1 month out; question about strategy...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FollowTheMoney

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my exam on July 16 and I've been wondering if I should not review content anymore and just do as many practice questions/tests as humanly possible. Should I just review content I'm weak on? Should I skim and do passages? I've been doing content and practice up to this point so far but BR is dense and A LOT of work. Any advice to conserve time? I was going to start EK 101 tomorrow and just do a full verbal test everyday and be finished with all of them by the beginning of July.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC #3.

For your main question, yes should be doing some content review as part of your post-test review. Unless you get everything right :p Chances are you'll discover a content weakness that needs some attention.

Members don't see this ad :)
One strategy that might work in your case is:

1. Take a FL in AM.
2. Look at explanations only for incorrect answers in evening.
3. Next AM, look at content related to incorrect answers that you still didn't understand after reading the explanations.
4. Read explanations for correct answers in evening (using them as review)
5. Repeat; so end up taking 1 FL every other day.

That's what a friend of mine did. Worked for her.

As for the order... After taking the test yesterday and reading previous mcat club threads, (and depending on what type of test you get,) the AAMC sciences will probably not be as representative as Kaplan and BR sciences. Thus, I would cycle through all 3 (i.e. AAMC3, KR1, BR1, AAMC4, etc).

I'd still end up with AAMC 8-10 in the end but I wouldn't have gotten too used to the AAMC sciences. This way, I'd be prepared for all different types of tests they'd throw my way.

Good luck.

Last edited: