1 question for my interview, that’s it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PREOPTODOC

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I recently interviewed at my dream school & I was only asked ONE question. And after answering it, the interviewer says “do you have any questions for me?”....I was expecting more questions!!

I am really disappointed, as I got waitlisted!! Is this at all common to base it on ONE question?

Members don't see this ad.

Really?? That's odd. What did you guys talk about? Was it a professor or admissions committee?

Honestly I would be disappointed too if that happened to me. Especially since a lot of people travel really far for these interviews.

It was an elderly professor who interviewed me. He just said: “tell me about you”, and so I just did my 3 minute intro about why I want to pursue Optometry. And then the rest of the time was me asking the professor the questions. Yeah I was really sad!

Which school was this, if you don’t mind me asking? I also felt my interview was short and then ended up being put on standby after two weeks.