1 month left till finals; is it possible to cram a semester's worth of stuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D30417995

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
due to illness this semester, i couldn't really study for much of the semester; i was fairly depressed; however, it's not like i'm now starting from scratch; i do have some idea of what each lecture's about and know the 2nd half of the semester's materials quite well. have you guys ever tried cramming a whole semester's stuff in a month? i feel i'm doomed to do poorly :( i mean, i'll pass, but a 55% doesn't look good on the transcript at all. how long do u guys usually spend to specifically prepare for finals?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are talking about undergrad, I believe it is possible. If you are talking about medical school...no it is not possible. :smuggrin:

I would do some practice questions and see which areas you have the most problems with and then focus on those areas. Practice questions are the best way to assess and reinforce knowlege.

Regarding time, spend as much time as you have available....forget T.V. or even studentdoctor.net :)eek: ) for awhile.

This person is a foreign medical student and therefore I am moving this post to the International Medical Forum for comment there.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: Totally possible!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck! :luck:

due to illness this semester, i couldn't really study for much of the semester; i was fairly depressed; however, it's not like i'm now starting from scratch; i do have some idea of what each lecture's about and know the 2nd half of the semester's materials quite well. have you guys ever tried cramming a whole semester's stuff in a month? i feel i'm doomed to do poorly i mean, i'll pass, but a 55% doesn't look good on the transcript at all. how long do u guys usually spend to specifically prepare for finals?

American medical students do not take finals in one month and therefore your thread has been moved to a Forum where medical students with similiar experiences can reply. If American allopathic medical students wish to reply to this thread, they may do so in the appropriate forum.

You'r screwed... you will be lucky to pass, but hopefully the faculty will show mercy as you would've already filled out the consideration forms.

Perhaps you should defer a year and start over..

You'r screwed... you will be lucky to pass, but hopefully the faculty will show mercy as you would've already filled out the consideration forms.

Perhaps you should defer a year and start over..

are u serious?

due to illness this semester, i couldn't really study for much of the semester; i was fairly depressed; however, it's not like i'm now starting from scratch; i do have some idea of what each lecture's about and know the 2nd half of the semester's materials quite well. have you guys ever tried cramming a whole semester's stuff in a month? i feel i'm doomed to do poorly :( i mean, i'll pass, but a 55% doesn't look good on the transcript at all. how long do u guys usually spend to specifically prepare for finals?
I would talk to the faculty about deceling or seeing if you can postpone your exams. I have a friend at Newcastle who took a semester off from studies for personal reasons.