1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

1 month left till finals; is it possible to cram a semester's worth of stuff?

Discussion in 'Australasia and Oceania' started by D30417995, May 8, 2007.

1. D30417995

D30417995 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    due to illness this semester, i couldn't really study for much of the semester; i was fairly depressed; however, it's not like i'm now starting from scratch; i do have some idea of what each lecture's about and know the 2nd half of the semester's materials quite well. have you guys ever tried cramming a whole semester's stuff in a month? i feel i'm doomed to do poorly :( i mean, i'll pass, but a 55% doesn't look good on the transcript at all. how long do u guys usually spend to specifically prepare for finals?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ut2010

ut2010 Medical Student
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you are talking about undergrad, I believe it is possible. If you are talking about medical school...no it is not possible. :smuggrin:

I would do some practice questions and see which areas you have the most problems with and then focus on those areas. Practice questions are the best way to assess and reinforce knowlege.

Regarding time, spend as much time as you have available....forget T.V. or even studentdoctor.net :)eek: ) for awhile.

4. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This person is a foreign medical student and therefore I am moving this post to the International Medical Forum for comment there.

5. Hollycozza

5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    :thumbup: Totally possible!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck! :luck:

6. D30417995

D30417995 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    due to illness this semester, i couldn't really study for much of the semester; i was fairly depressed; however, it's not like i'm now starting from scratch; i do have some idea of what each lecture's about and know the 2nd half of the semester's materials quite well. have you guys ever tried cramming a whole semester's stuff in a month? i feel i'm doomed to do poorly i mean, i'll pass, but a 55% doesn't look good on the transcript at all. how long do u guys usually spend to specifically prepare for finals?

7. bjackrian

bjackrian Senior Member
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  8. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    American medical students do not take finals in one month and therefore your thread has been moved to a Forum where medical students with similiar experiences can reply. If American allopathic medical students wish to reply to this thread, they may do so in the appropriate forum.

9. rice_boy

rice_boy Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You'r screwed... you will be lucky to pass, but hopefully the faculty will show mercy as you would've already filled out the consideration forms.

Perhaps you should defer a year and start over..

10. D30417995

D30417995 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student

are u serious?

11. JoeNamaMD

JoeNamaMD Membership Revoked
    Removed

I would talk to the faculty about deceling or seeing if you can postpone your exams. I have a friend at Newcastle who took a semester off from studies for personal reasons.