inthe4cast

What's in the 4-cast?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
Sorry if this has been done before.

My first choice is Dartmouth, because in my opinion, it's in the most beautiful area in the country, it's Ivy, and I love the rural northeast life. I want to practice here, so it's also where I want to go to school.

Who's up?

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Yeah I think it has been done before, but what the hey...

its my state school, great clinical training, smart/fun people, close to home, great atmosphere, caring admin, etc etc!

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
inthe4cast said:

My first choice is Dartmouth, because in my opinion, it's in the most beautiful area in the country, it's Ivy, and I love the rural northeast life. I want to practice here, so it's also where I want to go to school.

Who's up?
I wanna go to the HOPE school in Poland. It's a private school, I love the freezing cold temperature, I love Polish people. and it's got the highest literacy rate in the world.

or I could go to Louisville :) public cheap school, i love the basketball and football, i love kentuckians (i'm serious) and it's got one of the lowest literacy rates.... lol

(hope y'all caught the sarcasm)

Homer Doughnuts

Homer Doughnuts
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
The Lou
Status
virilep said:
I wanna go to the HOPE school in Poland. It's a private school, I love the freezing cold temperature, I love Polish people. and it's got the highest literacy rate in the world.

or I could go to Louisville :) public cheap school, i love the basketball and football, i love kentuckians (i'm serious) and it's got one of the lowest literacy rates.... lol

(hope y'all caught the sarcasm)

Dude, my Girl is in her 4th year of Medical School in Poland and she really has to bust her ass to get a good US residency. The whole LCME accreditation thing is a big deal (in the eyes of the match). You should seriously consider the + / - of going international. I agree that there are excellent international programs but you will definitely face bias in the match. I know someone is reading this and freaking out right now. But the simple fact is being an international student, even if you are a US citizen puts you at an initial disadvantage in graduate medical education. So I would say if you can go to a US school, do it, do it all night long !!!!

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
Medical Student
inthe4cast said:

Who's up?
Columbia--Wall Street
Stanford--Silicon Valley
(MD/MBA, go figure)

vhawk

2K Member
Gold Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Choice: Georgetown