1 year of English

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorSwagger

Baller wit dat swagger
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I come from a university that allowed me to skip their basic English class because of my ACT score. So I’ve been given a check mark for a semester of English and I also finished one semester of a writing class. Do I need to attend another semester of English as part of the pre med requirement or am I Gucci?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I had a similar situation - ended up taking an additional semester - far too many med schools require two semesters of English on a college campus. Most will accept one semester of a writing intensive course in lieu of the second semester. But many don’t take AP credit or other similar situations. So I’d aim for an interesting Writing intensive English course. I took a course on film and culture. It was interesting and I got to add quite a few more schools to my app.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
It depends on how it appears on your transcript. If you're school lists credit for the courses skipped due to the ACT, then you might be okay. This was the case for me.

It depends on how it appears on your transcript. If you're school lists credit for the courses skipped due to the ACT, then you might be okay. This was the case for me.

@tiramisucheese
I'm curious to know whether you applied to Columbia and Cornell as they seem to be real sticklers about their English/writing intensive course requirement.