1 Year Masters Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biffer

The good times doc
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anyone help me out by listing all of the 1yr masters programs out there?

I know of:
Hahnemann
Georgetown

thanks so much,
biffer

Members don't see this ad.

Finch University, Norht Chicago, IL
Applied Physiology, MS

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of Canadian schools offer one year M.A. programs in the humanities. Actually, it's 3 terms, with each term being four months. If you want to fastrack and do it in a calendar year, most schools will let you.

Two schools that I know of for sure:

University of Windsor: www.uwindsor.ca (Windsor is a border city, right next to Detroit, so you can stay in good ol' USA if you want and just commute - lots of students do so).

Unversity of Western Ontario www.uwo.ca (they think they're the Harvard of the north, but they are not. They are still an excellent university, though)

C.

BU- my buddy is doing a 1 year Masters in Physiology there right now.. if u need info let me know

there's a 1 year masters program at Northwestern in Neurobiology/Physiology. However, previous research experience is strongly recommended. I'm actually considering this program if I don't get accepted this time around. App deadline is March 31 for fall of 2003.

Thanks a lot everyone. I should specify that I'm interested in biological science programs. Has anyone completed any of these programs? thoughts?
please keep the suggestions coming,
biffer

In Canada you can do almost any master's program in a year if you work hard, and include both summers... they are typically two-year programs with a regular courseload, and one-year programs with a lot of work. A good backup to medicine, because if you get in the first year then you can finish the master's in time, and if you don't, you can stretch the master's a second year.

Biffer, I think the Hahnemann masters is two years......the first year is post-bacc, then if you do your second year, you get a masters.

Originally posted by lady bug
Biffer, I think the Hahnemann masters is two years......the first year is post-bacc, then if you do your second year, you get a masters.

This is true. Hahnemann's (Drexel) masters in Medical Science is two years. The first year is a post-bac.

Howdy.

There are quite a few one year masters programs at the Hopkins School of Public Health; this includes more research based areas such as immunology and biochem. Check it out at www.jhsph.edu. Other public health schools may offer one year masters programs as well.

Good luck in your search!

Hi Biffer -

Hope this will be a useful link to master programs which you are looking for. A list of master programs is provided at the end of the web page. It also includes post-bac programs as well.

http://www-hl.syr.edu/hpap/LISTPB.HTM

I did MCP masters program. This is the second year that I am applying. It is a good program. I highly recommend it.

Do you guys know any 1 year master's program on the WEST SIDDDDDDEEEEEEE??? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Boston U has a 1 yr. Pysch masters..