1.5 week schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yanks4life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking my MCAT next friday (21st) have nothing to do but study til then. Any suggestions on how to break down these terrible few days? I have 5 AAMC's and probably am weakest in PS (Range from 7 to 9) or Verbal (maybe a 8 or 9) (Consistently 9 or greater in BS). If i was to take a test every day and go over it is that okay? I was thinking test, review, and just go over content stuff all day from here on out til test day.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If it were me, and you hadn't gone through each test question by question, I would do that. You would be surprised at what sticks with you. Also, you can review through the AAMC what kinds of questions you have trouble with. I wish I had used those tools more.

I've taken most of the AAMCs....scoring around/below a 30.... :(....I'm very inconsistent with my scores, I think a major reason is due to timing issues, I wish I had started taking tests earlier to work on timing....so here on out...i'm working on the old kaplan full lengths for timing and even content and then this friday and sunday I'm taking my last 2 AAMCs 6R and 10R....

Hoping to get a 32 on the real exam...or even up to a 35-36 if I can make it.... =)....yay constant vigilance!

I would recommend taking the CBT exams every other day too (so you can switch between content and test taking to see an improvement) and keeping a list of errors you made....or things you forgot and need to remember....its been working well for me, I go over my errors lis every 2 days.....I used to score very low earliar and keeping the errors list is helping.

I haven't touched the writing section yet...I plan to sorta read through some samples starting monday....

O btw....taking the exam on aug 21st too

Good luck! Yes, practiceeee!!! especially the AAMCs!

Also, what do you guys think about the old...2003 kaplan full lengths, I have them, I have done some but startign august I had switched to AAMC tests, with only two tests left...I want to use kaplan for timing practice before taking my last 2 aamcs....which kaplan full lengths out of the 11 were most helpful?

Thank you....sorry if I took over the thread....hope this helps you guys too.....good luck!!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've taken most of the AAMCs....scoring around/below a 30.... :(....I'm very inconsistent with my scores, I think a major reason is due to timing issues, I wish I had started taking tests earlier to work on timing....so here on out...i'm working on the old kaplan full lengths for timing and even content and then this friday and sunday I'm taking my last 2 AAMCs 6R and 10R....

Hoping to get a 32 on the real exam...or even up to a 35-36 if I can make it.... =)....yay constant vigilance!

I would recommend taking the CBT exams every other day too (so you can switch between content and test taking to see an improvement) and keeping a list of errors you made....or things you forgot and need to remember....its been working well for me, I go over my errors lis every 2 days.....I used to score very low earliar and keeping the errors list is helping.

I haven't touched the writing section yet...I plan to sorta read through some samples starting monday....

Also, what do you guys think about the old...2003 kaplan full lengths, I have them, I have done some but startign august I had switched to AAMC tests, with only two tests left...I want to use kaplan for timing practice before taking my last 2 aamcs....which kaplan full lengths out of the 11 were most helpful?

Thank you....sorry if I took over the thread....hope this helps you guys too.....good luck!!! :thumbup:

best of luck...yeah just use the remaining FLs for practice problems under timed conditions... just split them up between days and look for weaknesses...

Something like this:

Day 85: Break
Day 86: AAMC #8
Day 87: Review FL + Practice problems
Day 88: Review FL + Practice problems
Day 89: AAMC #9
Day 90: Review FL + Practice problems
Day 91: Review FL + Practice problems
Day 92: Break
Day 93: AAMC #10
Day 94: Review FL + Practice problems
Day 95: Review FL + Practice problems
Day 96: Break
MCAT

i havent looked at anything for the writing section, what do you plan to go over? are there sample essays online that one can read? i think everyone said kaplan FL 1-6 are the one's to do and rest are ignored mostly. I'm taking it on 21st aswell, good luck to all

Thanks for the responses guys, good luck to all. SN2, my personal thinking is that I feel that I don't just want to do a 5 hour test and nothing else those days lol. So sometimes i'll finish the test by like 3 take a break, and go from 5-830 9ish reviewing it and rereading any subjects I made mistakes on. But thanks again for all of your help!

i havent looked at anything for the writing section, what do you plan to go over? are there sample essays online that one can read? i think everyone said kaplan FL 1-6 are the one's to do and rest are ignored mostly. I'm taking it on 21st aswell, good luck to all
Using the Kaplan Full Lengths I have....reading the samples from there and also doing the AAMC writing samples. I haven't been taking the WS while taking the test.