1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

1.5 weeks left til D-day!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by demolitionlvr, Jul 29, 2011.

1. demolitionlvr

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My studying for the past 2.5 months.

(the DAT schedule 8 week plan)
    - DAT destroyer 2x
    - Chads Videos
    - Crack DAT PAT
    - Cliffs Notes once with notes and highlighting
    -Kaplan quizzes and tests
    - 3 practice tests

Right now:
    -Finishing Math destroyer and then go through 2nd time timed.
    - 3 practice tests left.

My question:
    Any suggestions in how to spread this out for the remaining days? I'm very structure oriented so once I was done with the 8 week schedule, I was kind of lost and lost motivation. So far my practice tests have come out to AA 19 and PAT 20-23 range. My goal: HIGHEST SCORE POSSIBLE

I know I got PAT hands down so not worried about it and I've been focusing most of my time to GC and OC.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. winnie bear

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    That's great that you're getting 20 to 23 range on CDP! Angle ranking was the hardest part for me on the actual DAT. I don't have the highest score, but it might be helpful to simulate the actual d-day and go through all the sections within 4 hours to test your endurance. Other than that, with 2.5 months of studying under your belt, I think you're golden.

4. demolitionlvr

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks! but anyone have suggestions in how to spread out my next days?

5. radmazindds

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I don't have much time left either so up until the week before my exam, I'm doing what I call "test cycles." I do each section of the exam timed (but not necessarily in the same order or one right after the other) until I get every section done. Then I spend the rest of the day reviewing those questions (these are from all the resources: use DAT destroyer for ur science/math questions, CDP for PAT, and whatever u've been doing for RC for RC. Then a week before the exam I'm going to take an exam a day at exactly 2pm (when my test is scheduled) completely timed, as if it's the real deal. And relax a day before with light review. That's the plan at least.