1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

1.5 weeks left til D-day!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by demolitionlvr, Jul 29, 2011.

1. demolitionlvr

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My studying for the past 2.5 months.

(the DAT schedule 8 week plan)
    - DAT destroyer 2x
    - Chads Videos
    - Crack DAT PAT
    - Cliffs Notes once with notes and highlighting
    -Kaplan quizzes and tests
    - 3 practice tests

Right now:
    -Finishing Math destroyer and then go through 2nd time timed.
    - 3 practice tests left.

My question:
    Any suggestions in how to spread this out for the remaining days? I'm very structure oriented so once I was done with the 8 week schedule, I was kind of lost and lost motivation. So far my practice tests have come out to AA 19 and PAT 20-23 range. My goal: HIGHEST SCORE POSSIBLE

I know I got PAT hands down so not worried about it and I've been focusing most of my time to GC and OC.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. winnie bear

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    That's great that you're getting 20 to 23 range on CDP! Angle ranking was the hardest part for me on the actual DAT. I don't have the highest score, but it might be helpful to simulate the actual d-day and go through all the sections within 4 hours to test your endurance. Other than that, with 2.5 months of studying under your belt, I think you're golden.

4. demolitionlvr

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks! but anyone have suggestions in how to spread out my next days?

5. radmazindds

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I don't have much time left either so up until the week before my exam, I'm doing what I call "test cycles." I do each section of the exam timed (but not necessarily in the same order or one right after the other) until I get every section done. Then I spend the rest of the day reviewing those questions (these are from all the resources: use DAT destroyer for ur science/math questions, CDP for PAT, and whatever u've been doing for RC for RC. Then a week before the exam I'm going to take an exam a day at exactly 2pm (when my test is scheduled) completely timed, as if it's the real deal. And relax a day before with light review. That's the plan at least.