0.5 hours short on pre-req... what do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brokeninnosense

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I didn't really notice this before, but I'm going to be short 0.5 credits for the gen chem. For most schools the pre-req is 1 year, but I have one quarter and one semester. I didn't notice this until I got a secondary today, and when I was entering the pre-req section I only had 11.5 hours, and 12 hours are required. What should I do?

Do all the secondaries have a section to enter the pre-reqs?

Could I possibly enter that I'll take a "planned" class at a community college to fulfill it in the upcoming year? And what class would I take to fulfill it? I previously took the first quarter of gen chem and the last semester of gen chem. I got a 12 in PS on my MCAT, so I've kinda demonstated my gen chem isn't lacking.

Do I have to withdraw from the application cycle because this is pretty much a pre-req for most schools? I don't want to wait another year to apply :(

Members don't see this ad.

So, I didn't really notice this before, but I'm going to be short 0.5 credits for the gen chem. For most schools the pre-req is 1 year, but I have one quarter and one semester. I didn't notice this until I got a secondary today, and when I was entering the pre-req section I only had 11.5 hours, and 12 hours are required. What should I do?

Do all the secondaries have a section to enter the pre-reqs?

Could I possibly enter that I'll take a "planned" class at a community college to fulfill it in the upcoming year? And what class would I take to fulfill it? I previously took the first quarter of gen chem and the last semester of gen chem. I got a 12 in PS on my MCAT, so I've kinda demonstated my gen chem isn't lacking.

Do I have to withdraw from the application cycle because this is pretty much a pre-req for most schools? I don't want to wait another year to apply :(

as long as all requirement is satisfied at the time of matriculation, you are fine. just tell med schools your situation and they will understand. ask them what you should do in this special situation

as long as all requirement is satisfied at the time of matriculation, you are fine. just tell med schools your situation and they will understand. ask them what you should do in this special situation

Hmm, when you were applying, did other school secondaries require you to input what classes you have that fulfill their pre-reqs?