1-year PreMed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SWEngineer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows of 1-year PreMed programs that prepare you for MD in the Caribbean?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone knows of 1-year PreMed programs that prepare you for MD in the Caribbean?

Thanks.

Um. why are you wanting to go to the Carib? Secondly, you generally need a BS/BA for medical school...

Thanks.

There's no way you can do 2 semesters gen chem+lab, 2 semesters of ochem+lab, 2 semesters of physics+lab, 2 semesters of English, 1 semester of math, 1.5 semesters of bio+lab all in one year.

Members don't see this ad :)
This post smells of just lack of knowledge. I wouldn't classify as troll unless there're multiple threads started that are ******ed. I honestly don't remember so clueless as some of the questions posted on here when I first started. I mean, what's a primary/secondary? 1 year premed? These people actually finish college? What a waste of 4 years tuition.

Rajasthan Technical University offers a three week intensive pre med course. You take all the necessary requirements and upon completion you take the MCAT. If you make over a 46 you are granted admission to- South Harvard Institute of Technology school of Medicine. South Harvard is like the little sister school of Harvard.

I found that the following offer a 1-year PreMed program:

1- M&D Europe (For some universities in the Caribbean, You can know from their website).
2- McDaniel College, Budapest (Not sure if it works for the Caribbean).
3- I think also the Medical University of the Americas MUA in Nevis provided PreMed (I think for MUA and St.Matthews. Not sure for other Universities).

I found that the following offer a 1-year PreMed program:

1- M&D Europe (For some universities in the Caribbean, You can know from their website).
2- McDaniel College, Budapest (Not sure if it works for the Caribbean).
3- I think also the Medical University of the Americas MUA in Nevis provided PreMed (I think for MUA and St.Matthews. Not sure for other Universities).

Wow, damn, you have to go outside the US to do a 1 year premed program? Who woulda thought? :rolleyes:

You don't need pre-reqs to go to carbbean med schools, they have 7-8 year programs that accept students right out of high school.

I don't like when people double capitalize the word premed

There's no way you can do 2 semesters gen chem+lab, 2 semesters of ochem+lab, 2 semesters of physics+lab, 2 semesters of English, 1 semester of math, 1.5 semesters of bio+lab all in one year.

could it be done in 12 mos?

Chem I and II
Bio I and II
Physics I and II
Math I
English I and II

o-chem in the summer

Of course, with any luck, the OP has had at least one or two of these required courses as an undergrad.

Chem I and II
Bio I and II
Physics I and II
Math I
English I and II

o-chem in the summer

Of course, with any luck, the OP has had at least one or two of these required courses as an undergrad.

Hmm... a better question would be will you ever sleep during those 12 months?

Once I realized OP was a troll I decided his post was actually pretty funny :)

Rajasthan Technical University offers a three week intensive pre med course. You take all the necessary requirements and upon completion you take the MCAT. If you make over a 46 you are granted admission to- South Harvard Institute of Technology school of Medicine. South Harvard is like the little sister school of Harvard.
LOL... If you make even 47 from the MCAT, then you're gonna be directly awarded an admission to a 1-year medical school of Midwest Maharaj University, which has been called the twin of Duke in some societies for the last 100 years...:laugh::smuggrin:

Chem I and II
Bio I and II
Physics I and II
Math I
English I and II

o-chem in the summer

Hmm... a better question would be will you ever sleep during those 12 months?

UVM has a post-bac that allows one to knock all these courses out in 12 months. and it's even better than taking organic in the summer, because you can start in May and be done the next May, in time to submit AMCAS "early."

i believe you'd be taking 16 credits one semester and 20 the other though... or you could push math or english out to the second summer (yeah yeah that's not twelve months but that'd be the way to do it, albeit more expensive)

so yeah it's possible. i might even have done something like it if i hadn't had to work full-time at the same time.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliscidoc

LOL... If you make even 47 from the MCAT, then you're gonna be directly awarded an admission to a 1-year medical school of Midwest Maharaj University, which has been called the twin of Duke in some societies for the last 100 years...:laugh::smuggrin:

LOL... South Harvard Institute of Technology. The ****-SOM. Nice "Accepted" reference :thumbup:

LOL... South Harvard Institute of Technology. The ****-SOM. Nice "Accepted" reference :thumbup:

Finally I have been checking all day to see if anybody recognized it. My work is done here.

:thumbup::love: