“The resident” new show

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nextyearrx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone watch this show?

Members don't see this ad.

Just watched it last night. Wasn't my favorite. I did appreciate how when the patient started crashing they called for "pharm" to be at the bedside. That was probably the only part I liked about the show.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
He legit said that a transplant heart would last the guy 50+ years. That's when I knew it was bull****.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't want to actually watch the show to see for myself, so can someone confirm my take based on the commercial?

It follows a young resident who is full of heart, has some bumps along the way, but ultimately HE teaches everyone else about medicine and/or pulls of miraculous cures that should be medically impossible. Also there may be some sort of religious undertone.

Am I close? Is "the resident" actually Jesus?

Reactions: 2 users
He legit said that a transplant heart would last the guy 50+ years. That's when I knew it was bull****.

Eh, he meant more that it was better used on a late-20s,early-30s in-shape/fitness freak guy versus a 65 year old steak eating/cigar smoking senator. (To anyone who hasn't seen it, pretty much the context of the scene was, the heart was originally gonna go to the doctor's young friend, and then just at the same time a senator was admitted to the hospital and hospital administration had the heart re-allocated to the senator. Doctor was arguing with administration about why the heart shouldnt go to the senator)

I don't want to actually watch the show to see for myself, so can someone confirm my take based on the commercial?

It follows a young resident who is full of heart, has some bumps along the way, but ultimately HE teaches everyone else about medicine and/or pulls of miraculous cures that should be medically impossible. Also there may be some sort of religious undertone.

Am I close? Is "the resident" actually Jesus?

I see it as a millenial drama filled version of Scrubs. The young Indian doctor is JD, "The Resident" is Dr. Cox.

Lol I don't think that's how organ transplant works .... I may be wrong but I thought the organ group determined who received the organ

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, I believe both patients were a match for it but he was upset about the hospital pretty much cancelling surgery, taking the heart and giving it to a VIP patient instead.

Loved it when the Chief of Surgery was the only MD at the Code Blue and The Resident came in and saved the day with the bucket of ice! Such drama!

"muh realism"

Attachments

• 20180129_130445.png
    20180129_130445.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 42