired after a certain period or is this like an eternal thing?”
Why wouldnt i want an answer for this question?

See:

Unless it has exceptional cause, why would a company spend the resources to go into its HR system and change someone's "do not rehire" status?

I understand your question, but why would it even occur to you?

Why would it ever expire?

Call CVS HR department in Rhode Island and ask them if you are on the list and what it exactly means . If you could still work for omnicare, etc.

In ohio techs have 6 months from being hired to pass the company's certificate training (approved by board of pharmacy). If they fail to complete this they are transferred to the front end store and if no position is available then they are terminated. They are eligible for rehire in pharmacy after 2 years. This is with techs so no idea with rph.

Eternal - up until the last time I tried to go back. Have not tried recently. I have asked the myHR reps whether my file states I may be rehired or not. Time and time again, I have been told I am rehire-able. I honestly believe there's another list, the "don't tell him he's never going to be rehired" list. You get the idea. That's for pharmacists. It might be different for techs. God knows good techs are hard to come by. I guess I do not have an answer for that.

Eternal - up until the last time I tried to go back. Have not tried recently. I have asked the myHR reps whether my file states I may be rehired or not. Time and time again, I have been told I am rehire-able. I honestly believe there's another list, the "don't tell him he's never going to be rehired" list. You get the idea. That's for pharmacists. It might be different for techs. God knows good techs are hard to come by. I guess I do not have an answer for that.

A employer will never out and out tell you that you are not rehireable. If you really want to know, you need to get a friend to call, pretending that they are an employer considering hiring you, and have your friend ask for your dates of employment and whether or not you are rehireable.

It is a sad day when CVS is the one that blacklisting you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you let go by CVS or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you ever get off this "do not hire" list?

Without a Rx sup/"district leader" chiming in on the process, assume forever and you can't control what they do.