1 week left till step 2 CK...do UWORLD again or USMLE Rx?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oreo2004

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have a week of 8hour days left till CK, what would be better use of my time? Going through UWORLD questions that I flagged or doing as many USMLE Rx as possible?

Members don't see this ad.

1 week for me too!

I've been rocking the last few sets of Uworld in the high 80's but I still have about 300 questions left. Should be able to finish up this weekend. First pass overall percentage for random 44 question blocks 75%.

My question.. Re-do UWorld or re-read First Aid? Should I do an NBME practice test? Uworld self-assessment 1 was 248 last week.

I NEED > 240!

Tips?

Sounds like you're doing great!!
Def do NBME 4 if you have time, the questions were long and challenging which let me know where I stood and allowed me to target my weak points.
I need >240 too, so I'm in your shoes!

The reason I was debating about USMLE Rx is that it is made by the people that write FA so I thought it would be a good Q&A way to review FA as opposed to reading the boring book over again. But there's no way I have time to get through 2700 questions. Plus I've marked like 700 in UW so I don't know if it is better if I go through those or not, my average is 79%.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Both of you guys are going to CRUSH step 2, those are super high average for a first pass through WORLD. I think the tagged post with the UWorld and 100 past averages with the linear progression is a great indicator of how you guys will do! 79% is like 265 status 75% is at least 260. Your hard work will both pay off, best of luck, stick with world!

i signed up for a month of Rx a while back just to BS a little. it's definitely better than Rx for step1 and through 60% of the qbank i was averaging 70-75%. you still see a lot of high yield repetition but i guess it's good for drilling factoids into your head.

my test is in 4 weeks and i only have 30 Qs left in uworld (bloops), so i'm gonna have to get a month of qbank to keep my brain honed